Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Intake Dual by Augvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Intake Dual by Augvape. This is the dual coil version of the Intake, a popular single coil RTA from last year by Augvape and Mike Vapes. It still offers top air flow, adds that second coil, and still has the look of the original Intake. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Buybest for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Intake Dual RTA
  • 1 4.2mL straight glass
  • 1 5.8mL bubble glass
  • Spare O-rings and screws
  • Allen Key
  • Coil cutting tool
  • Coils
  • Cotton
  • Paperwork

Available in stainless steel, gunmetal, black, and rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
UtNqwJk.jpg

UNBOXED
aiyHPJm.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on this RTA is a traditional post less deck. It comes with a coil cutting tool to get the correct coil lead length with no guess work. I had zero issues tossing coils in this and it has adequate space for dual 3mm coils with ease which happens to be my go-to most of the time. I positioned mine halfway between center and the air flow and it seemed to work well right there.

Wicking on this one stumped me. I typically like to take my cotton and just get the length tucked into the top of the juice flow holes. With this, it flooded immediately and did not work. I re-wicked this atomizer 5 times over my testing and I botched it 3 of the 5. I found that I had to really pack it into the juice flow holes and cut it long enough to be almost all the way on the bottom. If I did not do this, it was flood city and I would basically suck liquid straight out the atomizer and into my mouth.

AIR FLOW

Air flow on the first Intake was super innovative when it came out. It had two tubes that brought air from the top and right under the coil. This time around, it is more like a Zeus Dual or Themis and brings the air in from the top and hits the sides of the coils. It isn’t nearly as innovative, but it is functional. I like having top air flow, especially since I botched the wicking so bad that it would have leaked all over my mod if it was a bottom air flow RTA. The draw on this is also similar to the Zeus X, but with a little more restriction. I generally ran this at about ¾ open and found it to feel nice.

PHOTO GALLERY

1PzED28.jpg

OSyCD6G.jpg

UlfNZVP.jpg

MNObDnb.jpg

TtYUiZj.jpg

AGKsa9w.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

I won’t sugar coat it, but I didn’t test this all that much. I was extremely frustrated by the flooding that I had. I did get to test it with the included coil until cotton was gunked up and used it with another set of coils (by Badazd) for quite a bit as well. I usually use these way more, but like I said, this was frustrating. It’s too bad too, because when it works, it works really well. The flavor is top notch and It has a lot of good going for it. I like the looks, the quick turn refill cap, the capacity, the build deck, and the top air flow. However, the damn thing flooded out a lot. I could use it just fine for half a tank, then BAM, flooded. Flooded BAD. Another con I found with mine was how the top cap aligned with the air flow. This piece freely spins inside to align with the air flow, and it rattles around inside the thing. It makes it feel very cheap and made me think I got a dud sample. I have built probably over 100 RTAs. I tried different kinds of cotton (pads, ninja wick, native wicks), just to find a solution, and the only one was to pack super tight. Packing super tight also led to it getting slightly dry at times. I just couldn’t find the happy medium. I don’t recommend this RTA based on my sample. I didn’t have a good experience and it was infuriating.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Happy medium is somewhere between my vape shelf and the trash. Leaning closer to trash. LET IT BURN!

PROS

• Great Flavor
  • Simple build deck, made simpler with included coil length template
  • Looks great
  • Nice, snug top cap with quick turn removal
  • Great capacity, even with straight glass

CONS

• Constant worries about flooding
  • Middle of the chamber rattles around
  • Drip tip isn’t all that comfortable

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Buybest for review. They have these listed for about $30.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors