Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Blotto by Dovpo and the Vaping Bogan

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Blotto RTA by Dovpo. This RTA is a collaboration between Dovpo and the Vaping Bogan. Bottom air flow, quick turn refill cap, unique styling, and dual or single coil compatible make up some of the notable features of this device. I have heard lots of good regarding this, so now is the time to see where I stand on it. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Dovpo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Dovpo Blotto RTA
  • 1 2ml straight glass
  • 1 6ml bubble glass
  • 1 6ml Ultem bubble glass
  • 1 Spare parts bag
  • 1 T-handle tool
  • 1 Bottle opener / coil measuring tool
  • Paperwork

Available in stainless steel, gunmetal, and black.

STOCK SHOT
Xqc6vvi.jpg

PACKAGING
YZa5MEs.jpg

UNBOXED
1wqq81E.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on the Blotto is essentially a post less build deck, surrounded by a whole lot of air flow points. Building on it is pretty simple, as long as you know the limitations of the deck. I would recommend dual 2.5mm coils, (3mm if they are simple round wire), or a 3.5-4mm single coil. To aid in installation, they tossed in a skull looking bottle opener, which also has a cutout for coil length. This length is what I based off every time and it worked well. If you go with a single, you want to add just a little bit of length to it. I ran three different builds in mind for testing and all of them installed with ease.

Wicking on the Blotto is about as easy as it gets. There is a ring around the build deck base which helps to contain the wicking and I ran my wicks, so they just barely ran past this ring. I never experienced leaking or dry hits with dual or single coil installs.

AIR FLOW

The air flow on the Blotto is something that is advertised most by Dovpo. They are claiming some silly TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY-TWO-degree air flow. In terms that matter, this is a bottom air flow RTA which also has some angled slots on the side which bring air in. This combined with 26 air flow holes would lead one to think this is a very airy RTA. On the contrary, it is far from that. This is a restricted air flow atomizer which vapes similar to something like the Intake Single. Side by side to the Intake, and these are very close. That being said, I really enjoy how this feels. There are times that I enjoy super airy atomizers, but most of the time I like a smooth draw over anything, and this provides that. It opens up a bit more with a single coil build, but it is still not super airy.

PHOTO GALLERY

y9pXp1V.jpg

iZ4aLZm.jpg

bNwUUjn.jpg

dDV3edX.jpg

Bw7A0an.jpg

z9iWs7v.jpg

0Hvlvrg.jpg

QEHWmn9.jpg

OsTJ8MW.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Ok, so here we are at the conclusion of the Blotto journey. Three builds and 6 wicking jobs later this is my conclusion. The Blotto is legit. It is one of the best RTAs I have used in recent memory. The air flow is smooth and not too airy, which I like. It looks awesome, it is easy to build/wick, and the flavor is top notch. I used mine with 2.5mm fused claptons, 2.5mm twisted flat coils, and a 3.5mm twisted flat coil, and all of them vaped really well. The dual coil options were a bit more flavorful, but the single wasn’t a slouch either. Other great options with this are the extra parts. Clear glass, clear bubble glass, and an Ultem bubble are all included with this so there is a bit of something for everyone with it. I preferred the look over function and went with the straight glass all the time, but for those who need the capacity, it’s there. I can keep on gushing, but I also have to point out something that bothered me a bit. The sample I received was flawed. The build deck was bent in the base. You can see it in one of the pictures if you look closely. I was able to use it, but I must point this out as it could be indicative of a lack of QC. Other than that factory flaw, I can hardly come up with any cons. All of the cons I have are subjective things that some may find to be deal breakers. This is easily my favorite RTAs of 2019 and I will keep on using this thing, bent and all.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? DEFINITELY

PROS

• Great Flavor
  • Easy to wick
  • 3 glass options
  • Smooth air flow
  • Snug tolerances
  • Quick turn refill cap remains smooth and didn’t loosen up (tons of these get sloppy in time)
  • Good with single or dual coils
  • Love the styling of this one

CONS

• Mine came with factory flawed bent build deck
  • Air flow COULD be too constricted for some (but I love it)
  • Not a ton of room for coils, with 3mm duals being difficult
  • Ultem bubble glass looks awful in my opinion

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Dovpo for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for roughly $35.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors