Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Aquamaster V2 by Footoon

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Aquamaster V2 by Footoon. This is the first time that I have had my hands on a Footoon product. I won’t be able to do much for comparisons to the V1 on this, so this is a one-off review of what I have in front of me. This is a single coil RTA, with a rather simple design. Where things get unique is with the air flow, as it features two different air inlets for MTL or DL applications. I will cover both of these, as well as everything else I come across. So, let’s get right to it.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Aquamaster V2 RTA
  • 1 3ml straight glass
  • 1 4.4ml bubble glass
  • 1 Resin 810 drip tip
  • 1 810 “MTL” drip tip
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 Tri-tool

Available in stainless, sand blasted, black, and blue.

STOCK SHOT
uKOAOef.jpg

PACKAGING
x4hDOXm.jpg

UNBOXED
https://i.imgur.com/Zr5WxEY.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The Aquamaster V2 looks similar to the V1 on the outside, with the only differences being some extra engravings, however, all similarities go out the window and it much different. The build deck is a relatively basic 2 post design, which is made for single coil only. It is straight forward to build on and simple. To make things easier, I suggest bending the coil leads so they both come straight off the bottom. Insert the coil until centered in-line with the wicking slots and raise it up just a little bit (1-2mm) and you are good to go. It isn’t designed for massive coils, but I easily fit all of my builds within. I went for a single alien fused Clapton, with 26g dual cores and 40g outer wrap, and 6 wraps of the coil. I also ran a 5 wrap SFQ coil by Badazd and a simple 26g stainless build. All of my builds were 3mm for the most part, but I did a simple 26g SS coil at 2.5mm for testing MTL. There is adequate room for these types of coils, so as long as you don’t go for some massive builds, you should be fine.

As for wicking, this is also simple to figure out. I wicked mine so cotton just barely stuck into the wicking holes and it never leaked and kept up all day long. With the wicking channels so close to the height of the coils, they have to be bent over rather aggressively, but it keeps wicking super short which ensures it will keep up. I have a picture in the gallery of my wicking for reference. That was with the alien fused Clapton, which is overkill for this RTA.

AIR FLOW

On the outside, this is a basic rta. Even the build deck isn’t super impressive. However, air flow is what really changes things on this RTA. It has two different uses, all utilized with a simple spin of the AFC. Of it is turned all the way one way, the channels open up for direct lung vaping. The air flow comes in a larger opening under the coil, but also comes through the one post to bring air in the back. Airflow is not overly turbulent and provides air flow that goes right past the coil which is excellent for flavor. It isn’t the smoothest in the world, but I have no major gripes. The other setting, for MTL, opens up with the AFC spun the opposite way. This utilizes two small holes right under the coil. Even when wide open, this is a rather tight MTL draw. I tried to use MTL with larger coils, and felt it was too choked off. I then built a simple 2.5mm build for MTL and had better results.

PHOTO GALLERY

3qSLVtL.jpg

guLZXIU.jpg

4rpobPv.jpg

fAzU7k7.jpg

hoBtj75.jpg

aWzYffu.jpg

aWzYffu.jpg

D0DHZqP.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so this is a bit of a unique RTA. It is advertised as an RTA for MTL and DL vaping, so how does it do? First off, direct lung. Flavor is excellent. Air flow is smooth enough for me but could be a little better. Building it for DL is a breeze and I think that is where this atomizer excels. I attempted to run this in MTL a bit and felt like it was a bit too choked off. Sure, one can meet in the middle and use some of the larger air inlets, but it never felt like a proper MTL to me. I would have been totally fine if this was a direct inhale only RTA as it works well in that configuration. Comparing it to other atomizers in this price range and I feel it is overpriced. This is purely based on poor machining and finish work. The engraved design on the top and bottom are sharp, so they fill in with debris and when I tried to clean it up, it filled up with lint and even more debris. To top that off, my first glass section had the O-ring fused to the top and it shredded to bits when I went to remove it. Other than the final finishes and machining, I really like this in DL mode. Flavor is excellent, it is easy to build, and easy to wick. It also has a decent capacity that is a breath of fresh air comparing it to recent dual coil RTAs which seem to really pound through the liquid.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? This is a no from me. Not a bad atomizer, but I don’t like the fit and finish.

PROS

• Easy to build
  • Easy to wick
  • Great flavor
  • Good capacity
  • MTL and DL options for air flow

CONS

• MTL doesn’t feel right for me
  • Fit and finish are poor
  • Decorative machining is jagged

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Sourcemore for review. They have it listed for $34.99.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors