Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RDA Review - The STNG by Wotofo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the STNG RDA by Wotofo. This is what I am believe is Wotofo’s first shot at a dedicated MTL atomizer and is a collaboration with Russian reviewer Uncle Stas. I have had my chance to dabble with quite a few MTL rebuildables recently, so let’s get right to it and see how this stacks up eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Wotofo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Wotofo STNG MTL RDA
  • 1 510 Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Longer Drip Tip
  • 1 .75-ohm dual core fused Clapton coil
  • 1 1.2-ohm round-wire coil
  • 1 bag of cotton
  • Spare O-rings and screws
  • 1 Allen key
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, SS, Gunmetal, Blue, Gold, and Rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
a3HGF6F.jpg

PACKAGING
EXG5eIh.jpg

UNBOXED
QCKb8qD.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

Let’s just get right to the point with this review and get to what we see here. The STNG has a basic two post design, which uses clamps to secure the coils. Whichever way the coil is wrapped, it can be inserted, so that is a plus. This deck is very easy to build on, and nobody should run into any issues. When I placed my builds, I installed with the coil leads on the bottom side and pushed them down, so they were a couple of mm above the air flow. This seemed to be the right place for me, so I stuck to that almost every time.

Wicking on this RDA is also about as easy as it gets. There are large spots on the side to tuck the wick, and since this is a rda, you don’t need to put too much thought into nailed the wicking. Just snip it so it rests just above or at the base of the bottom and you are good to go.

AIR FLOW

The biggest debate with MTL atomizers always seems to be air flow. What you get here is a bottom air flow design, which enters through the side via a 1mm port (or so). This travels to a point right below the coil and up through two even smaller openings. What you get with this is a very tight MTL draw. It is probably one of the most restricted atomizers I have ever used, like ever. If you like SUPER tight draws, then this might be for you.

PHOTO GALLERY

8GS0OfI.jpg

NDsq21N.jpg

3jMn3sr.jpg

Vjh4MtH.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so this is simple to build, and it has very tight air flow. Soooo… how does that relate to how it vapes? For me…. I am not a fan. I tried both the round-wire and the fused Clapton that came with this. The smaller round wire build provides a little less of a choked off feel, but that Clapton is one of the tightest draws I have ever had. With the included drip tips, I actually felt like I was slurping some liquid up through the tip. The Clapton almost felt starved for air. The flavor was also not very good. I actually kept thinking I must have done something wrong or started to find out of there was a way to remove the bottom part of the deck where the two holes were to open it up more. This is machined in, and not removable, so that was not going to happen. With the small tips, I skipped using this as a dripper and went right to squonking. This works well overall, but it takes a special touch to not oversquonk this one. It has basically NO juice well, so oversquonking is easy, and liquid WILL pour out of the airflow intake. Once I got a feel for it, this stopped happening and wasn’t much of an issue. The biggest issue I have with this is just an overall pour vape from it. Very little flavor, way tighter than I like, and just something I will never want to use again. This might be alright for someone that likes small, round-wire builds, as I think it works best this way, but it is not for me.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Let the STNG BRN.

PROS

• Easy to build
  • Easy to wick

CONS

• Low on flavor
  • SUPER tight airflow
  • Not a fan of the skinny drip tips
  • Easy to oversquonk
  • Cosmetically, ALL colors expose the stainless ring at the bottom

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Wotofo for sending this to me for review. I am seeing this online

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors