Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RDA Review - The Berserker V2 by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Berserker V2 rda by Vandy Vape and Alex Vapors MD. This is the second iteration of mtl rda from the same design team and Vandy Vape, and essentially is a much different atomizer than the original. I enjoyed the first one for MTL and found myself using it quite a bit. This time around, this is a 22mm RDA, which features a new air flow design and a few other major design changes from the first. I was a fan of the V1, so stick around and I will let you know my thoughts on this one. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 VV BSKR V2 mtl rda
  • 1 Bag of spare parts (screws, O-rings, etc.)
  • 2 510 drip tips (chess piece and heat sink)
  • Spare black tip for the heat sink tip (comes with Ultem installed)
  • 1 Squonk Pin
  • 1 Regular Pin
  • 2 Superfine .74 fused Clapton coils
  • 4 airflow inserts
  • Paperwork
  • Measures 22mm wide x 24mm tall

Available in a ton of different colors including Black, Stainless, Gunmetal, and Rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
35ZSaJi.jpg

PACKAGING
snlcS9z.jpg

UNBOXED
NuvjLDq.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The build deck on the V2 is a vast change from the V1. This time around, the deck consists of two side-by-side screw posts with some fairly large flat screw heads. I found it simple to build on, as long as the coil was pre-bent to have the leads both come off the bottom. It pops in easy and I always aligned my coil just 1mm above the bottom air flow inlet. There is adequate room to snip the excess coil leads after word.

Wicking on this rda is also quite simple. The only thing to be watchful of is the cotton length. The juice well is pretty deep, so my go to method was to snip the cotton so it rested just a hair off the bottom. Since this is a smaller rda, which makes dripping difficult, I used this solely on a squonker. The liquid enters the juice well down low and fills up the well with the slightest press of the bottle, so one must be a little cautious. I never had issues with over squonking and it leaking, but a lot of that comes with the air flow, so let’s talk about that next.

AIR FLOW

Another big change from the V1 is the airflow. Like the V1 before it, the V2 uses air flow inserts for dialing in the air flow desired, however, that is the only adjustment. The V1 also had multiple holes on the outside, which combined with the insert for more customizability of the draw. This time, the air enters the top cap 180 degrees from the actual insert, travels around an inner chamber in the cap, and then heads into the inserts. These inserts all have a single hole and are 1, 1.4, 1.6, and 2mm in diameter. I found the 1.6 to be my jam personally. Changing these is simple and requires no tools, just pop them out the side and stick the other in. Like I mentioned in the last segment, over squonking was never an issue. For one, the holes are small, so surface tension helps hold liquid from going into the air flow. Secondly, the air flow chamber is designed to hold excess liquid if it happens to go that far. I never got a gurgly, slurpy, or remotely flooded draw, even when I TRIED to flood it. One bonus perk to this design is that the air travelling around the top cap will also cool it down. This thing never got the least bit hot during use.

PHOTO GALLERY

EENaV3D.jpg

ZvBRCOa.jpg

Lztstmn.jpg

d0zhLQX.jpg

1F7pg3g.jpg

qVIDVzB.jpg

jtzSgGT.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So, what do I think of how this one performs? Well, that is kind of a loaded question. Out of the gate, I experienced the worst machine oil flavor I ever experienced in a rebuildable. Even after a thorough cleaning and a few cycles through an ultrasonic cleaner, it still had that awful taste. Eventually I soaked mine in alcohol for a few hours, then ran it through ultrasonic for a couple more cycles. The only thing I could figure is that air flow channel had oil all up inside it. This sucked, and also means this air flow channel will be a bitch to clean moving forward as well. Once I powered through the nastiness things did get quite a bit better. Flavor is ok and air flow are good and I found that the air flow design was great at preventing over squonking. The air flow inserts offer enough of a change from one another that I expect many to find their ideal MTL draw on this rda. With all good experiences come some bad, even beyond that machine oil vaping experience. I found the drip tips to be a little bit small and they acted like a straw, so I ended up sucking high nic liquids straight into my mouth. The last con I have is that it vapes just OK to me and has the look of another generic atomizers. The V1 looked like it was high end. It had so many intricacies and the small diameter and beauty ring really did it for me. This is just so blah and could have looked MUCH better had they included a 24mm beauty ring. The included drip tips are also ugly in my opinion so not only do they suck to use, they suck to look at. I felt like the V2 took a couple of steps forward, but then took a huge step back with the vape I got from it. I enjoyed using the V1 much more, even if it did leak on me here and there when I went a little squonk happy. For now, I have other MTL rdas that I will go back to, and this more than likely go back in the box for good.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? No, it just didn’t do it for me at all.

PROS

• Easy to build
  • Easy to wick
  • 4 air flow inserts offer a solid range of air flow
  • Air flow inlet prevents top cap heat issues
  • Air flow inlet prevents leaking from over dripping / over squonking

CONS

• Blah in the styling department
  • Flavor isn’t as good as some other MTL rdas I am currently using
  • Machine oil vaping was just awful and took some time to clean up
  • Drip tips acted like straws and created a slurpy, nasty experience
  • Air flow inlet is inaccessible, making it about impossible to clean properly

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending this my way for review. I am seeing this online for about $25-30.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors