Become a Patron!

PIZZA DAVE DELIVERS - AN AIO REVIEW - THE NS PEN BY VANDY VAPE

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the NS Pen by Vandy Vape. This compact all in one device features a built in 650mah battery, magnetic drip tip cover, 1.5ml capacity, and 3 output levels. Let’s dive down and look at what makes the NS Pen the NS Pen, and as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vandy Vape NS Pen
  • 2 NS Pen SS316L 1.2-ohm coils
  • 1 Micro USB charging cable
  • 1 Manual

Available in Black, Silver, Gunmetal, and Rainbow

PACKAGING
4AePhr9.jpg

OUT OF BOX
qPimd87.jpg

STOCK SHOT
LExgIqG.jpg

OPERATION

The NS Pen is a compact and simple device to operate. Like most devices on the market, 5 clicks of the fire button will turn it on, and another 5 clicks will turn it off. A caveat to this device is it also has 3 different output voltages. With 3 clicks of the fire button (once powered on) it will cycle between White, Green, and Red which indicate voltage settings. White is 3.8v, green is 3.6v, and red is 3.4v. I didn’t notice a huge difference between these, but it is noticeable. I will talk about them a bit more in the how it vapes section. The manual lists a handful of fault/protection LED indications which include Over-vaping (10s or more), No-atomizer, Short-circuit, and low-power. I did not find any sort of indication that shows a real time output of battery level which is a huge let down. All that will happen is you can be vaping along, having a grand old time, then boom, the red led flashes 10 times and you must plug it in. Before we wrap up the operation portion, I will touch on refills. The top cap unscrews to reveal two small fill ports. I never had issues filling with smaller tipped bottles, but dropper bottles will make a mess. On the bright side, this device sips on liquids and refills are spread out a ways, but it can be a messy refill if you are a dropper bottle user.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

TMA5sWR.jpg

6Caupgi.jpg

0BUHhbH.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

The vape that this provides is right in the ball park of some of today’s tighter drawing pod systems. The vapor production is low, but the flavor is on point. One of my favorite nic salt liquids is a 70/30 ratio, so there are times when this is too thick for the wicking in pod systems and all in ones, but the NS pen had zero issues keeping up. I chain vaped it continually and it never gave me a dry hit. The air flow is not adjustable, so what you get is what you get, and it provides a mouth to lung hit that is more on the restricted side. I think it is a great draw personally as a device like this should be a bit tighter due to the market it is placed. My preferred mode was the higher output “white” setting as I got a little flavor from it. I did a blind test to see if I could actually tell what mode it was in, and while it wasn’t a huge difference, the white did pop out more to me. One con popped up when chain vaping on this in all modes (white being the worst), and it came in the form of heat. The tank section as well as the top of the mod get very hot and nobody likes a hot device.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FINAL THOUGHTS

I have used a few devices that have a similar form factor to this, but they didn’t perform as well as this one does. There are new pod systems and all in ones coming out every week, and this one stands out based on its style and form factor. It has a fair share of pros, but also has a handful of cons. The first con is the lack of a real time battery level. I get battery anxiety when a device doesn’t let me know where it is at. In turn, I always end up charging them every chance I can. Another con is the heat produced by the atomizer when chain vaping as I mentioned above. It isn’t bad for casual vaping, but it was noticeable when chain vaping. The last con is that this does have glass, and glass can break. It is protected well by the metal on the outside and would take a serious drop to break it, but it can be broken, and it would render this mod useless. I like that this has a drip tip cover, but the design is rounded, so if you place it on the bottom of the mod it won’t stand upright. Minor design con and not a deal breaker by any means. Some pros for this include flavor, which is satisfying and smooth. I never had coil issues at all either which is a huge pro considering the luck I had with their last all in one. No gurgling, flooding, leaking, or early burn out. It wicks well even with 70/30 e-liquid. It offers power modes for those who might want to turn it down up or down a hair. Battery life, as well as liquid capacity are adequate to get through a full day for me. It might not be the same for everyone, but it lasted for me. Overall, Vandy Vape put out a decent all in one device for those who want to start out vaping. I like that this is a cylindrical style device, as I have had friends (who smoke) ask me why many of the starters these days are designed in odd shapes. They felt more comfortable holding something that is shaped like a cigarette, so I think it is fitting that a starter has this shape.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Like I said on some other pod/starter kids, probably not. Not because it is bad or anything, but just because there will be another one out next week in this market.

PROS

• Portable size
  • Good Flavor
  • Zero wicking issues
  • Multiple power settings
  • Drip tip dust cap (great for pocket carrying)
  • Battery and liquid lasts through a work day

CONS

• No battery level indication
  • Non-adjustable air flow
  • Tank gets warm when chain vaping
  • Flavor isn’t quite as good as the top pod systems

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending it my way for review. If you want to get your hands on one of these, they are now on pre-order for the mid $20 price range. Should be out soon.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors