Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Mind Pod Pro by Vape Only

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Mind Pod Pro AIO by Vape Only. The Mind is the latest AIO to come from Vape Only. I have not tested a ton of their products, but they have a relatively small following and are not often a massively popular brand. They tend to come out with more niche products in the vaping market, including e-pipes, cigalike kits, or other small pod systems, but here they are offering a full on AIO with adjustable output, a display, and a new pod holding system I have not seen before. It has some very promising things about it, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to my by Heavengifts for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Mind device

• 1 3mL pod

• 1 1.2-ohm coil

• 1 .6-ohm coil

• 1 Type C charging cable

• Paperwork

Available in matt red, space gray, knight blue, and matt black.

STOCK SHOT
SJrCm8N.jpg

PACKAGING
y6xouYw.jpg

UNBOXED
PlNq8ko.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

• Measurements: 45.5mm x 16mm x 96.6mm
  • Battery: 1500mah
  • Power Range: 5-36w
  • Capacity: 3mL
  • Other features: Top fill pod, .96” screen, adjustable power, simple mode, and push to remove pods (more on that below), and Type-C charge port

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Cute. Yep, I got the knight blue color, which is a lovely shade of blue that actually looks quite nice. The shape on this is a little bit odd, with a tapered top and a very rounded look about the thing. Many features jumped out immediately, which I was happy to see. FIrst off, USB-C charge port for the win. Small screen for the win. Top fill for the win. Clear liquid level sight glass on the side for the win. Now, how the heck do I get this pod out? Oh, push you say? Yep ... push down on the pod and it pops right out. It has one of those clicky holding clips in the bottom which secure the pod, and with a spring loaded action will release once pushed down. Super unique, and I dig it. So far, the Mind Pod Pro, out of the box checks so many good points that my optimism for this grew exponentially when I got my hands on the device.

OPERATION

Vapeonly has not designed a ton of devices with displays on them. Many of their devices have output LEDs, or no settings at all, so I was curious to see how they would do this one. In short, they really nailed it with their display. It is easy to operate and offers three modes of operation based on the users experience. Let’s just dive in and hit it all.

• Five clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off.
  • Holding the UP and DOWN buttons together will lock out the adjustment.
  • Pressing the fire button three times will allow you to switch between operating modes, like I mentioned above
    • SIMPLE - Adjust output between low, medium, and high
    • POWER - Adjust the wattage output, in .1-watt increments. This also has a smart function which will keep the wattage within the range of the installed coil in the pod.
    • VOLT - Adjust the voltage output of the device, in .1-volt increments.

Indeed a super simple design, which works well and is very user friendly. I love that there is a simple mode, as new vapors just switching over from cigarettes often are overwhelmed with all of the jargon that comes with vaping. The fact that one can just adjust low, medium, and high is super easy and a great option, but then including wattage and voltage adjustment is awesome for long time vapors. Brilliant.

PODS

The pods on the Mindo Pod Pro are unique and not something I myself have seen before. The pods have a top fill system, so they can be refilled with a removable top cap. It is a bit on the small side and can be kind of a paid, but the opening is decent and I never had issues with messy refills. Coils are inserted on the bottom with a push/pull method. They are threaded into a base, which has an AFC, then pressed into the pod and held in place with o-rings. This all seems normal, or done before, but where these are unique is how they are held into the device. I explained this in my first impressions segment, but they have a latch system where you push the pod down into a spring loaded clamp and it latches. To remove, you push down and it pops right out. It works really great and the pod isn’t going to just pop out on its own.

There is an AFC on the based of the coil. I found that the coils themselves offer up different levels of air flow, thanks to the size of the bore through the coils. As expected, the 1.2-ohm is the tightest and the .4-ohm is the loosest. The AFC has three air holes, but of course, one could do half holes for even more adjustment. The following summaries vary from coil to coil, but are pretty close between the 1.2-ohm and the .6-ohm. The .4-ohm coil is a wider bore, so noticeably more loose than the others. One air hole is a nice MTL draw. Not too tight, not too loose. Two air holes is a loose MTL draw, with flavor popping a little more than one, but almost too open for MTL. Three air holes is a restricted lung draw, or a SUPER loose MTL draw. Vapor gets cooled down a lot on three holes, and works best with the .4-ohm coil at max wattage. Nic salts with fully open and 35w is more potent, and not really my jam.

vAir-Mi COILS

Often times, the coils of these AIO devices is what is a make or break with each of them. I found that Vape Only did a great job on these. I am not sure if other coils are compatible at all, but I don’t even care, as they perform great. It took forever for me to kill the coils, so I had limited time with the .4-ohm by the time I got to it. I started out with the 1.2-ohm round-wire coil. It offered a great MTL vape. I used this one at either the medium setting in simple mode, or 10.5w in power mode. The flavor is top notch for pod devices and it took 24 mL before it started to fade out on flavor. It wasn’t even burnt tasting at that point. The next coil I went with was the .6-ohm mesh. I ran this at either high in simple mode, or 24w in power mode. Flavor stepped up a bit from the 1.2-ohm but not a huge leap. I ran 15mL through this before switching over to the .4-ohm coil, and it wasn’t even close to dead yet. The last coil, the .4-ohm mesh offers another bump in flavor (thanks to a more coil surface area) and seems to be geared for the restricted lung style vape off this device. I ran it on the max wattage setting of 35w and it is a little cooler than the other two, but produces more flavor and vapor, so it is a trade off. I didn’t use this one long enough to kill it, but it seems on point with the others and should last 8 refills or so.

PHOTO GALLERY

lGwlYe0.jpg

IpaW66T.jpg

wJh8qBb.jpg

w4n6UH3.jpg

bI8s8mL.jpg

3Vpp9QN.jpg

e5ywcMb.jpg

bzit73Q.jpg

tmnKHWm.jpg

abFUAzZ.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FINAL THOUGHTS

I put a little more time into the details of this review, and for good reason. Vape only made one hell of a pod system that offers an excellent, versatile vape experience. The flavor from this is top notch in the pod/AIO world, and I found that the cons were limited. The flavor alone is a massive pro, as I loved taking this with me all the time. Another pro is the battery life, because I could grab this any time and knew it was going to last me however long I was out and about. Having a display showing that battery life is another big pro, as if you have been reading my reviews for a while, you know I am adamant about knowing where the battery is at, at all times. I didn’t say anything about it before, but the charging via USB-C is also super quick, charging the from dead to full in less than an hour (closer to 45-50 minutes). The way they did the display, with varying modes for different levels of vape experience is another pro, making this awesome for beginners and long time vapers alike. The refill method is another pro, with top fill being my preferred method in pods. I am so sick of rubber plugs being tossed on so many pod devices at this point, especially when their design could be done with a top fill. As far as cons go, there are only a few that I even want to bring up. The first being the placement of air flow on the mod itself. I found that if I gripped it a certain way, I could close off airflow into the AFC. Not bad for on the fly closing off, but odd feeling at times when vaping and it feels choked off. It is also a little noisy going through those spots, but not a big deal. Another con is that I got some gurgling here and there with the .4-ohm coil. It clears and it vapes fine after a puff or two, but nobody got time for that. The biggest con, which was annoying was the little bit of leakage at the base of the coil. It wasn’t a lot, but if it sat for a day or two, there was noticeable seeping inside the cup surrounding the pod. It didn’t happen all the time, and I am not even talking a full blown leaky mess, just some residual liquid in there to wipe out here and there.

Alright, so there it is. I really like this device, and it is easily in my top 5 of the year for AIOs. I am going to be tossing a best of 2019 list together, hopefully next weekend. So stayed tuned for that and thank you all for reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Even though I really like this, I still struggle to say yes to pods and AIOs. They keep getting better as time goes on, and I am sure more good ones are to come. I was lucky enough to get 5 extra coils for this and will use it until they are all gone.

PROS

• Excellent flavor

• Compact design (lightweight and pocket friendly)

• Display for adjustment, and battery level

• Three operation modes

• Adjustable airflow

• Wide range of airflow draws

• Top fill pods

CONS

• Minor leaking at the base

• Occasional gurgle from .4-ohm mesh

• Air flow inlet to the pod can be blocked by your hand

Thank you everyone and thank you to Heavengifts for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $35.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors