Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Tank Review - The Zlide by Innokin

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Zlide by Innokin. The Zlide is an MTL tank created as a collaboration between P. Busardo, Dimitris Agrafiotis (The Vaping Greek), and Innokin. These guys previously released the Zenith, and this was seen by many MTL fans as one of the best atomizers to be released in recent years for MTL vaping. I know many that rely on this for their day to day tank, and the Zlide is essentially an upgraded version of it. The Zlide features a locking slide to fill system, new Z-plex3D coils, and a totally new design. Let’s dive in and see what I think of the Zlide and see where it fits in today’s market.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Innokin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• Innokin Zlide Tank
  • 1 Resign 510 drip tip (with locking nipple)
  • 1 Z-plex3d .48-ohm coil
  • 1 Zenith 1.6-ohm coil
  • 1 Replacement Glass
  • 1 spare 510 drip tip (black)
  • Spare Parts
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Stainless, Gunmetal, and Blue

STOCK SHOT
wqE7h0t.jpg

PACKAGING
HMzvcCW.jpg

UNBOXED
WMn2lv0.jpg

COILS

Coils are often one of the biggest concerns when it comes to any tank. Innokin created this tank with several coils in mind. They made this tank compatible with previous “Z” style coils, but also released this with the new Z-plex3D .48-ohm coil. These are a small version of the 3d mesh coils that were released with the iSub B tank as they are made for a more restricted MTL draw. I ran this tank with both the OG Zenith 1.6-ohm coils and the Z-plex3D coils. I found both coils to perform well with the liquids I tried. With the 1.6-ohm coil, I elected to run a 50/50 e-liquid that used 12mg of freebase nic. I was sent spare plex 3D coils, so that one was ran with 60/40 25mg nic salts, as well as that same 50/50 12 mg liquid. I had no problems with spitting, leaking, or dry hits. I found that it took a little longer to prime than some larger premade coils, but that is because these coils don’t have massive wicking holes. Also, like many Innokin tanks, the coils are removed by simply pulling them out the bottom and held in place with O-rings.

AIR FLOW

Air flow is another huge factor with any tank, and it is particularly important when trying to achieve a “proper MTL” draw. The Zlide comes with 4 air flow holes situated at the bottom for a varying range of draw. The range of draw is good enough to fit anyone’s MTL style. I found that 3 holes open at 15 watts on the Z-plex3D coils was perfect and is highly satisfying.

REFILL METHOD

Like I said before, the name of this tank is derived from the sliding nature of the top fill. They advertise this tank has having a child-proof locking system. Essentially the 510 drip tip has an extended nipple that locks against the chimney and has to be pulled up slightly to pop it open. The spare 510 tip doesn’t have this, so if this is bothersome for you, the option is there to use the black tip and not have the locking system. I didn’t look at this as a locking method as much as I felt it was great for keeping this tank closed in a pocket. There are no worries of this popping open on accident and leaking into a pocket. It is a solid design that is well done and feels great. One nice little extra is that the sliding top is removable so it can be cleaned, or the seal can be replaced. Often times, sliding tanks have fixed seals and then are press fit together, rendering the tank useless after this seal goes back. There are two small screws (and spares included) that can be removed for cleaning and replacement of that white seal.

PHOTO GALLERY

ubwFLNa.jpg

9dP5B1R.jpg

aA5wv2d.jpg

0cAPtvp.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

The generic answer to the question of how this vapes…. damn good. I totally dig the Zlide and find that it is one of the most satisfying MTL experiences I have had in a long time. From the moment I received this tank, I was into it. The style, machining, and overall quality is excellent. The blue anodized one I have shows off the well machined exterior, and everything fits together perfectly. Even the sliding action is snug and satisfying to perform. I found that this little tank is packed with many pros, and short on cons. As for pros, the sliding top fill locking function is excellent. The overall design of this tank looks great in my opinion. I would have liked to see a 24mm tank again (Zenith), as this 22mm version cuts back the liquid capacity to just 2ml. 2ml didn’t get me all the way through a work day, but it came up just a hair short. It would be nice to have a 4ml capacity, because it would make for a great all day vape. Lower wattages coupled with more capacity means a full tank and a single battery would last quite a long time, but sadly, not the case here. Other than that small con, I kept finding pros. Coil choices is one that comes to mind. I felt that both the 1.6-ohm and the .48-ohm coils perform well, but there are other Zenith coils that would work well in here also, which makes this a versatile vaping experience. Like I mentioned above as well, the air flow has a nice span of MTL draws, so many vapers should be able to find their sweet spot for air flow. I am pretty sure you know what I will close out with after praising it so much. They nailed it with this tank for all of the MTL vapers out there. I can see myself grabbing this, pairing it with a small mod, and chooses this over my pod systems any day.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Definitely would. I don’t have a single MTL tank in my collection that I would choose over it.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Nice design
  • Well machined
  • Lots of coil options
  • Locking slide to fill system

CONS

• 2ml capacity
  • Coils take a long time to prime (I waited 15 minutes for best results)
  • Silicone O-rings will get stained with dark-nic liquids over time

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Innokin for sending this my way for review. I am seeing this online for roughly $20.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors