Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Tank Review - The MAAT by Voopoo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the MAAT sub-ohm tank by Voopoo. This tank is one of the latest released by Voopoo and comes jam packed with several features that make it a rather unique design. MAAT, which stands for middle adjustable airflow tank, is somewhat of a new principle in design, and is obviously the big thing they are proud of since the tank is named after it. Beyond this air flow, you get a spring-loaded top tip, push insert coils, and a 2 or 4ml capacity tank. Let’s dive down, get into each detail, see how it vapes, and as always, I will have my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Heaven Gifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 MAAT Tank w/ 4ml bubble glass
  • 1 Spare 2ml straight glass
  • 1 MT-M2 .2-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 MT-M1 .13-ohm mesh coil
  • Bag of O-rings
  • Paperwork

Available in a ton of different colors including Black, Stainless, and Rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
YwsRIID.jpg

PACKAGING
1yvcm2T.jpg

UNBOXED
s7FE3iN.jpg

FEATURES

Like I said in the intro, there are several things that make the MAAT stand out in a world of countless tank releases. For starters, I think it looks really great. The design elements this has, which includes the middle airflow, engravings, and slimmer shaped bubble, all come together for a fine-looking tank. I think the easiest way to cover everything is to just start at the top. There, you will find a slim looking fill cap. Press a little button on the side and this fill cap will slingshot over to the side to reveal a single fill port which is roughly 6mm x 3mm. It is large enough where I had no issues keeping a bottle tip to the side and filling with little fuss. Just below that top cap you will see a factory installed 4ml bubble glass. This glass is slim in design and doesn’t stick out as much as many on the market. Of course, where TPD compliance is a must, you will find that 2ml straight glass in its place. This is also a spare for those who don’t like the look of a bubble. Moving on downward and you will see the air flow ring. This hexagonal air flow ring features some engravings, along with 3 air flow inlets. From this point, the air moves in, goes down, and up the bottom of the coil. However, I will go over that more below. Now we are down to the base of the atomizer. At the base, you will find a bottom cap with some knurling and branding on it. Give this a quarter turn and it pops right off to reveal the base of the coil within.

COILS
Voopoo has released new coils for this tank which are called MT coils. They feature “PnP” technology, which stands for push n pull. Essentially, these are held in place by an O-ring at the top and bottom of the coil. We have seen this from Innokin for years, and many really like this type of coil. Remember that quick turn bottom cap from above? Simply pop that back on, and it is ready to go. Very quick to change coils, and it also can be done with the tank rather full since the chimney around the coil stays intact. Beyond there install, let’s talk about them a little more. What you get with the tank is a single (M1) or dual mesh coil (M2). I did some looking online and Voopoo also has the M3 coil which is a triple core mesh. When testing the M1 and M2 coils I found the life of them to be right up there with the best mesh coils out there. I got somewhere in the realm of 50mls through them before flavor started to drop off due to gunking up of the mesh.

AIR FLOW

So, with a tank that is named after the airflow, it must be pretty amazing right? Right. I really like what they did with this tank. The middle air flow offers a smooth draw, along with an aesthetic aspect that makes it stand out a bit. This air flow comes in the sides, down to the bottom, and up through the core of the coils. The middle air flow also helps with some seeping or leaking that can happen with bottom air flow, as the left-over vapor doesn’t roll out the bottom and onto the mod after a draw. I fully support this design and would love to see others follow suit.

PHOTO GALLERY

HU1ncbI.jpg

IwgUbtr.jpg

O38DnNS.jpg

BEnXl9W.jpg

RpW71Vc.jpg

nJ5Hhi3.jpg

6VZbE95.jpg

CaUXVWN.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so I like how it looks, I like the air flow, and I like the coils, but how does it vape? In short, it vapes really nice. The air flow being super smooth adds to the experience and I found that at wide open it is right where I prefer air flow to be. Often times, new sub-ohm tanks have massive air inlets at the base, which is just too much air flow for me. I always find myself choking them down to half to be where I like it, but then that messes with the way air enters the coil base. With the MAAT, I left it wide open and ran it there all the time. Coil life, like I mentioned above also did well, with going at least 50ml before I felt some drop off. Flavor from these coils is also good in my opinion. I liked the single mesh a bit more than the double mesh, as the flavor appeared to pop just a bit more and bring out more notes in my liquids, but it also didn’t spit as much droplets as the dual. The dual provided a moister vape, but not as smooth to me. I tried several flavors that I have vaped for a long time and it produced similar flavor to many of my rdas.

Alright, so I like how it vapes, but do I like this tank overall? To be honest, they have some work to do. My first sample was bad. It leaked liquid out just about as fast as I filled it. Heaven Gifts and Voopoo scrambled and got me two more samples in short time, both of which did not do this. I couldn’t find the issue with that tank, but I can only assume something was machined wrong where those push/pull coils met the chimney. With good samples, I found a few things that I don’t like. For starters, the swivel top cap doesn’t have any seals on it at all. The seal is a flat metal on metal, so after fills, or during regular use, liquid will seep out around the point where they meet. I found myself wiping this area non-stop. The next con with this tank is how easily that quick turn base comes off. If one were to grab the tank and twist slightly when on the mod, it will pop right off and poor the entire tank out everywhere. The base is also narrower than the air flow adjustment, so one must carefully grab this base when removing the tank from a mod or the same thing will happen, where it pours out all over. Some of the other cons I have is in regard to proprietary parts. The drip tip, for starters, slips over the top of the tank rather than being a 510 or 810 tip. Good luck finding replacements. The 2nd parts are the coils. These are their own design and not compatible with other brands. Locally, I will never be able to get these coils. Beyond these couple of things, this tank has a lot of good going for it. I love how it looks aesthetically and like how it vapes. It shows some promise with some cool design aspects, but they just need refining a bit in my opinion.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? This is a pass for me. While the flavor is quite good, the seeping liquid at the top would keep me away from this.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Smooth Airflow
  • Good capacity
  • Good coil life
  • Love the aesthetics
  • Some neat design features

CONS

• Top fill area seeps e-liquid
  • Had some issues with major leaking on one sample **** two other samples worked fine, but that first one put major doubts in my mind.
  • Could potentially make a massive mess when removing from the mod if not careful
  • Proprietary coils aren’t available locally
  • Proprietary drip tip

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Heaven Gifts and Voopoo for sending this my way for review. This tank is listed for about $40.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors