Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A RTA Review - The Berserker 1.5 MINI by Vandy Vape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Berserker 1.5 Mini MTL RTA by Vandy Vape. This RTA is the little brother to the Berserker 1.5 which was released a while back. These are basically the same atomizer, but in a smaller diameter version. Everything from the build deck, wicking channels, and air flow inlets is essentially the same. This measures in just a hair taller than the 1.5 but is shrunk down to a 22mm diameter. Let’s get right to it, and see how it compares to the bigger brother, and as always, I will have my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vandy Vape for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Berserker Mini MTL RTA V1.5
  • 1 Delrin 510 drip tip
  • 1 Heatsink 510 drip tip w/ interchangeable black or Ultem tips
  • 1 2 ml glass section
  • 1 2.5ml Metal tank section
  • 1 pack or spare parts
  • Tools
  • Coils
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Stainless, Gunmetal, and Rainbow

STOCK SHOT
158xnpt.jpg

PACKAGING
vrIzM34.jpg

UNBOXED
ZZg9rey.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

This section is basically a duplicate of the build deck review for the Berserker 1.5. The mini version has the exact same deck in every way. This rda features two large screws which clamp down on the coil leads. These are situated on opposite sides, so the coil is installed with the first lead going one way and the other going the opposite direction. There is plenty of space to work with for typical MTL builds. I ran simple round-wire builds that were 3mm, but also went with Vandy Vapes included 2.5mm Clapton wires. I found that each of these were easy to install on this basic build deck. The coil leads can be snipped after it is situated, and it is designed so there is nothing in the way when it comes time to snip. I installed all my builds with the coil leads coming off the bottom and left it in a straight line across which kept the coil just a hair above the air flow inlet. The screw design allows the builder to install coils wrapped overhand or underhand without much fuss. I found that I could hold the coils in place with a coil rod and it held in place without being contorted by the screw design.

Wicking on this one is also nothing too complicated. The wicking channels on this rta are not very small. At first, I felt this would lead to leaking issues, but found them to be sized just right for 2.5 or 3mm coils. When I installed cotton, I snipped the leads, so they tucked into the wicking holes, but didn’t protrude down into the tank and it worked great every time. I never experienced leaking, but I did wick it thin a couple of times and would get some gurgling from time to time, but never a full-on leak.

AIR FLOW

Air flow on the mini version is the exact same as the larger 1.5. This bottom air flow MTL rta features a single bottom airflow inlet sized 1.0, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8mm respectively. The AFC ring also has a tear drop shape, so each hole can be tapered down slightly for even more control. There is a wide range of MTL draws with this and I don’t know of too many people that couldn’t dial in just the right draw they are looking for.

PHOTO GALLERY

LPI8ZW0.jpg

BxwQWUF.jpg

s8KqW1r.jpg

fvQ3WLo.jpg

vYR6g7G.jpg

9Ggd4AG.jpg

LVk14FS.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So….. many of the previous sections were carbon copies of what I found with the Berserker 1.5. The biggest difference between these is size, and it shows. I did some side by side testing with the 1.5 and the mini, with the exact same builds and liquid, and I could hardly tell a difference. I never had wicking problems with the mini and found that as long as I worked the wicking just right for the size of coil, it wicked just fine. One big thing I noticed on the 1.5 was the occasional oversaturated coil, minor flooding if you will, but never had this happen over the handful of builds and re-wicks I put in the mini version. I don’t know if it’s the tank size or what, but it seemed to perform just a little better in that aspect. This tank still comes with the optional metal tank section that was offered with the full size 1.5. This is awesome for durability, but not awesome for seeing how much liquid is left in the tank. I mentioned in the past that I ran my other tank with glass and used a puff counter to gauge empty. I then ran it with the metal tank, and gauged the level based on the puffs of that particular coil/liquid combo. It works, but not the most convenient thing to do. So, how do I think this stacks up in the mtl world, and against its bigger brother? I reviewed some solid little atties last year, and still stand behind those for MTL. However, this isn’t a slouch either. It offers amount of draw options and was easy enough for me to classify it as beginner friendly. As for how it compares to the 24mm Berserker, I have mixed feelings. I would prefer the 22mm version as it just seems right for MTL. I felt like it maybe wicked a little better, but it could have just been that I nailed wicking better as well? I would think if you are a 24mm Berserker 1.5 owner, there isn’t much reason to snag this unless you truly desire a smaller size for looks.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? I said I definitely would on the 24mm version. If both of mine went into the oven, and I truly desired an MTL vape, this is the one I would go for, even if MTL isn’t really my style.

PROS

• I like the 22mm look better than the 24mm
  • Easy to build
  • Easy to wick
  • Decent flavor for MTL vaping
  • Not a huge capacity drop by losing 2mm of tank size.
  • Extra accessories (drip tips and metal tank section)
  • Affordable price

CONS

• Metal tank section provides no view of remaining capacity
  • Flavor isn’t as good as some other MTL atomizers I tested over the last year

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Vandy Vape for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in picking this one up, it looks to be a struggle online right now. I am seeing it for roughly $30, but it isn’t listed all over quite yet.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors