Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Relx

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Relx pod system. I am going to keep this one pretty brief because there isn’t a ton to go over here. The Relx is a pod system from the company of the same name. This pod system features a 350mah battery, prefilled pods, and is inhale fired. I am going to do this review as a head to head with Juul, as this would be a direct competitor. Let’s get right to it.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Buybest for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Relx 350mah battery
  • 1 2ml pod (all of mine came with mint, but I am seeing others listed online)
  • 1 Micro USB charging cable

Available in red, pink, blue, grey, and black.

Packaging
wMjGZY5.jpg

Out of Box
gWc30op.jpg

Stock Shot
5hPAKVi.jpg

OPERATION

There isn’t much to cover here. All you have to do is charge it, pop a pod in and vape it. When charging, there is a white LED indicator on top which remains on until fully charged. I found that it takes about 45 minutes from the time it indicates low battery until full. The LED also has a few indications when vaping. While firing, the LED will slowly illuminate to let you know that it is indeed firing. If you exceed the vape time allowed the LED will flicker 3 times and it will stop firing. When the battery is low the LED will flicker 10 times. One thing I found is there isn’t much of a warning when it comes to battery life. It is one of those devices you vape, and think everything is all good, and then the low battery LED comes on and it is time to charge. One not about battery life, however, I was able to get all the way through a full day on a charge without ever seeing low battery. It popped up as low about 2/3 the way through a pod.

HOW IT VAPES

The vape that I get from this pod system is very nice. It ramps up quickly, provides good vapor, and more flavor than something like a Juul. The draw is a nice middle of the road MTL inhale which is spot on for me. The excellent vape experience that this provides is all thanks to what they call Feelm Technology. Feelm is essentially a fancy word for their 1.0-1.2-ohm ceramic mesh coils in the pods. They can call it what they want it, cuz it works well. It keeps up with every hit and provides consistent flavor and vapor every time. I didn’t get any leaking or gurgling with these pods and the vape always felt saturated and never starved for liquid. With a pod system that has prefilled pods, the enjoyment and satisfaction is going to be dictated by the flavors that they release. I was lucky enough to have been given a few different flavors to sample for review, so I can give my opinions on what I think of each. They come in either 30 or 50mg nic strength and that strength varies with some of the pod flavors. I don’t really know why they did that, but I can only assume it is because some of the flavors may provide more of a throat hit, so they toned down the nicotine within them to keep all of them feeling similar. I found all of them to have a slightly stronger throat hit than a Juul, but not harsh in any way.

MANGO – 3% (30mg)

Mango is by far my favorite of all. It has a nice fruit flavor with just a touch of menthol on the exhale. I want to continue to use this thing all the time with this flavor in it. I will be going out and buying more of these to keep using this pod system.

BLUEBERRY - 3% (30mg)

This is my second favorite flavor I tried. It is a nice, natural blueberry flavor, also with a little bit of menthol on the exhale. I don’t normally like blueberry vapes because the flavor is often overpowering to me, but this one works for me.

LEMON TEA - 3% (30mg)

This one took some time to grow on me. At first, I felt like the flavor was a bit too much like dish soap and a bit floral. I kept coming back to it, and slowly it started to taste better. I don’t crave the flavor, but I can see many people digging it.

MINT - 5% (50mg)

This is my least favorite of the pods. It is weak on mint flavor, and is very VERY cold. The amount of menthol is a bit too strong for my personal preference, but it might work for those who like a super strong menthol.

They also have a basic tobacco flavor, but I did not receive one of these to review.

PHOTO GALLERY

gOyOhnH.jpg

Y3Wo5qB.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

In short, I would much rather use one of these over a Juul. The battery life is better and the pods last longer as well. There are quite a few flavors to choose from so there shouldn’t be a problem finding the right one for you. I love the fact that it can be charged with a micro USB instead of a special charger. The only con I can think of with this is the lack of a better battery level indication. I always like to see at least three levels of battery because I like to have a little bit of an idea where it is at before I leave the house. The only way I can do that with this is to top it off before every outing. I think that Relx made a great pod system and I hope these take off and are available everywhere…… mostly so I can go get me some more Mango and vape on.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Yes

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Good battery life
  • Pods hold 2ml (lasted me 3 days)
  • Charges via micro usb
  • No leaking

CONS

• Battery indication is either good, or dead
  • Mint flavor is too strong for me (subjective con)

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to BuyBest for sending these my way for review. BuyBest has these listed on their site for $40. A 3 pack of pods is $20.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors