Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The ET Auto by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the ET Auto pod system by Vaptio. This is the latest pod system released from Vaptio and is named after the “alien” theme that it is branded as. It features a 550mah built-in battery, 1.5ml refillable pods, auto draw activated, and has red LEDs which light up when firing. This is a simple pod system, with no buttons or adjustments in any way.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Vaptio for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 ET Auto mod
  • 1 ET Auto Pod
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Red, Green, Light Blue, Blue Gradient, and Purple Gradient. Depending on the site, it looks like there are a few other colors coming out as well.

STOCK SHOT
oeJoG1M.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
RIWTJ7X.jpg

OUT OF BOX
EujoflL.jpg

OPERATION

Like I said above, this is a simple kit. Charge it, fill it, vape it. There are no buttons to turn this device on and off, and it is auto draw activated. The manual is poorly done, and even though they seem to have tried to make it simple, they made it more complicated. I am going to try and simplify the device as much as possible.

• Charging – LEDs are on while charging, and will go off when fully charged
  • Battery indication – LEDs are lit when vaping, the LEDs will quickly shut off afterword when the battery level is greater than 50%. When the battery is lower than 50% the LEDs shut off slightly longer after. When the battery is low and it is time to charge, the LEDs will flash 3 times and it will not function.
  • There are various flashes for short circuit, overcharging, and over vaping as well.

Those are the basics of how it operates, so now it is time to fill. Like many pod systems the pods on the ET have a rubber plug on the bottom for filling. It isn’t my favorite method as it can get messy, very messy if using a dropper style bottle. The pods are held in the device with magnets, and it provides a satisfying “SNAP” as you insert them into the device.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

ifbrS1S.jpg

QiFoamu.jpg

gWJ79Dw.jpg

PqYZmTa.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

If you have read up on my reviews, you may remember that I enjoyed the Solo Flat by Vaptio in the past. For how large it was, it performed well, and had an elegant look. This one is kind of cheesy to me. The whole Alien them is silly and doesn’t add anything positive to the device for me. Beyond the silly theme, you will find that this device has a solid feel, is very pocket friendly, and has a slim comfortable tip. The vape that this provides is so so. Comparing it to other pod systems I have laying around, I find it to draw like a Sourin Air. If you haven’t vaped this, it is a loose MTL draw, and is open enough to a tight lung inhale. Flavor from this is middle of the road for pod systems I have tested. The Innokin EQ, Joyetech Runabout, Renova Zero, and Smoant Karat have much better flavor in my opinion. To be honest, it was pretty tough to want to use this, as the flavor was there, but not enough to satisfy a flavor craving. It was only good to satisfy a nicotine craving. I refilled the pod 3 times, and flavor is the same after 3 refills (just 4.5ml) and I haven’t vaped it enough to see where the burn out point happens. I experienced some gurgling from time to time if this sat for a day or so, and part of that is because the shape forces you to lay it on its side. When I used this as my sole device, I was able to get all the way through a work day on a charge and a refill. I could get through two charging cycles before a refill was needed, so liquid consumption is very low with this. The two biggest gripes I have with the device is the lack of flavor and lack of decent battery indication. During normal use, I could hardly tell if the LEDs flashed differently, and it ended up going from smooth sailing to needing a charger. One nice thing I found is the battery charged in short time, so it wasn’t down for the count too long.

Based on the couple weeks that I used this on and off, I can’t honestly recommend this device considering there are so many other pods out there that I would prefer that are also cheaper. At $35-40 online, this one is priced above its value. Maybe when it is released to more sites the price will come down, but for now it is not worth it. But hey…if you are into aliens, and want a device that will curb nicotine cravings, this might be for you.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Nope, I would let the evidence of this invasion burn.

PROS

• Compact and pocket friendly
  • Great magnets on the pods
  • Feels well built w/ a good finish
  • Battery lasted all day

CONS

• Flavor is meh
  • Overpriced
  • Gurgles when it sits for a day
  • LEDs are hard to see when vaping, so battery indication with these is kind of pointless

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vaptio for sending it my way for review. This isn’t on too many sites just yet, but it looks like the price will be around $35-45 for the most part.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors