Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The DV by Innokin

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the DV pod system by Innokin. The DV is one of Innokin’s latest pod systems to hit the market. This system features a 500mah battery, 2.5ml refillable pods, is auto-draw or button fired, and also has wattage adjustment from 12-15 watts. Right out of the box, I loved the look of this device. It is compact but has some nice touches that set it apart from a very congested pod system market. Let’s dive down and see if this one not only looks the part, but truly does stand out.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Innokin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 - DV 500-mah battery
  • 2 – 2.5ml pods
  • 1 – USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Silver, and White.

STOCK SHOT
pH0xO44.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
0AH78Dv.jpg

OUT OF BOX
LFqBy6c.jpg

OPERATION

The DV has a few more bells and whistles than your every day pod system. In typical Innokin fashion, clicking the fire button 3 times will power the device on and off. It also has wattage adjustment, which is done by holding down the blue button and cycling through the power options (12,13,14,15). The fire button has LED illumination for battery and fault indications.

Green - >50%

Orange - <50%

Red – Time to charge

It will also show fault indications with this LED, but they were not shown anywhere in the manual. For example, when I had liquid build up at the base of the pod, it flashed green a few times and powered down. This indicated no pod detected.

FIRING/VAPING

Vaping the DV can be done two ways. It fires with the fire button or inhale activated. I like this feature as it works for both types of vapors. The auto-fire has a good range of sensitivity and I never had moments where it would not work.

POD REFILLING

Filling the pods was a bit of a fail from Innokin on this one. The EQ has a slick swivel base that was mess free and easy, but they ended up going with a rubber plug on the DV. It would be been a huge advantage to use a swivel system again, but oh well. The pods are a bit on the dark side so seeing the liquid level can be a bit of a challenge in darker rooms but is just fine in daylight or well-lit areas.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

BPCOZKs.jpg

de9U9xj.jpg

lb5iKl8.jpg

bN1Bzx2.jpg

qW8QL6k.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Basically, this device has all of the features that we would want to see in a pod system. Decent battery indication, selectable wattage, 2.5ml, and feels like it is built well. The flavor from the pods is top notch and is right up there with some of my favorite systems of last year. I never had an issue with flavor here. It provides a looser MTL draw, but it fit right in there where I like it. While the shape isn’t as pocket friendly as some other pod systems, the shape is comfortable to use, and it has a great feel to it. I liked having the ability to change the wattage of the device to dial in just the vape I wanted, so that’s a big pro. The battery indication also works well, as the three stages of LED color gave me a bit of a heads up as to where it was at rather than other systems that show GOOD, or DEAD. However, even with how good this thing is, I found a few cons. The first one is the refill method. The rubber plug system is dated compared to better systems. Even Innokin previously made a better option with the swivel action of the EQ. I felt this should have been brought over to this. Another con was leaking. I had some leakage at the base of the pods, causing liquid to pool up inside the contact area and it required some cleanup every once and a while. A really nitpicky con is with the fire button. It moves around and just feels sloppy overall. It gives it a cheap feel in an otherwise solid device. The last con is pod life. I ran two different pods, with two different liquids and both of them started to taste burnt around 4 or 5 refills. The pods also tended to flood a bit more at this point. For my use, this wasn’t a big deal as pod systems are strictly backup or our and about devices, but for someone that uses this as a primary device, this pod life is nothing amazing. However, even with these couple of cons, I found myself grabbing this thing a ton. I love the feel, the look, the draw, and the flavor that this provides. I rank this up there with some of my favorite pod systems of last year, and I tried a ton of them last year.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? I still will say NO, as I can live without pod systems.

PROS

• Good Flavor
  • Solid feeling in hand (love the soft texture on back too)
  • Auto draw or button fired
  • Adjustable wattage

CONS

• Pods get leaky at the base
  • Pod life isn’t the best out there
  • Odd shape isn’t as pocket friendly
  • Fire button is sloppy

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Innokin for sending it my way for review. I am seeing this online for roughly $22-25, which is a steal for a device that comes with two pods.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors