Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod Kit Review - The Pasito by Smoant

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Smoant Pasito. This device is the latest AIO/Pod System to come from Smoant. Many have been looking forward to this, as Smoant has been known to release quite a few fan favorites amongst the vaping community (looking at you Battlestar and Battlestar squonk). One of the standouts that keeps getting talked about is the RBA section, which brings this pod system up to a different level and puts it into the category of pod system to advanced users. This RBA is not included in standard packaging, but the option is there. Let’s dive right in, go over the details, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Smoant for review.

WHAT YOU GET
  • 1 Smoant 1100mah device
  • 1 3ml pod
  • 1 .6-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 1.4-ohm ni80 coil
  • 1 Type C cable
  • Paperwork
  • - RBA is available for this device. It is not included with the packaging, so it must be purchased separately.

Available in 4 colors (so far). These include Blue, Red, Black, and Silver. Each of which have colorful patterns on the sides. These are stickers, and are not unique, however, they are coated to help prevent fingerprints.

STOCK SHOT
P6fMHIZ.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
DvldEcy.jpg

OUT OF BOX
KxenGqN.jpg

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

I just wanted to touch base on all the extra features in this device.

• 1100mah battery
  • Adjustable power output from 10 to 25 watts
  • Multi-level battery indication
  • 3ml pods
  • Adjustable airflow

OPERATION

The Smoant Pasito doesn’t require a degree to operate. It is very straight forward and simple. The side of the device features a fire button and an output adjustment button. One of the larger sides also features 5 LEDs, which are used to indicate the output setting as well as the battery level. To turn the device on and off, press the fire button 5 times. To cycle through power output settings, press the adjustment button and cycle away. Very simple indeed.

Battery indications

• LED1 – 20%
  • LED2 – 40%
  • LED3 – 60%
  • LED4 – 80%
  • LED5 – 100%
Output settings follow suit

• LED1 – 10w
  • LED2 – 13w
  • LED3 – 16w
  • LED4 – 20w
  • LED5 – 25w

I love how they did this. I love seeing multi-level power and a battery indicator that is actually functional. I hate using pod systems which go from good to dead in minutes, and this provides plenty of feedback to gauge how much time is left. The 1100mah battery also keeps up for a long time, and I never had scenarios where this wasn’t going to get me through the day, even when running at 25w.

PODS/COILS/RBA

Many pod systems these days are not really pod systems. This one fits into the category of AIO more than pod system. I think of pod systems as the pod gets tossed when it is bad, where with this, and many others, you are able to change a coil and keep on ticking, hence AIO. Anyways….. the pod, or tank section of the Pasito holds 3ml of e-liquid. It is refilled via the top by unscrewing the drip tip section and refilling around the coil. I never had any issues filling with dripper bottles or plastic tipped bottles. It was fairly mess free, but there were times where some seeping happened right around the bas of the drip tip area. Air flow is adjustable on this system, thanks to a sliding mechanism on the top of the pod. Air flow enters a channel here and goes to the bottom of the coil for a top to bottom air flow design. This makes this damn near leak proof, but there’s a chance that it could flood out the air flow if there is a bad coil, or you accidentally fill it through the center of the coil.

I will start out by saying the majority of my testing was done with the .6-ohm mesh coil. I pushed it and pushed it to see how long it would last, tried the 1.4-ohm just to see what it was like, and also built the RBA to see how it performed as well. These coils are screwed into a gold-plated base and then pressed into the bottom of the pod and held in place by O-rings.

.6-ohm mesh – I found this to be an excellent restricted lung coil. The flavor is top notch, and it works great with this device. I rocked it at 25w and air flow wide open. Coil life proves to be good, as I kind of lost count on refills after 6, but it is still doing just fine.

1.4-ohm ni80 – I barely used this coil to be honest. The draw is tighter than the mesh, and I found the MTL draw to be quite nice when closed down and running at 16w. Flavor isn’t as good as mesh in my opinion, but it does provide a tighter draw for someone searching for that. I can’t talk about coil life here, as I only ran a couple of refills through it.

RBA section – This is a neat little addition to this device. I will start out by saying this RBA is not for a beginner. I was able to build and wick without a ton of trouble, but I have also built a ton of rdas and rtas over the years. This RBA is a two-post design, which has post openings large enough for 24g round or small Claptons. I elected to go with a traditional coil, made of 26g SS316, 2.5mm, and 6 wraps. The configuration of the posts means you have to bend a leg back towards the coil and insert into the post hole. This is my far the worst part of the deck. I found wicking to be easy, as long as I snipped the cotton to halfway down the wicking channel, thin the wicking out a bit, and then wet the wicks and fold over. Wetting them lets them lay right where they need to be. I re-wicked mine 3 times and it kept up every time, even when running at 25w. Ok…. enough about the build, how does the RBA vape? Flavor on mine is quite good, but the coil life isn’t as good as the included coils. I found myself re-wicking after 9 mls or so. Not a big deal, as I burned off the crusty residue of sweetener, and then re-wicked. Side note about the RBA is that it comes with a 510 adapter so it can be built and dry burned on a standard device.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

V20Ty9i.jpg

N0fr2oX.jpg

4PpIc3O.jpg

fm0hoc4.jpg

0uwDM44.jpg

rwM9FMx.jpg

umS06pH.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

I kind of covered this above, but this is my final verdict. Each coil, including the RBA offer a different vape experience. There is a wide range of flavor, vapor, and air flow depending on which one you prefer. I liked the .6-ohm mesh the best, as the flavor and vapor were great from a pod system. The MTL coil is good as well, but not as good as the .6 in my opinion. Having that RBA is a great option for the tinkerers and money conscious out there, as one could rock the RBA and invest the cost of a pack of coils into building supplies and use this for a long, long time. The device overall has proven to work damn near flawlessly. I love the power adjustment and the battery indication. These are big advancements in a small system to me. Other good points are the overall feel of the device and how it looks. It isn’t as small as some other pod-based systems of this shape, but it isn’t massive either. There is very little that I had to gripe about this device. If I were to nitpick, it would be that the fire button is a bit sloppy. It moves around in the body quite a bit, but it isn’t noticeable during normal use. Another con is the refill method, as I did get some seeping here and there around the drip tip area. The last con I can think of is the drip tip, and the fact that it is a proprietary sleeve basically. However, the tip matches the device, and it comfortable, so I can’t bitch too much about it. Let’s get right to what I REALLY think of this. It’s awesome. There are many more pros than cons and I find myself wanting to grab this over every other pod system I have right now. This is the 3rd device I have tested out which has a similar body style, and it takes cake for me. This is easily in the top 5 of ALL pod systems I have tried as well.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Currently, this one is my favorite of all the pod kits I have. I don’t often rush out for pod systems, but I would miss this one if it was gone.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Good coil life
  • 3ml capacity is better than 2 which we keep seeing
  • Adjustable power output
  • Multi-stage battery indication
  • Pods held securely via magnets (didn’t mention that above)
  • Looks and feels great
  • Not prone to leaking
  • RBA section is a great option if you are patient enough to build it

CONS

• Fire button wobbles a bit
  • Refill method isn’t my favorite design
  • Proprietary drip tip
  • All devices of a given color are the same, with the door panels being a stick. No uniqueness like we see in resin.

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Smoant for sending this out for review. I am seeing this online for $25-35.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors