Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod Kit Review - The D-Salt by Dovpo

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the D-salt pod system by Dovpo. This is the latest pod system from Dovpo, and if my memory serves me right, might be their first one. This device features a whopping 1500mah battery, 2ml pods, is draw-activated, and comes in a rather large cylindrical shape. It has multi-stage battery indication and puts out between 3-4.2v depending on battery level. Not much else for features, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Dovpo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Dovpo D-salt 1500mah device
  • 1 2ml pod
  • 1 Micro USB cable
  • Paperwork
  • Measurements – 118m x 22.2mm – cylindrical shape

Available in red, rainbow, gunmetal, blue, and black.

STOCK SHOT
PRsZFze.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
CRvVljr.jpg

OPERATION

The Dovpo D-salt is a simple pod system. It has no buttons and has no adjustments. Simply charge it, fill it, vape it. First step would be to charge the battery, which is indicated by an LED indicator next to the micro USB port. This LED will light up and blink in the range it is charged to. When fully charged, it will be fully lit green. Battery level is indicated as follows:

• Green - >3.95v
  • Blue – 3.65-3.95v
  • Red - <3.65v

I found that the vape does begin to taper down as the battery drains. It isn’t a massive change in the vape, but it is physically felt and tasted. Once this gets to red, there is not a lot of time left. I found that it gave me a solid 20 puffs or so before it flashed 10 times and would not function any further. With a battery size of 1500mah, this thing lets you get a lot of puffs in before it gets to this point. I want to say I got through 2 full pods before it was low, and also found that 1 2ml pod was about my usage for a full workday.

PODS

The pods of the D-salt are rather interesting. The top cap of the device threads off, and the pods rest within. They are refilled via a fill plug on the top. They feature a small, kidney shaped fill port. I found this to be functional for many small tipped bottles, but if I got a bit shaky and went across the top, it made a mess. I found that it was suitable, as long as I kept the tip to one side of the fill port. I wish it was a little larger. As I mentioned above, the 2ml size lasted me through a full day of work, so I didn’t have to even bring a bottle with me on the go, which was nice. Liquid level can be seen through the side of the device, but it is a little deceiving. If you look into the coil portion of the pod, the wicking channel is set kind of high on the pod, meaning that there is a chance of a dry hit if it gets below this level. Typical rocking of the device during use will keep it wicking when low, but it can get dry if chain vaping. I never had issues with wicking when it was above this line.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

AOjercU.jpg

EphLO6t.jpg

8okIYnJ.jpg

dcqyDud.jpg

NOiW1zd.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

I will get into how it vapes in a minute, but I want to touch on the device as a whole first. Out of the gate, my first impression was that it was on the large side. It is a win/lose situation when it comes to this device. On the bright side, you will get a lot of battery life with this, but the downside is the size. It reminds me of a cigar or something like that and I found myself holding it like I had a Cuban or something, odd enough. Once I started to use it, I found the LED was down at the base, and since it is only lit up when vaping, I was going cross-eyed looking down my nose to see where the battery life was at. The last nitpicky thing I found during use was that the tip is made of metal. Not a fan, as this will be super cold in my state of North Dakota this coming winter, and if I were to get knocked while vaping, some serious tooth chipping could ensue. But, now on to what really matters, and that’s how it vapes. What I found was vaping it is SUPER enjoyable. It is easily the most flavorful vape I have ever had from a pod system. I can’t compare to the internet’s pride and joy, the Caliburn, but as far as any of the pod systems I have tested for review, this is at the very top for flavor. This flavor is sustained for an acceptable amount of time in my opinion, with the coil life in the 20-25ml mark before it started to taste burnt and wasn’t keeping up with wicking. The liquids I tested were both 25mg nic salts, and these are a little on the potent side with this but were still enjoyable. The draw-activated mechanism worked flawlessly as well, allowing me to take proper MTL draws without having to suck on it extremely hard. Speaking of MTL, the draw on this is non-adjustable it is a middle of the road MTL. Not too loose, not too snug. I am struggling to find another pod that compares directly in air flow but will keep you all posted if I find something similar. Overall, there isn’t a lot that I can say bad about it that isn’t cancelled out by how good it vapes. The cons I will admit are the size, odd LED location, metal drip tip, and I even found that the finish on mine got some minor scuffs that I have no recollection of occurring. All of these things were not even a thought, as I enjoyed the vape so much. If you don’t mind the size or the little quirks about it, this is definitely something I will stand behind and say that you will enjoy the experience.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? For now, this is the reigning champ of pod systems I reviewed for flavor. I am going to keep on using the heck out of it and is something I will make sure to buy more pods for and keep using. I often let my pods sit once the coils or pods are burned out, but not this one. I will consider getting another if she melts in the oven.

PROS

• Top-notch flavor
  • Solid draw-activated switch
  • Excellent battery life
  • Good pod life
  • 510 drip tip compatible
  • 3-stage battery indication (but kind of wish it was 4 with a battery this large)

CONS

• Metal drip tip
  • LED is hard to see when vaping (especially outside)
  • Refilling can get a little messy
  • Liquid level is deceiving, as the wicking doesn’t go all the way to the bottom
  • Finish might be questionable with a lot of use
  • Large size

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Dovpo for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these selling online for about $30 for the kit and $5 per pod.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors