Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Sky Solo Plus by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be going over the Sky Solo Plus by Vaporesso. This device features a built-in 3000mah battery, an 8.5ml non-removeable tank, .18-ohm mesh coils, and led battery indication. Not much to really go over here, so let’s just get right to it.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• Vaporesso Sky Solo mod w/ built in 3000mah battery
  • 8.5ml bubble tank
  • 2 GT-Mesh .18-ohm coils
  • Spare O-rings (in different colors)
  • USB Cable

- Available in black, rainbow, silver, and blue.

STOCK SHOT
FyuRhYi.jpg

PACKAGING (cheap sample packaging)
RZnNhsZ.jpg

UNBOXED
RzmV4F7.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW AND OPERATION

There won’t be a ton to over here. I didn’t have a manual, so I might not nail in information 100%, but with as simple as this is, I should be close. To start out, this is a stick style device, which features a built in 3000mah battery. It turns on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button and does a flashy light show each time. This has a VERY bright LED which surrounds the fire button. It is one of the best features of the device to be honest, because it offers a nice, clear view of battery level along with fault indications. Since I didn’t receive a manual with my tester the battery levels are a guess, but it should be something like the following:

GREEN – 60-100%

BLUE – 30-60%

RED – 0-30%

Unlike some other devices, I was able to actually vape this when it got to red and it didn’t have to go straight to the charger. I counted it out and I was able to take 41 puffs before the led shut off and the mod was dead. Another feature of this kit is that it comes with a built-in tank. The base of the tank is permanently attached to the battery so you can’t use this tank with another mod or use a different tank on this mod. The tank on my kit (solo plus) has 8.5ml bubble glass and is refilled with a plastic removable top. The drip tip is molded into the plastic (maybe Delrin), so it cannot be changed either. The single refill slot is a decent size, so I never battled refilled this tank at all.

HOW IT VAPES

Ok, so we know the ins and outs of the mod, so let’s get right to it and see how it vapes. I have very few complaints with the actual operation and use of the mod. The battery indication works well, and it had enough power to get me through a work day without a recharge. I also didn’t have to refill during that day thanks to the 8.5ml capacity. The flavor I get from the built-in tank with the GT Mesh coils is middle of the road for sub-ohm tanks to me. The air flow is about perfect for the way I vape, so I don’t have many gripes with the non-adjustable airflow. However, that might not be right for everyone. I felt like the coil life from these coils is lower than others I have tried recently but is on par with other small mesh coils I have tested. It started to leak when I hit 25ml and started to produce less vapor and flavor around that point as well. The liquid I used for testing is rather sweet, so the potential for better coil life is out there with a less sweet liquid. The combination of this battery and the built-in tank work well together though, and everything feels great in hand.

PHOTO GALLERY

OZh9jhK.jpg

nTsv12s.jpg

VdlydZb.jpg

v0ViMcn.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Like I said above, the vape that I get from this device is pretty good. I have been testing a ton of stick style devices lately, so I have had several to compare to. The Sky Solo Plus has quite a few things that Vaporesso did right, but they also did some questionable things as well. Let’s hit what I like first. The first pro to me is the LED. They didn’t skimp out here and went with a very bright LED to surround the fire button. It was easy to see the color as I vaped and was always visible, even in bright, sunny, snowy days here in ND. I also like how they did a multi-step battery indication with the LEDs. I always knew roughly where the battery level was, which is a must have for built-in battery mods in my opinion. Another pro is the capacity. At 8.5ml, I had no issues going all day without a refill. I normally go through about 8mls at work, and it was nice to grab this and not refill halfway through the day. The fire button is easy to find when you grab it, thanks to a nice textured feel, so I never fumbled around looking for the button, even in the dark. So now that we got those couple of pros out of the way, let’s hit some cons. The first con to me is that the tank is built-in to the mod. It makes it harder to clean when liquid and condensation gets down in the air flow, and you definitely have to avoid the use of water when cleaning it as well. Another con is the non-adjustable airflow. This air flow was just right for me, but it may not be right for everyone, so that has the potential to be a big con for many. Still going with cost here, but the top of the tank is a type of plastic or Delrin which is removed for refilling and also has a built-in drip tip. This becomes three cons for me. One, it seems cheap. Two, the threading could go bad and then this tank is trash and the whole kit then becomes trash. Three, I like to be able to use my own drip tips and can’t with the built-in one here. So, as you can see, I picked out quite a few cons on this one. Many of these are nitpicky and not deal breakers at all, but with so many stick style devices out there, it is hard for me to recommend this one.

OVEN TEST: If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Nope, not on this one.

PROS

• Well-built device
  • Bright LED indication for faults and battery indication
  • Multi-stage battery indication
  • Decent flavor
  • Baby beast coil compatible, so coils are available almost everywhere

CONS

• Tank is built in to the mod which has a few cons below
    • The tank base is harder to clean
    • The tank can’t be used on something else
    • Other tanks can’t be used on this
  • Drip tip is part of the tank top cap
  • Tank top cap is Delrin/plastic and could strip out over time

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vaporesso for sending this my way for review. The Sky Solo Plus appears to be mostly on pre-order right now, but it appears to be selling for about $30-40.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors