Become a Patron!

PIZZA DAVE DELIVERS - A KIT REVIEW - THE NABOO BY SMOANT

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Naboo kit by Smoant. The Naboo is the latest device from Smoant, and while me-sa doesn’t like the name, it is a killer device. This is a dual 18650 powered device with a max output of 225w, comes with a large 2,4” display, touch sensor adjustment buttons, oh….and it VIBRATES! Let’s dive down, look at how it works, and as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Smoant for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Smoant Naboo 225W Mod
  • 1 Naboo Sub-ohm tank
  • 1 4.0mL Bubble Glass
  • 1 2.0mL Straight glass
  • 2 .18-ohm mesh coils
  • (retail shows .17-ohm coils as well, but my sample just had .18 coils)
  • 1 Micro USB cord
  • 2 Manuals
  • Other misc. paperwork

PACKAGING
rPMnf3r.jpg

OUT OF BOX
clJjVEY.jpg

STOCK SHOT
8DdDaJ8.jpg

FEATURES

The Smoant Naboo has quite a bit jammed into it. The most obvious standout is the 2.4” color screen. It provides a colorful, vibrant display that has 3 different user interfaces (more on that below). It is powered by 2-18650 batteries and has a maximum wattage of 225w. Beyond straight wattage mode, it also has temp control, and a curves mode. Much of this device is reminiscent of the Smoant Cylon, but in a different body. The displays feel similar, and everything is accessed the same way. The menus and operation are simple, but I will hit that next.

OPERATION

Like most devices, this starts with popping the batteries in. The back door is held on by magnets and opens wide for easy installation. Markings in the tray are also very legible. Once the batteries are popped in, the usual 5 clicks on, and 5 clicks off powers up and down the device. Once you are up and running you will notice there are no adjustment buttons. These are under the display and are illuminated. To activate them, you need to hit the small button under the fire button. It will vibrate, illuminate the buttons, and be unlocked and ready for adjustment. They do vibrate every time they are hit, and if this annoys you, this can be shut off in the settings menu. Speaking of menus, to access this you will hit the fire button 3 times. It opens a very clear, basic menu, that is easy to navigate and adjust. I am not even going to dive deep into these menus as they are super self-explanatory, and you don’t need a tutorial from me.

VW MODE

TC MODE

SETTINGS

WALLPAPER

The display has three different user interfaces which I could talk about a bit.

DIAL MODE

Dial mode is just as it sounds. It resembles a car like gauge, with wattage markings around the outside and displays the wattage clearly right in the middle along with battery level, resistance, output voltage, puff time, clock, and fire mode. It has a needle gauge which ramps up as you fire it. Oh, and there are gears turning in the lower right corner in this mode.

CLASSIC MODE

This mode shows all the other tidbits of information as the dial mode, except it is on the top and bottom of the display and puts more of an emphasis on a background. It comes with several preset displays, but you can connect it to your computer and download your own as well via the Smoant software.

MUSIC MODE

This one through me off a bit. During initial photos, I had assumed that this mod was another music playing mod like the Wismec Active. That is not the case. This is for display only and it reacts to music being played in a typical sound bar fashion. It too shows information you all the information you need to know, but with a musical touch. It is colorful, bright, and sure turns heads.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

ERqmSCw.jpg

cBsuaVd.jpg

6dWF4Yv.jpg

B4reZyg.jpg

FAbgDtB.jpg

Tm1nLpN.jpg

SYPyTTC.jpg

J99bpr4.jpg

w93CFbK.jpg

tfteThH.jpg

ZFhj7Fn.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

The bread and butter of any vape review is this section. Based on my experience I can’t really see much where it faulters in performance. I used this primarily with the included tank, and it ramps up very fast. I did some higher wattage testing, but never went over 120 as that’s just not my style. It had no problems performing in wattage mode, and the curves work great for dialing in a ramp up for beefier coils that need an extra bump right away. The feel of the mod in hand is excellent. The rounded edges are comfortable, and it feels well built and solid. I know the feel of it doesn’t affect the vape, but it gives me more confidence in a mod when it feels good and solid in hand. I did not test this much at all in temp control. I don’t have the equipment to “prove” the temp control is working. I did rip on it a bit in temp control and it seems like it works as it should. I strongly suggest some video reviewers that cover it a bit more, or if Anthony_Vapes reviews this, he should be able to give it a more confident yes or no. Overall, I enjoy how this vapes the way I like it to. Since this did come with a tank, let’s hit that now.

NABOO SUB-OHM TANK REVIEW

The tank that comes with the Naboo is another entry into the mesh coil world. Mine came with .18-ohm coils only, so that is all I must go off of. First off, I love how this tank looks. The finish, the color, the drip tip. Everything looks just great. The tank fills via a twist off top which has larger threads, so it takes just a couple of quick twists and it is open. It has nice large kidney holes for mess free refills. At the heart of this tank is a very large mesh coil loaded up with lots of cotton. This thing produces a lot of thick vapor. It was one of the first things I noticed about it. Usually with thick, dense clouds comes great flavor, and that is the case here. The flavor that I get from this tank is top notch. It has quite a bit of air flow, so I normally choked it down to about ½ or ¾ open. This has some of the smoothest air flow that I have seen on tank in a while. It is a bit noisy, but it feels smooth even when choked down a bit. I usually ran mine close to 65-70w and it seemed to work well at that wattage for me. During my testing, I was running some rather sweet liquid, which was bound to be hard on the coils. Once I hit about 6 refills, I started to get a light taste of a charred coil when vaping it heavily. Flavor at that point started to degrade, but I ran it to about 40mls before I couldn’t stand the coil anymore. In my experience, this is about the same as I see on most mesh coils today. That’s all I get out of them anyway. I took the spare coil to a local shop to see what coils might fit as a replacement, but I could not find a different brand here that works. If anybody knows, please comment below and let us all know! Overall, this tank goes with the Naboo mod perfect and it makes it a solid kit as a whole.

PROS

• Great flavor
  • Great clouds
  • Matches mod well
  • Mesh coil life > round wire
  • Resin tips look great
  • Smooth air flow

CONS

• Sucks juice down fast like most mesh
  • Coils take about a full tank to be broken in

CONTINUED BELOW..............................

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so you heard about the mod, you heard about the tank, now my final thoughts. Overall, this is one of the most complete kits I have seen in a while. The mod performs great and is packed full of features to keep it fresh and new for a long time to come. The included tank performs great and provides some excellent flavor and about zero ramp time when on top of this mod. Cons about the device are very minimal. The whole thing is a fingerprint magnet. The glossy finish feels great in hand, but always looks a bit dirty. The finish on the top portion of mine was factory flawed out of the gate, so I must point that out. Hopefully retail models have better QC. Battery life thanks to the large screen seems to be inhibited a bit, but it isn’t much worse than other 2 battery mods I am using. Pros for the mod are much easier to find. The screen is awesome. The different user interfaces allow you to keep it fresh and the ability to customize is always a pro. The hidden buttons are a pro for me, cuz….they are just cool. I even like the vibrate function as it feels like a smart phone and who isn’t used to that? The menu system is easy to setup and navigate, and it makes it great for all levels of vapors. It feels well built, it performs great, and I think it is one of the best-looking devices to come from China this year.

THE OVEN TEST

If this device went into the oven, would I go out and get another one? Definitely

PROS

• Gorgeous design
  • Easy to use
  • Fast ramp up
  • Nice battery door
  • Zero rattles
  • Hidden touch function adjustment buttons
  • Customizable huge display

CONS

• Fingerprint magnet
  • Small factory paint flaws (probably will be better with retail version)
  • The name is lame (subjective, Star Wars fan con)

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Smoant for sending it my way for review! If you are interested in picking up this excellent mod for yourself, the google machine is showing it for about $70.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors