Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Luxe by Vaporesso

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Luxe kit by Vaporesso. The Luxe is on of the latest devices released by Vaporesso. With this release you will get the Luxe, a 220w mod, which is powered by dual 18650 batteries. It is rocking the Omniboard 4.0 chipset, and like many recent Vaporesso products, it has a slim, solid main body. An additional feature this one has is three touch sensitive buttons on the front for menu and adjustments. To make this kit complete, Vaporesso includes the SKRR mesh sub-ohm tank. I have had a couple of Vaporesso products in the past. More often than not, they have proven to hold up really well, and provide a high-quality product at a competitive price point. Let’s dive down and see if Vaporesso can repeat some recent success with this one, shall we?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Vaporesso for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 LUXE 220w Mod
  • 1 SKRR sub-ohm tank w/ 8ml bubble glass
  • 1 .18-ohm QF Mesh coil
  • 1 .18-ohm QF Strip coil
  • 1 Silicone case (this is basically a wrap that goes on the bubble portion of the tank)
  • 1 Micro USB cable
  • 1 Spare Straight glass (assuming 4ml ish?)
  • 1 Pack of spare O-rings
  • 1 User manual
  • 1 Warranty card

Available in several wild patterns including Green Ape (my tester model), Black, Silver, Red, Rainbow, Iris, and Bronze. Each has a unique battery door that stands out in a big way.

PACKAGING
3w6adHX.jpg

OUT OF BOX
rLxtqhG.jpg

STOCK SHOT
vnilGU0.jpg

FEATURES

As I said above, this is a 220w device. It is powered up by dual 18650 batteries that are installed via a magnetic battery door. The back door on mine fits nice and snug and has almost no play. Probably the biggest feature this has is the use of the Omniboard 4.0 coupled with some neat touch buttons on the front. This board will do pretty much everything you want and is very intuitive and easy to learn. Beyond these features you will also find a centered 510 pin which can house atomizers up to 25mm without looking wonky. This has a side fire button which I commonly used my thumb on…. because I am right handed and don’t like to block my screen. So yeah. It is fairly basic but is has quite a few nice features to make it a sweet little mod.

OPERATION

The operation of the Luxe, like I said above is very intuitive. After just a few minutes of playing around with it, everything felt natural and I didn’t feel like I was fumbling around the mod much at all. This thing fires up with the typical 5 clicks of the fire button and powers down in this same manner. This device has a locking system which will lock out the front buttons every time you hit the fire button. I love how they did it, as it could be easy to make unwanted adjustments. To access everything, hit the fire button 3 times to unlock. From there you can hit the menu button three times, or simply long press it. This will also unlock the adjustment buttons for you to scroll up and down like you normally would. Pressing any of these buttons creates a haptic (vibrating) feedback which you can turn off if it isn’t your jam. Ok…. So now that you can get into the menu, let’s break down what you can see once you are in.

SIDE NOTE: I am told review models are bare bones. This really pisses me off. If this is the truth, then I can’t give a REAL review of the finished product and will miss some details. I can only review what I get to handle, so here we go.

Ok main menu. You will see, starting at the top left the following items.

• VW N – This is normal vaping mode. Once selected, hold down the up and down buttons together to switch from soft, normal, and hard.
  • SP – Super player mode. Not sure why this is even an actual mode? It makes it sound like it basically expands the allowable resistance to a range of .03-5 ohms. It doesn’t seem to vape any different in this vs. the standard VW N mode.
  • VT SS – Temp Control for stainless steel. Once selected, hold down the up and down buttons together to enter a different menu. This allows you to select SS, Ti, Ni, Memory 1, Memory 2, adjust the tcr, and adjust the preheat wattage. It is laid out very nice in this menu.
  • VV – Variable Voltage output mode
  • CCW – Wattage curves mode. Once selected, hold down the up and down buttons to enter the curves adjustment screen. It allows you to adjust wattage in .5s increments.
  • BP – Bypass mode. This outputs the voltage of the batteries at a constant voltage. It isn’t a true bypass that puts the batteries in series or parallel from what I can tell. Mine always showed 4.0V with full batteries unless they are depleted a ways.
  • DIY – This is a submenu which allows you to set up each mode rather than selecting each mode and then making the changes by pressing the up and down buttons together.
  • Set – General settings menu where you can tweak the following
  • Default – reset device back to default
  • Time Set – set time and date
  • Screen Brightness – adjust screen brightness
  • Puff – view puff counter, vape time, and reset all
  • Smart On/Off – The book says that this mode basically acts like a temp control in a way. It controls how hard it fires based on the resistance it reads from the coils. I never felt a difference physically when in this mode.
  • Auto On/Off – The book says that this is a mode which makes it fire normal and hard automatically.
  • Screen Timeout
  • Key light – Adjust how bright you want the touch button backlight to be
  • Vibrate – Adjust how powerful the vibration is
  • Version – vie the hardware and firmware of the device

I know it is a lot to take in, but after a short amount of time it becomes easy to figure out. The screen is big and bright which makes viewing everything very easy.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

LmqCVTq.jpg

iLK84sI.jpg

PpboXWK.jpg

t9m1V0J.jpg

ySapZWb.jpg

97Io4zs.jpg

Xwr9HqX.jpg

Hz0GKsY.jpg

hhyvcyn.jpg

9G9c29p.jpg

l70j1zY.jpg

uRkrHyD.jpg

J1GigFe.jpg

XXk4PVq.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

I vaped this as a wattage only device during my review period. It performed as good as any other wattage device I have tested. It fires very fast and has no issues with power what so every. The buttons feel great and it feels great in hand. It has some heft to it, which gives it a feeling of a solidly built device. I didn’t test this much in temp control because I just don’t do temp control very often. From reading other people’s thoughts on this board and experience with previous Omniboards, I will assume this will function in temp control mode as intended. I used a handful of rtas on this but stuck with the SKRR tank quite a bit because it is a damn good tank. It ranks pretty high amongst mesh coil tanks I have tested this year and makes this kit a great, complete kit with a formidable atomizer. Here is a quick run-down on the SKRR.

CONTINUED.............................................

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SKRR tank which comes in the Luxe kit is not a tiny little thing. It holds a whopping 8ml of liquid thanks to the bubble glass. I don’t have specs on the straight glass, but it looks like it would be 4-5ml based purely on looking at the size. With this tank, you get your choice of a Mesh type coil, and a strip type coil. Both are basically mesh, but in a different way. They both ramp up very fast on this device and produce excellent flavor. It has most of the features we come to expect on tanks now a days but has a few oddities. It has three air flow holes on the bottom, and has a nice, smooth adjustment ring in place that has stops. Nothing crazy there, but how do you fill it? It has a swivel top cap, sounds normal right? Wrong! The drip tip actually inserts into the cap and threads into place. This prevents the top from opening up on accident. It is a nice touch for those who are worried about that happening (and it does). However, I didn’t like that I had to remove this tip to refill every time, so it has a con within the pro. If you don’t like that, 810 tips that have gaskets on them fit in the top as well. Another oddity with this tank is it comes with a silicone sleeve. Mine was a black mesh design, but I have seen some wild designs (the pumpkin for example). This could help protect the bubble glass in the event of a tip over, but I just left it off. Another somewhat innovative idea is with the coils. They are calling it QF technology, which is in place to reduce spit back. Basically, the coils have an insert in the core of them which blocks the vapor from coming straight up. We have seen this on the Valyrian tank, but always thought of it as a bit of a gimmick. Surprisingly enough, it doesn’t add too much extra turbulence that I can tell. So, it has some innovation, but how does it vape? It isn’t at the top of the tanks I have tested this year, but easily is in the top 5 in my opinion. The flavor and vapor production are excellent, and coil life is on par with some of the better mesh tanks out there (40ml minimum before I started to taste a tiny bit of burnt coil). It isn’t terribly noisy, but like most sub ohm tanks is has an audible WHOOSH when you vape it. I won’t let that bring me down, as I am sold on this tank.

TANK PROS

• Good Flavor
  • Good Coil life
  • Lots of capacity
  • Matches my tester mod nicely
  • Locking top cap function (via drip tip)

TANK CONS

• Locking mechanism requires drip tip removal and it’s a pain in the butt extra step in refilling

FINAL THOUGHTS

This is the first Vaporesso device I have had my hands on since the Revenger a long time ago. It did not disappoint. Everything from the packaging to the finished product is done well. I love the looks and feel of the device and its performance is spot on. It feels solidly built and everything from the battery door, fire button, touch buttons, and many system is well planned out. It comes in a wide array of colors to fit everybody’s personality as well, which is always a pro. I wish I had a chance to test a retail version, as it sounds like it offers extra customizability that I would have liked to play with, but oh well. The SKRR tank is a dang good tank so it makes for one nice complete kit right out of the box. I don’t know too many people that would be disappointed in this device, as it surprised me quite a bit. Vaporesso did a great job and I will be happy to use this one well after my review is written.

THE OVEN TEST

If this device went into the oven, would I go out and get another one? Ya know, I think I would, but probably not with the angry monkey on it!

PROS

• Solidly built
  • No rattles
  • Omniboard 4.0 is excellent
  • Lots of color options
  • Ramps up very fast
  • Lots of setup options

CONS

• Fingerprint magnet
  • Screen gets kind of washed out by the front layer (minor con)
  • - I heard the retail version has more customizability. If that is the case, no con. But if not, it sure would be nice to tweak the layout, color, or have some different backgrounds on this pretty screen

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vaporesso for sending it my way for review. I am seeing this one listed for about $75 online for the kit.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors