Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The GEMM by Freemax

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will be going over the new Freemax Gemm kit. This is essentially a standard stick-style device, which features their new Gemm disposable tanks. The device itself has variable wattage (40, 60 80), multiple level battery indication, and comes with a built-in 2900mah battery. I get the vibe that Freemax designed the device to be a cheap introduction to using their Gemm tanks. This is a simple starter kit, so this should be rather quick. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Freemax for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 GEMM 80w, 2900mah device
  • 1 GEMM G1 .15-ohm mesh tank
  • 1 GEMM G2 .20-ohm mesh tank
  • 1 Micro-USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

- Available in black, white, blue, purple, and rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
BEzlqeP.jpg

PACKAGING
8S7HVio.jpg

xMYqcmh.jpg

UNBOXED
NQvV9Sg.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

As mentioned above, the mod itself is a stick-style device we have seen time and time again. It features a built-in 2900mah battery, has three different wattages, and has a 3-stage battery indication. I strongly feel that Freemax put this kit together to promote the disposable GEMM tanks that they have released. This mod matches up perfectly with the power output they require, and it makes for quite an affordable sub-ohm setup.

OPERATION

Being this is a basic stick mod; the operation is kind of second nature now. 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off, 3 clicks of the fire button cycles wattage settings, and there is a led on the fire button for wattage and battery level. It is super easy to just pick up and use.

WATTAGE INDICATION

• RED – 40w
  • YELLOW – 60w
  • GREEN – 80w

BATTERY INDICATION

• RED - 0-30%
  • YELLOW – 30-65%
  • GREEN – 65-100%

Battery indication seems on point. I counted puffs from the time I got to red, and actually hit 50 puffs before it was completely dead. Once you get to this point and need to charge it, you will find the LED is lit up red when charging and will shut off completely when fully charged. I did not time the charging cycle, but found that on average, it took about 1 hour to charge up.

HOW IT VAPES

So, how well does this kit vape? I will be honest and say that I wasn’t expecting much from it out of the box. I felt like the disposable tanks would be a gimmick and they wouldn’t be very good at all. Boy was I wrong. The stick as well as the GEMM tanks perform damn good and provide a super satisfying vape experience. I used the G1, G2, and the G3 tanks for testing and found that the 2900mah battery lasted me all day at the max, 80w, setting. I still ran into the occasionally moments where I hated a built-in battery. These moments came when I wanted to grab the device and go but checked and found the battery was low. If this had external batteries, I could pop one in and go, but it is what it is with a built-in battery device. Overall, I found that it is a solid device with good weight and a nice, clicky fire button that sticks up a little, so I didn’t have to fumble around for it.

GEMM TANK REVIEW

The GEMM tanks are the start of the show when it comes to this kit. I was given the G1, G2, and G3 to test out and found all to be quite good. The G1 has a single, wide-bore mesh coil. As expected, the air flow is a bit more turbulent, but flavor is damn good. I felt like it was the most spitty of the three I tried. The G2 was my favorite, as the dual coils smoothed out the air flow and flavor popped a bit more. The G3 is good, but it didn’t keep up as well with wicking, but flavor was right up there, similar to the G2. Flavor is definitely not an issue with any of them. Side by side with my Horizontech falcon and I couldn’t tell which tank I was vaping on, so there’s that. Something rather cool on these are the fact that they have adjustable air flow. I never thought I would see this on a plastic tank, but here it is. I actually ran most of mine 2/3 open, so I was utilizing this. One of the last pros I will talk about is coil life. Just like Freemax’s other mesh coils, these last quite a while. I was able to get 40-60mls through each tank before they started to taste a little burnt. I never had any leaking of any sort, even when the tanks were at their end. As for cons, there aren’t a lot other than styling and environmental impact which many will bring up. The fill port is a plug like we see on pod systems. This almost always guarantees that you get some liquid on your fingers as you close it up. The design, while the clear one looks kind of cool, isn’t going to be for everyone. Personally, I love the look of metal and metallic finishes, so the styling doesn’t really do it for me. If the tip isn’t your style, you are stuck with it, as it is molded to the tank. One last con could arise with citric liquids. It is common knowledge that these can crack plastic, so I would assume that includes the PCTG that these are made of as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TANK PROS

• Excellent flavor
  • Adjustable airflow on a disposable tank
  • Great for a backup
  • Great for someone wanting to try sub-ohm vaping
  • Several different tank/coil options

TANK CONS

• Plastic waste
  • Refill plug can get a tiny bit messy (but not bad)
  • Drip tip is fixed
  • Could POTENTIALLY be ruined by highly citric liquids (not seen by me)

PHOTO GALLERY

I3ObJwo.jpg

vnp7EUp.jpg

RQ7Hife.jpg

GaopR9d.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so where do I go with this kit? First off, the stick is nothing special, but it does everything I would like it to do. I like the 3-stage wattage adjustment, and I like that it has a 3-stage battery indication. These are two things I believe every stick needs to have. Beyond that, it is a functional 2900mah device that works just fine. Nothing amazing, just fine. The real interesting part of the kit are the disposable GEMM tanks. I found them to vape really great. I found them to work well on this stick, as well as other devices. I found the vape I got is just as good as some of the better mesh tanks on the market. However, I don’t want to stand behind them as someone’s all day vape tank. I think they are awesome for beginners wanting to try a more cloud-chasing type tank. The investment is low, and the buyer isn’t locked into a $30-40 tank. I also can see someone using these as a backup, or for travel. It would be awesome to just toss a 2-pack of these in a travel bag and have a couple of tanks that I wouldn’t worry about breaking, or if they got lost, I wouldn’t be sad. They also serve as a cheap backup, as they cost about the same per tank as a single coil for other tanks. What if someone breaks their glass or can’t get a coil. Toss one of these on to get buy for a week and you are golden! They are highly functional, so that is why I can’t knock them. I wanted to hate them so bad when I got the thing, but the vape is solid, and they just work. I would love to get the conversation rolling on what ya’ll think of disposable tanks hitting the market. There are a lot coming out from everyone. This is my first experience with them, and Freemax nailed it.

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? I will definitely keep a couple around for travelling. If they fall in the pizza oven, so what, they are like $5 apiece. The mod will not be used after the review. Sticks just aren’t my jam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Nice looking stick kit
  • 3-level wattage output
  • 3-stage battery indication
  • Mod and tanks match nicely
  • Overall build quality seems solid
  • 2900mah was enough for a full workday

CONS

• Micro-usb – let’s make the push for USB-C everything
  • Built-in battery, so one must plan ahead and charge up in good time before use

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Freemax for sending this out for review. I am seeing the kit online for about $25 and a two-pack of tanks goes for about $9.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors