Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Disposable Tank Review - The GoMax by Innokin

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the GoMax disposable tank by Innokin. Like many other companies these days, Innokin is diving into the disposable tank market. These colorful tanks feature mesh coils, a 5.5ml bubble design, and have adjustable airflow. It shouldn’t take long to go over everything here, so let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Innokin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Innokin GoMax tank w/ built in .8-ohm 3d mesh
  • Paperwork
  • MEASUREMENTS – 44.5mm tall and is 29mm at the widest point of the bubble
Available in Pink, Blue, Green, and Black.

STOCK SHOT
fwiglIe.jpg

PACKAGING
CpqprLY.jpg

UNBOXED
pG3nyYa.jpg

COIL

This is somewhat of an empty section, as these are an all in one tank. Each GoMax tank features a .8-ohm Plex 3d Matrix coil which is designed to operate at 60-80w. These also utilize a blend of cotton and wood pulp for wicking. I ran mine around 70w and found them to be rated correctly, with 80w being a little to close to the edge of getting dry or burnt. I was able to run about 50mls of liquid through each one of these tanks before they started to get a little burnt on flavor and struggled to keep up with wicking.

REFILL METHOD

One really neat aspect of these tanks is the top sliding fill port. It is snug, and also has a slit on top to help prevent leaking if it were to pop open. Like some other tanks out there, simply stick the bottle tip through this hole and refill. Sometimes it got a little messy as air escaped, but it was never a major issue. I never felt like this would pop open in my pocket at all, as the fitment is great. Also, since the tank is disposable, one only has to worry about sliding this thing 10-15 times for refills before the coil is toast. This reduces the chance of wear making it sloppy, and mine remained solid during the entire life of the coil. One of the only cons I found with this was my own fault. I somewhat pulled that slit portion up on one of my refills, which made the plastic sit off the seal a little. This made the tank lose all vacuum and part of the tank poured out the air flow as it sat. It was an error on my part, which exposed the weaker plastic construction to failure. A metal cap would push that rubber down, but the plastic bowed upward. Just something to keep in mind. This happened just one time in roughly 20 refills or more.

AIR FLOW

The GoMax offers bottom adjustable airflow. One that can hardly be adjusted. It is pretty snug, but worse than that, the bubble shape is aggressive. This bulge on the sides meant that I couldn’t reach my fat fingers in far enough to touch the ring when it was on wider mods. Lucky for me, I liked the draw from this wide open and never had to fiddle with it. I liked the air flow feel as well, with it being less turbulent than I expected. It is in the middle road of smoothness and audible swooshiness.

PHOTO GALLERY

HgbuMqs.jpg

toNzME7.jpg

qK7pV70.jpg

tph60aL.jpg

WY3XJZz.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so how do these disposables vape? Really good to be honest. I put the flavor right up there with the likes of my beloved Falcon tank. Combine that with a comfortable air flow, 5.5ml capacity, and sliding top cap and you get a damn nice little tank. Now for some controversy. I know many vapers out there don’t like the notion of these tanks. They are cheap, they don’t look the best, and they equate to more trash in the landfill (or wherever people toss them). I mentioned some of these cons when I reviewed the Freemax Gem tank as well. I also mentioned some points where these are excellent. Picture this, you broke your glass on your favorite tank. You press the order button and have to wait weeks for it to arrive on a slow boat. In the meantime, you could take one of these out and get by while you wait without having to invest $30-50 in a new tank. These are also great for people that are going to be going somewhere that may be hard on a tank. Break it, and you are out just a few bucks. They are also great for transitional vaping. For example, you are sitting there toodling away on a pod system or MTL tank and wonder what the whole sub-ohm world is like. You can pick one of these up and give it a shot for a low price. If you love it, you can go out and get one of the top tanks on the market. If not….go back to that pod. I also see these being awesome for travelers. Take a couple in the bag, use them on the trip, and toss them before the flight home. They are cheap and they vape really good. I found myself wanting to vape it all the time and am going to use all of the samples up that they sent me, even the pink one. If you can check the boxes of times this sounds convenient, then I think these tanks are worth picking up. I have tried just a couple of these disposables, and this is the best one thus far.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? I will gladly keep some of these on hand for emergencies or traveling.

PROS

• Great Flavor
  • Sliding top fill
  • Adjustable airflow
  • Decent coil life
  • Lots of color options
  • Low cost (but a recurring cost)
  • Convenient

CONS

• Added trash to the landfill (or side of road)
  • Look kind of cheap and toy-like
  • Air flow ring is difficult to adjust with sausage fingers

I got mine to leak due to user error (see the refill section if you skipped to this list)

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Innokin for sending these my way for review. I am seeing them listed for about $4 a piece online.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors