Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Disposable Pod System Review - D1 Pods by Vozoltech

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of Vozol D1 disposable pod systems. These little babies come in a pack of one, in a little sealed pouch, and when the battery dies, they are disposed of. I have seen a few of these around, and even reviewed a few. Essentially, this review will entail my thoughts on how they work, my opinion of their flavors, and where I see these fitting in today’s market. I was sent 6 flavors of these little guys to try, and ran through each of them, killing 3 in the process. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: These were supplied to me by Vozol for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Vozol disposable vaping device
  • Paperwork

Available Flavors:

• American Tobacco
  • Refreshing Mint
  • Iced Mango
  • Green Apple
  • Cool Melon
  • Blueberry Bomb
  • Very Cool
  • Hawaiian Pog

STOCK SHOT
cDU2v4B.jpg

PHOTO GALLERY

UPADXjX.jpg

sWJlQXv.jpg

atysiOU.jpg

st1jPwW.jpg

gAAG3ma.jpg

bKMsi1F.jpg

zc2sInZ.jpg

H1TlEH1.jpg

PRODUCT RUNDOWN / HOW THEY VAPE

The D1 vaping devices are prefilled, disposable vaporizers. I don’t really know if they should be called a pod system, because there really isn’t a pod to be changed or filled, but whatever these can be named, this is what they entail. Each of them is filled with their Vozol’s own blend of 50mg (5%) e-liquid. The pre-charged battery is 240mah, and the coil within is 1.6-ohms. This combines for roughly 250 puffs before the battery is depleted. Vozol also is claiming that these equate to about 20 cigarettes worth of nicotine, which is the same claim which Juul makes in regard to each pod. The D1 has an auto draw firing mechanism, which is held off during shipment by a sticker covering the air intake hole.

That is about it as far as details, now let’s get down to my thoughts on their flavors.

AMERICAN TOBACCO – American tobacco is essentially what it sounds like. This is a very bold tobacco flavor that lacks the sweetness of what I am used to tasting with tobacco flavors. This has an almost smoky flavor and aroma, which even leaves an ashy taste in my mouth. I am not a fan, but maybe that’s because I don’t desire the flavor of real tobacco.

ICED MANGO – This mango is exactly what you might think by the name. It has a sweet, natural mango flavor, with menthol. It is quite cool, but not super overpowering with coolada.

BLUEBERRY BOMB – Designed to have a taste of succulent berries, mixed with menthol and slight tobacco. All I taste on this one is an over-mentholated blend, with a blueberry aftertaste.

COOL MELON – This flavor was one of the better of the bunch. This is a blend of melons with a little bit of menthol. The most overpowering melon in this is honeydew, but it is a good tasting honeydew, which I thought I was burned out on years ago.

GREEN APPLE – This was the first one that I decided to try. I really screwed myself here, because this flavor is fire. I really enjoyed this and vaped ONLY this for two full days of work. It provided me with tons of enjoyment for two couple of days.

MINT – I used to bring a mint Juul with me out and about (before Juul went all anti-vape), and it was a flavor that I really liked. I had hoped this would be similar, but all this equated to be a feeling of breathing in liquid nitrogen. Way too much menthol, leaving this almost flavorless and hard to handle.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I wasn’t sure what to think when I received these “pods”. I had not heard of the company before, so one always wonders what they are using for liquid. I also questioned how well each would work, as I have had my fair share of throw-away pod systems that fail or don’t work well. My first impression when it came to each liquid is that they don’t use a harsh nicotine. These provided a good amount of flavor and vapor with just the right amount of throat hit for me. Also, I found the nicotine level to be quite satisfying and found myself needing just a few puffs of these here and there to tide me over all day. Like I said in the last segment, the green apple was just delicious. I vaped the heck out of that flavor and it was all I took with me to work for two days. By the end of day two, the battery was depleted, and it was time to bin it. Before I disposed of the pod, I took one apart. Some of this was curiosity, but part of it was to see how much liquid was left at this point. There was very little liquid left. That being said, Vozol has a good battery to capacity ratio, squeezing just about the last drop out of the pod before it is dead. I tested all 6 of these pods and for the most part, all of the devices I tried worked well. The auto fire was a bit stiff on the mango pod, but other than that, the others worked perfectly. Other than that, one unit, I found that the air flow was a nice MTL vape, with it being just a little airier than a Juul. The flavor and draw were great, and couple that with the tiny size of these things, I wanted to carry one all the time. Super convenient to toss in a pocket and go, which is something I can find many enjoying. All of the flavor and convenience don’t matter though, if the flavors stink. I found myself 50/50 on the selection. I found that many of them had just a little bit too much menthol for me, but that was only on half of them. The mango, apple, and melon were by far my favorite and they were used up in no time.

So, where do I see these in this vast vape market? I would think people could get a lot of use from something like this in a few situations. For me, camping, fishing, or out to the bar are a few places I can see myself taking one. I wouldn’t be sad if I lost or broke one, making these great for those situations. They are also nice to have around as a backup, just in case you are waiting on coils or liquid. I think they serve a purpose in the right situation, and Vozol did a nice job of making a functional, compact, and flavorful group of devices.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy more? I would like to keep a few around for times where I don’t want to bring something expensive with me (fishing, camping, etc.)

PROS

• Compact
  • Lightweight
  • Decent flavor selection
  • Lasted 2 workdays
  • Nicotine is smooth
  • Good flavor on the ones I liked (3 of the 6)
  • I had no misfires or runaways with the any of them

CONS

• Bit too heavy on menthol with some flavors
  • One of my 6 had a “bad” auto draw switch (I had to suck a little harder to get it to function)
  • Bit pricy ($7-8 each)

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Vozoltech for sending these my way for review. I am seeing these on quite a few sites now for roughly $7-8 per unit.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You're title appears to have an error.

VU Sponsors