Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A 2-4-1 Special - The Sleek and Tyro Nano by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today, I am doing another one of those things where I just jumble a bunch of words together about two different products and slap my magnificent title of A TWO FOR ONE SPECIAL! So that’s right, today, you are getting not one, but two products by Vaptio today. These are the Tyro Nano and the Sleek. One is a starter kit, one is a pod system, but they are both simple enough to pack into one review so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: These were sent to me by Vaptio for review.

____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

TYRO NANO
  • 1 900mah Tyro battery
  • 1 Cosmo 1.6-ohm C-1 Coil
  • 1 Micro-USB cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Rainbow, Gunmetal, and Gold.

STOCK SHOT
w4UnBmv.jpg

PACKAGING
aE1qaAz.jpg

OUT OF BOX
2XFFuNf.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

SLEEK

• 1 400mah sleek device
  • 1 .8-ohm 1.5ml pod
  • 1 Micro-USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Blue, Black, Gold, and Rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
4OzheLF.jpg

PACKAGING
V139sSS.jpg

OUT OF BOX
oYzIXXc.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

With both of these, I can safely say I was into them upon the box opening. The Tyro Nano is a gorgeous little device in the color I received for testing. It looks sophisticated, it has a nice compact size, and it is quite simple. The Sleek was absolutely given a proper name. This is a very sleek little device which looks great and is very pocket friendly.

OPERATION

Both of these are quite simple to use. First off, the Tyro Nano is a button fired device, which is turned on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button. It has no further settings to behold. There is an LED indicator on the button itself to indicate the battery level as follows:

• Solid White LED when good.
  • Flashing LED when it needs to charge – I’ll be honest. I didn’t even use this enough to drain the battery down to see this. Just going off the garbage manual.

The tank on the Tyro is essentially built into the top portion of the device and is filled via a removable top cap. The coils are changed by threading them into the base.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sleek is as simple as it gets, as this is a draw activated device with no buttons at all. It has a removable pod, which is revealed by a secure magnetic battery door on the side. There is an itty bitty led on the device which illuminates when vaping and it too indicates battery levels in the following fashion:

• White LED when all is good
  • Red LED when it needs charging – vapor drops off well before this, so there is an early indication of needing a charge, but I hate when companies continues to give little indication of where the battery is actually at.

The sleek pods are true pods, which are disposed of once the coil within is shot. They are refilled by removed the rubber stop on the end of the pod. The holes are large enough for most drippers and it offers a 2nd hole for air to escape.

PHOTO GALLERY

Yb8aPpe.jpg

Ru6DvOo.jpg

D9WFwLC.jpg

vp2eJ5B.jpg

z7sh98p.jpg

PDSC2oB.jpg

Z9vImaD.jpg

M8gkdE0.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW THEY VAPE AND FINAL THOUGHTS

In all honesty, I nearly held back from writing this review. However, I decided that I must be true to who I am and get the word out there on these, especially when I have seen positive buzz about them here and there. Spoiler alert, not much positive buzz incoming.

---
Tyro nano – The little brother of the Tyro, which I felt was a decent little starter. Flavor is almost non-existent with this device. I found little to no joy during use and struggled to use it enough to even require a charge cycle. It is unfortunate as I love how sleek and gorgeous this little starter is. If the coils were better, I can see this being an excellent starter for many.

---
Sleek – Being sleek is about all this is good for. This shiny little finger magnet looks neat, but it isn’t all that impressive. Flavor is rather low by today’s pod system standards, and the metallic body, which you insert in your mouth during inhale, provides a metallic taste at times. We hit a cold snap here last week, and it also is not comfortable on the lips in this northern climate. I used this for a couple of days and just couldn’t stand it anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah… these are not devices that I could fully support. They are nothing that impresses me, and their flavor is just not good by today’s standards. They have some neat design aspects, and they feel like they are built solidly, but the flavor is just not there. I kept trying to go back to them to make sure it wasn’t me, but they never improved. Unless Vaptio changes up their coil techniques, I would stay away from these.

As you probably noticed in a few places, I didn’t even use the Tyro Nano enough to drain the battery down to low. It does have along battery life, as I did vape an entire tank down and it was still going strong, but it was a struggle getting little to no enjoyment from this. I vaped on the Sleek until it got half-way through the second refill, with the battery requiring a charge at refill time. I REALLY struggled to give these much of a chance, as the vapor and flavor I was getting was so absent that I had to keep going to other devices to meet my desires.

OVEN TEST – If these were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I rush out and get some more? ……. What do you think?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT I LIKE – TYRO NANO

• It is a nice-looking starter kit
  • It is simple to use
  • It has a nice sized battery for good battery life

WHAT I DON’T LIKE – TYRO NANO

• Flavor from these C-1 coils was very low
  • It has no multi-stage battery indication
  • The tank is built into part of the mod, so complete cleaning is a pain

WHAT I LIKE – SLEEK

• Super compact and pocket friendly
  • Auto-draw firing mechanism worked well every time
  • Pods are easy to refill

WHAT I DON’T LIKE – SLEEK

• The metal body offered up a metallic taste at times
  • The flavor is sub-par by today’s pod system standards
  • It is a fingerprint magnet, always looking dirty

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Vaptio for sending these my way. If my review didn’t scare you off, the Tyro Nano can be had for $25-35 USD, and the sleek is somewhere around $35-40 USD.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors