Become a Patron!

Pioneer4You iPV4 100 watt with temp control... hmmm

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey gang!
So... most of us have heard or tried P4Y's line of regulated box mods. Last year they seemed to receive their fair share of the online buzz about the ipv2 and the follow up quick release of the ipv3. As you probably know they are about to release a new box, version 4. While the last release seemed to push the envelope (at least at the time of their release) with 150 watts (upgradeable to 165w with firmware) and had a remarkably lowest ohm rating of .08 they now seem to be once again grabbing some attention with some new tech. Rather than going for more wattage - which really seemed unnecessary (imo) even though i vape low ohm/high watts on my ipv3 - they have instead redesigned the box design entirely adding a working charge port (an included cord will be nice this time btw), a magnetic "back" door closure of some type (no screws - yeah!), and they removed the (non functioning) touch fire button entirely (duh). Seems like they may have been listening to some of the customer feedback. Go figure.

The biggest news however is the introduction of a new YiHi chip set (sx330 V4S) using temperature control.
A dual 18650 regulated box100 watt device WITH temp control. Hmmm. I have to admit, this got my curiosity peaked a bit. Hope it turns out to be good.

Here is the spec sheet on the YiHi chip used.
http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/Yihiecigar-SX330-V4S-295319.html

I also found a couple sites already being advertised for presale. Release date will be last week of March. (Please feel free to add other links as i am sure there are a bunch of other folks already advertising this for sale)
http://www.eciggity.com/ipv4-100-watt-box-mod/
http://vapenw.com/coming-soon/ipv-4-by-pioneer4you

Here are a few shots i found online of the new box. (again, add more if you find some) When my test unit arrives in the mail in a couple weeks i will do a review and share my thoughts with you.
ipv4.png Pioneer-IPV4-2.jpg

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just ordered mine

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was told by P4Y my box would be shipped not this week (as expected) but April 1st due to some flash update for software. Anyone hear anything similar? Thanks all. Looking forward to trying this new chipset. Hope it fairs better than, let say, the smok m80.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was told by P4Y my box would be shipped not this week (as expected) but April 1st due to some flash update for software. Anyone hear anything similar? Thanks all. Looking forward to trying this new chipset. Hope it fairs better than, let say, the smok m80.
I'm in the Smog group buy. According to them there is a two month backlog for anyone ordering now and they don't expect them to ship until the end of April. Orders placed before CNY still to ship April 1st.

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
where did you preorder yours?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i get mine direct from P4Y for reviews. Not free (just sayin)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm always a early adopter but the dna40 (5 boards) and the smok m80 has made me so weary of being the first batch test monkeys. I really like the price if it actually works well.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm always a early adopter but the dna40 (5 boards) and the smok m80 has made me so weary of being the first batch test monkeys. I really like the price if it actually works well.

i doubt it will.. but hopefully for everyones sake that already bought it - it does lol

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is one I'm definitely watching. I like the look of it, seems like it would work well ergonomically I'm just hesitant to be one of the early adopters that gets burned with a device that doesn't perform. That being said, P4Y has a pretty solid track record and by the time I can afford one I'm sure they'll have the early bugs worked out. Hope the temp control works, I'd really like a nice temp control mod at some point!

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to buy the 40 Watt Kangxin Vapor Flask, which I know works, or this. When they decided to include Temp Control at a lower price and 100 Watts with an adjustable pin and magnets it was an easy decision. If they don't get it right even with it being upgradeable I'll still have a 100 watt dual battery mod for $62 and then I'll probably get the Flask. Don't see any way to be disapointed.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This will be the real test for Yihi to pull off a properly working temp control, not just some half ass "sorta works" chip. If they do, evolv's, days will be numbered.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This will be the real test for Yihi to pull off a properly working temp control, not just some half ass "sorta works" chip. If they do, evolv's, days will be numbered.

In the end, and as long as people continue to readily jump head first into the hype, my bet is that cutting corners and taking the "half ass sorta works" approach will still rule the day on this one.

Imo, the real test here lies with the consumer in the event this device leaves something to be desired on the TC side. Do you still go out and pre-order the ipv v5 a month or so from then, on the promise to upgrade the experience? Because i'm left guessing that will indeed be the more profitable road IPV takes, given the target market they seem to be shooting at.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They jump @ having a device that is more than twice as powerful at half the cost. Even if TC doesn't work...

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the end, and as long as people continue to readily jump head first into the hype, my bet is that cutting corners and taking the "half ass sorta works" approach will still rule the day on this one.

If any of the chinese chip makers can get it right, my bets would be on YiHi, since they have a good track record. They announced TC quite a while ago and don't seem to be rushing it to market, which may be a good thing. We should know by the end of April.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If any of the chinese chip makers can get it right, my bets would be on YiHi, since they have a good track record. They announced TC quite a while ago and don't seem to be rushing it to market, which may be a good thing. We should know by the end of April.
I have high hopes with the SX350j board since that is their high end chip that has made it into some highly sought after devices. I am a bit skeptical about the chip in the ipv4 performing well with TC since it was not marketed with the feature and is now an add on. It could be a winner though, and like was mentioned above a lot of the pre-order ppl are saying if it doesn't work right with TC they still got a good value on a 100w box. I can see that point since it was an after thought feature, but for devices like the SX M Class and other higher priced mods a flop will not go over as smoothly.

Reactions: JXN

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They jump @ having a device that is more than twice as powerful at half the cost. Even if TC doesn't work...

I get that. But again, such being deemed "acceptable" there is why my money wouldn't be on them swinging for the fences with the IPV4. If they come up short and still have you hooked on the line to buy the next "this time we nailed it!" model they push out in the near future...just seems like the bigger win to be had atm/imo.

I mean outside of ideal theory, and as long as everything still sells relatively the same, is there really any more incentive to hit a homerun instead of a bloop single to right here?

VU Sponsors