Become a Patron!

Pinup Vapors Betty or Lana

Betty is amazing and changes depending on the setup/device & I noticed back when I vaped it all day Grapefruit would be strong first thing in the morning, later in the day the Berry aspect would seem to pop. I've heard yogurt maybe somewhere in the mix.
Lana Tropical with juice a slight hint of floral, I notice cotton candy taste & or just super sweet tasting smelling clouds. Just a little perplexed cause it's a 90% VG juice...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You will have to do a bit better with each juice, separately..

best way is to tell from inhale, and then throat hit, and then exhale..
take your time..

but remember, you will come close, but it wont be exact.. clones are fun to try and make..
if you have what you think you taste in the juice you are trying to copy.. :)

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought into the hype over betty and bought a bottle a few weeks back. It is so over sweetened it is ridiculous. It seems the new trend in most of these juices is too over sweeten the hell out of them. I honestly got small hints of berries and maybe a bubblegum taste. Wasn't something I would buy again. Everyones taste is different though.

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I may have stumbled upon a very close recipe to Betty by accident. Sully has posted a recipe called "sweet berry mash" and I was tinkering with it somewhat and left the bottle sitting for about a week. It is very close now to what I remember from Betty but not supersweet like betty was. Give it a try and see.

Possible Betty Clone 1

3.00% - Forest Fruit (FA)
1.00% - Fresh Cream (FA)
1.00% - Marshmallow (FA)
0.75% - Marzipan (FA)
0.75% - Oba Oba (FA)
2.00% - Strawberry (FA)
3.50% - Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
2 Drops "MTS VAPE WIZARD" per 15ml

Optional:
0.50% - Sweetener (TFA) (Leave it out if you want less sweetness; I personally don't think it is needed)

I think the MTS Vape Wizard is the key here and probably wouldn't work w/o it. On a whim I was playing around with it and added it to the bottle of the tweaked recipe that sully posted. I left it sitting for about a week before opening it so it had steeped for a while. I take no credit for the recipe as Sully provided the groundwork for the original recipe. Again this isn't a 1:1 clone but better IMO as it isn't sickening sweet like betty from pinup.

Anyways it's a starting point if you want to tweak it or take it another direction.

Edit: I made this at 70vg/30pg

Last edited:
Pinup Betty Attempt any suggestions...
8% Grapefruit CAP, 5% Ripe Strawberry TFA, 2% Sweet Strawberry CAP, 2% Vanillin TFA, 1% Smooth TFA, 1% Citrus Cotton Candy TFA.

Second Attempt...
8% Grapefruit, 5% Ripe Strawberry TFA, 2% Sweet Strawberry CAP, 2% Yogurt FW, 1% Smooth TFA, 1% Citrus Cotton Candy TFA.

I'd say first was actually closer, which leads me to my next batch I will be using a cake or possibly Vanilla Cupcake, I'm for sure on Ripe Strawberry & Grapefruit not sure what Oba Oba taste like but the reviews don't point at a specific grapefruit flavor which Betty has. Both my mixes on certain builds, volts, watts, time of day, food eaten before, etc. the flavor would change I think this is an amazing aspect of grapefruit sometimes its there in your face (mornings) other times you just have a nice strawberry bite (afternoon/evenings.)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oba oba is more like a tobacco marshmallow to me.. but then again, you could get something totally different..

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pinup Betty Attempt any suggestions...
8% Grapefruit CAP, 5% Ripe Strawberry TFA, 2% Sweet Strawberry CAP, 2% Vanillin TFA, 1% Smooth TFA, 1% Citrus Cotton Candy TFA.

Second Attempt...
8% Grapefruit, 5% Ripe Strawberry TFA, 2% Sweet Strawberry CAP, 2% Yogurt FW, 1% Smooth TFA, 1% Citrus Cotton Candy TFA.

I'd say first was actually closer, which leads me to my next batch I will be using a cake or possibly Vanilla Cupcake, I'm for sure on Ripe Strawberry & Grapefruit not sure what Oba Oba taste like but the reviews don't point at a specific grapefruit flavor which Betty has. Both my mixes on certain builds, volts, watts, time of day, food eaten before, etc. the flavor would change I think this is an amazing aspect of grapefruit sometimes its there in your face (mornings) other times you just have a nice strawberry bite (afternoon/evenings.)

I never got a grapefruit flavor from it. It tasted like sweet strawberry and bubblegum to me with a small hint of citrus.

Possible Betty Clone 1
3.00% - Forest Fruit (FA)
1.00% - Fresh Cream (FA)
1.00% - Marshmallow (FA)
0.75% - Marzipan (FA)
0.75% - Oba Oba (FA)
2.00% - Strawberry (FA)
3.50% - Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
2 Drops "MTS VAPE WIZARD" per 15ml

I gave this a shot and it turned out very well, Dave. Thanks, man!

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Y2Rooster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It gunks coils really bad for sure. I'm burnt out on it now. Vaping them side by side you cant identify which is which. I knew premium vendors used a lot of sweetener but, never thought about that much until I tried it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It gunks coils really bad for sure. I'm burnt out on it now. Vaping them side by side you cant identify which is which. I knew premium vendors used a lot of sweetener but, never thought about that much until I tried it.

We already had a discussion on this, in the clone group/fb
I sure hope you rethink your use of sweetener..
but if you do not change your recipe and like it as it is, I wish you good luck.
This is why we all try our hands at "cloning" but the very best we can do is called impressions..
unless the recipe author drops his/her recipe into our hands.. they are not called true clones :)

Y2Rooster

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't even vape it anymore. My buddy loves it tho. Lana has always been my favorite and the only juice I will occasionally buy but, Betty is good. I've been finding lately that the more I try to clone a juice, the more I find my own recipes. A lot of times I give up on the clone and work on my stuff. I don't use much sweetener at all in my stuff.

Last edited:
I've been looking online for anyone to post something about pinup Rita. It's one of the best I've had. But seems no one is talking about a clone. I can't really tell what's in it, no matter how hard I try.

VU Sponsors