Become a Patron!

PIF box for building and mixing.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been a part of many PIF boxes and none really covered the part of vaping I love the best. Building and mixing so I thought I'd create this thread to see if there are people with the same interests in mind. If I have enough people to make this work I will set up rules that will ensure everything is as fair as it can be. This would be great for people who are considering getting into DIY or building. Things allowed will be wire coil jigs ohm readers anything that helps you build.
If you have no building supplies or mixing supplies vaping gear can be put in its place.

General guidelines
Pictures of what your taking/adding.
Post the pics of the items you'd like to add/remove to this thread for "approval" and wait for 3 "likes" before shipping the box.

DIY nicotine base if added has to be clearly marked as such, with the strength of it and DIY flavors are fine but must be in individual Bottles do not have to be full. There's no need for us to ship 4ml of juice in a 30ml bottle.

This box is for MEMBERS ONLY Please do not grab items for friends and family.

GUIDELINES:
Think of it like this,the first donation to the box is an entry fee or a show of faith if you will so the people at the beginning have some cool stuff to look through.
The second time you add/remove from the box is an honor system based barter.
Only take what you can replace with an item of equal(-ish) or greater value. (*Refer to rules 1&2.)
You may take multiple items as long as they're replaced
Bags will be provided for juice and atomizers. Please use them. They wont stop a tank or bottle from breaking but they'll help contain the glass/juice.
Please be courteous and clean your atomizers before adding them.
Keep in mind that we do have some newer members/newer vapers and we're all in this to have fun,make some new friends and try some new stuff.
This only works if we all do our part to ensure that everyone has a good time and gets some new gear.
With that being said,if you see someone that want's that shiny subtank but can only spare a couple yards of wick or some juice then please use your best judgment before you say no to their offering(s). It is a PIF(Pay It Forward) box after all.

I will be creating a punchlist of everything in the original box with room to mark your names next to what you take and room to write in what you've added.required posting pics of what you take/add in the thread will be required as sort of a confirmation. We ask that whoever has the box get atleast 3-5 "likes" before packing it all back up and shipping it out.
If someone decides to be an asshat and jack the box up,there's not much we can do about it but i assure you that they won't be included in the next round. I'd like to imagine that we're all good people but only time will tell.
The box will be coming back to Myself so I can periodically refresh it. I will do my best to make sure everything is fair.
Like I stated before if you're brand new and don't have any building or mixing stuff gear can be put in its place and all I ask if there's more than one bottle of something don't take all of them that way it's fair and someone else who may need it can have a shot at it.
These are guidelines I'm thinking of nothing is in stone until we have enough people or I take this down.
Any input from anyone who would like to take part in the box would be awesome.
This box will be geared towards beginners and experienced builders who might want to try some advanced wire/coil making.
We are a community and I'd love to share my love of building and mixing with people who want to try their hand at building and mixing without having to put out a bunch of money to figure out its not for them.
So being as this is about giving someone a chance to build/mix who hasn't made the jump yet or are just looking for different ideas, wire or flavors vape gear can be added in the place of what you take. I want this to be a PIF box I'd just like to see people focus on what other boxes have not.

Last edited:

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been a part of many PIF boxes and none really covered the part of vaping I love the best. Building and mixing so I thought I'd create this thread to see if there are people with the same interests in mind. If I have enough people to make this work I will set up rules that will ensure everything is as fair as it can be. This would be great for people who are considering getting into DIY or building. Things allowed will be wire coil jigs ohm readers anything that helps you build.
If you have no building supplies or mixing supplies vaping gear can be put in its place.

General guidelines
Pictures of what your taking/adding.
Post the pics of the items you'd like to add/remove to this thread for "approval" and wait for 3 "likes" before shipping the box.

DIY nicotine base if added has to be clearly marked as such, with the strength of it and DIY flavors are fine but must be in individual Bottles do not have to be full. There's no need for us to ship 4ml of juice in a 30ml bottle.

This box is for MEMBERS ONLY Please do not grab items for friends and family.

GUIDELINES:
Think of it like this,the first donation to the box is an entry fee or a show of faith if you will so the people at the beginning have some cool stuff to look through.
The second time you add/remove from the box is an honor system based barter.
Only take what you can replace with an item of equal(-ish) or greater value. (*Refer to rules 1&2.)
You may take multiple items as long as they're replaced
Bags will be provided for juice and atomizers. Please use them. They wont stop a tank or bottle from breaking but they'll help contain the glass/juice.
Please be courteous and clean your atomizers before adding them.
Keep in mind that we do have some newer members/newer vapers and we're all in this to have fun,make some new friends and try some new stuff.
This only works if we all do our part to ensure that everyone has a good time and gets some new gear.
With that being said,if you see someone that want's that shiny subtank but can only spare a couple yards of wick or some juice then please use your best judgment before you say no to their offering(s). It is a PIF(Pay It Forward) box after all.

I will be creating a punchlist of everything in the original box with room to mark your names next to what you take and room to write in what you've added.required posting pics of what you take/add in the thread will be required as sort of a confirmation. We ask that whoever has the box get atleast 3-5 "likes" before packing it all back up and shipping it out.
If someone decides to be an asshat and jack the box up,there's not much we can do about it but i assure you that they won't be included in the next round. I'd like to imagine that we're all good people but only time will tell.
The box will be coming back to Myself so I can periodically refresh it. I will do my best to make sure everything is fair.
Like I stated before if you're brand new and don't have any building or mixing stuff gear can be put in its place and all I ask if there's more than one bottle of something don't take all of them that way it's fair and someone else who may need it can have a shot at it.
These are guidelines I'm thinking of nothing is in stone until we have enough people or I take this down.
I'm in if you can get all the details ironed out and approved.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok this sounds like a great idea, I would love to be included in this box. In just starting out in both building and mixing so hell yeah, I'm in!!!
Thanks for the great idea dawn08, let me know what else you need from me just ask.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Once we get 12-15 people I want people's input on what they'd like to see and how to manage things. If you have an idea you want to bounce off me feel free to PM me I really want to make this work because a lot of people don't want to make that initial investment into DIY because they're not sure if they'll like it and same as in building even tho wire is cheaper it's still an investment

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far it looks like we have 8. Once we get a few more we can get the show on the road.

I would love to join,, a ton of Rayon and several 'sampled' FA flavors.......the only big problem I have is: I will be away on 2 certain weeks.. so I would like to avoid the postal circle on those so nobody thinks I took off with the PIF box........

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would love to join,, a ton of Rayon and several 'sampled' FA flavors.......the only big problem I have is: I will be away on 2 certain weeks.. so I would like to avoid the postal circle on those so nobody thinks I took off with the PIF box........
Awesome if we come up to those weeks and it's your turn we can skip you until you get back and I appreciate the heads up.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I tried to "organize" my concentrates today and no matter what system I come up with it always fails at first I did the brand then I did by category but since most of my concentrates fall into fruit, creams, bakery or breakfast that didn't work either. I tried alphabetical order but there's too many my fridge can't take any more concentrates so I'm hoping I can figure this out because my love for mixing is going down the tubes because I don't want to have to search for all the flavors and it always figures that the ones I want are always in the back ahhh DIYers nightmare

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So is there's deadline for sign ups? Do you have a date!!

Fight for your right to vape......

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would say next We will start September 5 for sign ups that way it'll be after the holiday I think we have 9 right now but no matter what I'll do the work if everyone is really into doing it.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Question, Dawn & all - how do you feel about small bottles of seldom used flavors? Example, I have a 10ml bottle of ginger. I do use it in a few recipes but it would be years to use it all. I can put a few mls in a small bottle and share it around, labeled of course. Yay or nay?

axelbeam

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question, Dawn & all - how do you feel about small bottles of seldom used flavors? Example, I have a 10ml bottle of ginger. I do use it in a few recipes but it would be years to use it all. I can put a few mls in a small bottle and share it around, labeled of course. Yay or nay?
I think it's a good idea gives people a chance to try some flavors without having to get a big bottle just in case the don't like it

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah that's kind of the idea if you use the concentrate and know you won't be able to use it before it would "go bad" then absolutely I have a few 16oz flavors I will be doing that with. It's just a good way of trying something you normally wouldn't buy. I find sometimes the ones I wouldn't think I'd like are the ones that are my favorite

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this thread never really got that much attention so I don't know if anyone is still interested if you are PM me and we can get this thing going

im still interested,, hopefully others are too :)

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As I'm trying to get more people people can start sending their "sign up fee" which can be anything that you wouldn't mind getting rid of just so the people who will have something to pick from doesn't have to be anything crazy. This is what I've done in other boxes I've been a part of and it worked out really well

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dawn, I really don't have DIY or building materials at the moment but I can put a Limiltless tank, some flavors and see what else I can find around here, is that going to be ok?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dawn, I really don't have DIY or building materials at the moment but I can put a Limiltless tank, some flavors and see what else I can find around here, is that going to be ok?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Of course!!! that's why I kept vape gear As a part of the box just for this reason someone who wants to get into building/mixing and doesn't want to buy all the stuff because they're unsure if they'd like it or for any reason. I want there to be something for everyone so if someone has tons of wire and doesn't have much gear that's a perfect trade. Thank you for bringing it up because I'm sure there is one or two people that have the same question.

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once this thing is rolling I'm curious as to who does what DIY. I do sit juice and I make mods. Wood, mosfet, and repurposed circuit boards from other mods like an ipv3 board. That way if there is other that build I can share components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I make juice mainly. I do make coils from time to time

Sent from a pay phone

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once this thing is rolling I'm curious as to who does what DIY. I do sit juice and I make mods. Wood, mosfet, and repurposed circuit boards from other mods like an ipv3 board. That way if there is other that build I can share components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
around 2018 everyone gonna be looking for you for mod repairs :)
i already have a Pico that needs the usb re-attached.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just build my own coils. And nothing fancy so far. Fused claptons is about as far as I've gone. I have some flavors I got to try a Fruity Pebble mix, but I didn't really care for making my own juice. I might start dabbling again.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Someone sent me a Clapton coil jig from vaped3d.com I have yet to use it I'll give it a try and if I think it's easier my way it might end up in the box.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As far as where you send it to just PM me and I'll give you my address. As far as order for the box we can take a vote do you want to do a random order list or do a list by location. I've done both in boxes I've been a part of and the location order box seem to move really fast. But this is our box so I want opinions on what you guys think

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as where you send it to just PM me and I'll give you my address. As far as order for the box we can take a vote do you want to do a random order list or do a list by location. I've done both in boxes I've been a part of and the location order box seem to move really fast. But this is our box so I want opinions on what you guys think

Honestly list by location goes faster

Fight for your right to vape......

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Dawn0810, I know I am a little last minute but I am still having horrible issues with my ability to get online! I would really love to be part of this box if that's possible please and thank you?!? I won't be able to be on everyday but I will make an appearance as often as I can! Like I said I would really appreciate the opportunity! Have a great day and I look forward to your response!

VU Sponsors