Become a Patron!

Phillip Morris Vaping Discount

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard about this on the radio this morning and then found the article...it’s about Phillip Morris getting into the Life Insurance Business and offering special discounts for vaping:

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.cnbc...s-launches-life-insurance-company-reviti.html

Around 18 months ago there was legislation passed in my area that made it to where you couldn’t have premium e-juices mailed to your place of residence (Only to shop owners with the correct business licenses), but also banned B&M store employees from claiming vaping is a safer alternative than smoking.
I could be reading the article incorrectly, and PM is obviously backing their own product with a higher discount, but whether it’s a 1% discount or 50% discount to your life insurance rates for discontinuing analog cigarettes in preference to vaping, does that not blow the door wide open on speaking about the health benefits (or at least lower danger) inherent in vaping as opposed to smoking?
It could be sleep deprivation from last night, but it seems if Phillip Morris is willing to offer life insurance discounts to people that switch to vaping, maybe this could open the door to a conversation on how there is nothing that is “safe” smoking, but vaping or other alternatives could lessen the harmful effects proven to come from smoking cigarettes?
Just my 2 cents, I could be completely off base.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. I read it the same way you did. Offering discounts for quitting or switching to a vaoi g product. But does it have to be their iqos? Pmi says they want to quit selling cigs all together eventually. That's gotta say something

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to assume the discount would only apply if you admitted to being a smoker or was nailed by a Pee Test for your insurance. Contine anyone? :vino:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I expect that they will try to sell off their brands with a cash plus royalty deal and get deeper into the vape industry...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I expect that they will try to sell off their brands with a cash plus royalty deal and get deeper into the vape industry...

Altria is a subsidiary of PM if I am not mistaken. Already have their eyes on the the profits.

VU Sponsors