Become a Patron!

Pharaoh RTA by DigiFlavor (a RIP Trippers Project)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gimmick? Looks like a well made product with plenty of options at a fair price. If this qualifies as a gimmick, so does 99% of all the shit china is pumping out at a breakneck pace. I still have not picked up the RDA but its on my short list. I'm not a tank guy but this looks like its worth a look. @SirRichardRear, let us know how you like it :cheers:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Gimmick? Looks like a well made product with plenty of options at a fair price. If this qualifies as a gimmick, so does 99% of all the shit china is pumping out at a breakneck pace. I still have not picked up the RDA but its on my short list. I'm not a tank guy but this looks like its worth a look. @SirRichardRear, let us know how you like it :cheers:
I will. Can't wait to get it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Pretty dam good but needs a big build. Lots of air. A little better then the limitless plus but not close to the Medusa

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Was this about the Pharoah RTA or RDA SRR?

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
a94b192255382ec459c9f16b5d81124c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
any leaks when you have the top air flow open? My griffin 25 leaks with the top air flow open and you tip it on its side to take a hit and the juice comes up.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today after USPS lost it and found it again. Anyways it's not a bad tank. Good air flow but I'm not currently using the top air flow. I built a single coil SS316L, 9 wrap spaced and 4 ml in diameter and it fit with ease. Super easy to install coil. At first when I wicked it I put too much cotton in and it muted the flavor. I wicked it the way Rip did on his video. But I rewicked it and put the cotton ends in the way I would with any other tank and the flavor came back. So far no leaks but I've only been using it for about an hour. Time will tell but so far so good.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got mine today after USPS lost it and found it again. Anyways it's not a bad tank. Good air flow but I'm not currently using the top air flow. I built a single coil SS316L, 9 wrap spaced and 4 ml in diameter and it fit with ease. Super easy to install coil. At first when I wicked it I put too much cotton in and it muted the flavor. I wicked it the way Rip did on his video. But I rewicked it and put the cotton ends in the way I would with any other tank and the flavor came back. So far no leaks but I've only been using it for about an hour. Time will tell but so far so good.
It was properly too much wick cos your coil i.d. Is 4mm. Glad u like it!

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a follow-up, I've had this a couple days now and so far no leaks. But I did notice that when the juice flow control is open that the tank portion has a very slight woble . I took everything apart,cleaned and reassembled. The tank still wobles. Again no leaks but it irritates me. I'm used to my Aromamizer that screws together nice and snug and the juice control being separate . But it appears that with the Pharaoh you have to loosen the tank from the base to use the juice control. This could be just mine or this is normal with this kind of juice flow. I now close the juice flow about half way just so I can have it screwed on as much as possible. To me this is a design flaw. Right now no leaks but the slightest sign of leaking between the base and the tank will put this tank in the early retirement drawer with all my other leaky tanks.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Final thoughts, it's the best single coil tank I own. I'm getting as much vapor as I would from a dual coil. This is probably because I have a very large single 4 millimeters in diameter coil.Holds a lot of cotton and juice. It took me three re wicks to get it right. Still no leaks so the slight tank woble doesn't bother me as much. The top cap/ mouth piece doesn't get hot. The flavor I'm getting is good. The build deck is really nice. Plenty of room with large juice channels. The spring loaded clamps make it very easy and the heat treated screws seem very durable. The bottom air flow is a little loud and a little restrictive when fully open. I don't use the top air flow. Lots of spare parts. All in all not bad.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMG_0305.JPG Ok got mine built 28g*2/32g Clapton 6 wraps 4mm I.d. .91 ohms 70vg 30pg @Huckleberried Golden Oreo Cheesecake. Wicked it like @TrollDragon (rayon) cut length to base tucked bottom half of wick in channel about less than 1/4 wick left cut to posts. It's wicking well, blurp blurp after each vape, no leaks. This requires a lot of wick. Tried fully open af on bottom, open top airflow a little same flavor but airier draw. Closed off af on bottom, fully open top, very quiet, tighter draw about the same flavor. Nice thick vapor. So far so good. Will report back after I've used for a while.

Last edited:

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the Pharaoh has landed in Canada. Only problem is that it went to the other side of Canada in BC. Won't be seeing it till next week now since it has to clear Customs first. Usually my stuff hits Toronto which isn't far from me. Not bad timing though. 10 days from China.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is a great looking RTA @Heartsdelight, I don't think I'll pick one up just yet. I watched Dean's video on it today, so the way your wicking it should work perfectly! You going to use the extension?

Thanks for the tag too, you never know when a sale might just come along... ;) :D
I won't use the extension for now, it looks fugly :D 4.8ml is plenty for now.
Not to be an enabler but :D
Cvapor.com took 10 days to USA coupon code "Pharaoh" $26.00/free shipping
Fasttech "map" brings it down to $28.41.
Just saying :D
Wicking it the way you said works great! No leaking.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won't use the extension for now, it looks fugly :D 4.8ml is plenty for now.
Not to be an enabler but :D
Cvapor.com took 10 days to USA coupon code "Pharaoh" $26.00/free shipping
Fasttech "map" brings it down to $28.41.
Just saying :D
Wicking it the way you said works great! No leaking.

Ahhhhh... must resist!!1!1! :D
I have a Peerless inbound that I'm going to squonk with first. :cloud:

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok to my surprise my Pharaoh RTA in black came last night. Didn't think it was coming till next week.

First off the quality. Definitely the best tank in quality I've used. Yes it is a big tank and a tad heavy but Damn this is nice.

Deck is awesome. So easy. Did my wick just like Rip Trippers. Flav has been awesome. Def like this tank. Only problem is that I left early this morning and took the wrong Mod and tank with me today. It was dark and grabbed my Nano. Have to wait all day to try it again lol. Used a full tank last night and it was great.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been an amazing tank for sure. No leaks or anything. Extremely impressed.

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good performer, but its overweight and a bit fugly I was watching DJLsb's review and he mated the Pharaoh deck with the Griffin 25 Plus top. Had a Griffin+ benched and doing nothing so tried the same. Its about 25gs less top heavy and a bit sleeker.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don't think it is, the Pharaoh is about.. a 5/10 on flavor, a Merlin is a 9/10.

Update: I hate this tank. It's garbage. Since I forgot about the thread. It's just the Pharaoh RDA all over again, a gimmick that fell flat.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
How does the flavor compare with the Merlin? (Anyone have both?)
Personally i find it to be one of the best flavorwise. but it has enough issues that I can't personally recommend it. I'll have a formal review up probably later this week or at latest next week

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have to agree, as wonderful of a vape as the Merlin gives and as much as I liked Roxy back when she was popular here.. the Merlin, all of them man, they have issues. Lots. None of them are major, but there's SO many little 'ugh' type things about it, that it makes me never want to use / recommend it.

Same goes for the Pharaoh, but I don't get that great of flavor out of it..

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nice review. I do wick mine the same as you except I put just a touch more cotton in the holes. I have no leak issues and I take it in the truck with me sometimes.

I had to buy a second i love the flavor so much.
I'm wondering if it's more of an issue with the press fit then it is the wicking. Similar to the issues with the merlin

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm thinking about picking up some 18 gauge wire and doing 5 or 6 wraps at 3 or 3.5ID in my Pharaoh RTA. Should rip hard.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors