Become a Patron!

PG/VG - I FOUND THE PROBLEM!! :D

wordologist448

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OMG, you guys (starting a new thread cuz the blueberry one was long ENOUGH! :D ) - it was my BASE!!

(For context, I've been mixing my own juice for ~3 years without buying anything store-bought, and I had some store juice recently that made me realize my DIY was CRAP, but I wasn't sure why)

I bought 6 bottles of premixed 30-70(VG) base from Inawera (5 bottles of 0mg, 1 bottle of 6mg to make 600ml of 1mg base), and EVERYTHING I mix tastes SO MUCH BETTER, even RIGHT out of the freshly mixed bottle!! I still haven't been patient enough to FULLY "steep" anything (for more than 3 days), but this stuff is SO MUCH MORE GOOD, AND it's not gunking up my coils OR cotton!

I'm attaching pictures of the base I've been using and one of the 0mg bottles from Inawera - I thought they both were ED, but I guess the PG isn't - to be VERY clear, the flavor comes through 100% better with the Inawera base, and the juice tastes better RIGHT AWAY than my old juices ever did after a WEEK of sitting...

Has anyone used ED and NOT had this problem? What's different about the Inawera base (it's also got the nicotine already IN it, but since I'm only vaping ONE mg/ml, I didn't think that would make THAT much difference)?

Attachments

• oldbase.jpg
    oldbase.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 44
  • inawerabase.jpg
    inawerabase.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 43

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pg can go bad. I had some go bad after a year(not ED). Not sure how old your "old base" is, but it was probably good when you bought it and the pg went bad.

It's gradual so I didn't notice at first. When I did notice my juice was chemical tasting I found the problem by smelling my bases(pg/vg/nic). I no longer buy pg in large volume.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use ED, too, but haven't had any issues with it. Mine comes in the same type of bottle as your VG is in.

wordologist448

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pg can go bad. I had some go bad after a year(not ED). Not sure how old your "old base" is, but it was probably good when you bought it and the pg went bad.

It's gradual so I didn't notice at first. When I did notice my juice was chemical tasting I found the problem by smelling my bases(pg/vg/nic). I no longer buy pg in large volume.

Ooooo - THAT could be; that gallon jug has lasted a LOOOOOONG time since I mix at 30% PG! (The Inawera bases also don't have hardly any odor at ALL, and mine did have kind of a "sweet" smell...I didn't notice the bases themselves having their OWN taste; it just always seemed like the flavor wasn't "getting through" the base and was ending up puddling on top of the cotton in my RBAs instead of "soaking in," and RUINING my prebullt coils after a DAY!)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How long is a Loooooong Time? I buy PG in 500 ML bottles because I use very little like you.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy by the gallons but it all stays in the freezer and fridge. And definitely no problems with Essential Depot.

VU Sponsors