Become a Patron!

PG Question

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is PG kinda harsh in general or is there a smoother one? I've only ever gotten it from WL & ECX. Before anyone tries to push all or max VG, I can't tolerate more than 20%. Heavy lung feeling and chest discomfort.

Any use Bull City?

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is PG kinda harsh in general or is there a smoother one? I've only ever gotten it from WL & ECX. Before anyone tries to push all or max VG, I can't tolerate more than 20%. Heavy lung feeling and chest discomfort.

Any use Bull City?
I got some from bull city, it's good. I do 50/50 I tried a higher vg and it made me cough and wheeze. I don't have any problems with their vg or pg. I bought a gallon of each from essential depot. I haven't tried them yet, great price,it has good reviews and free shipping.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Any use Bull City?

Wondering if you've ever tried the VG made from Coconuts, RTS Vapes sells it.
Probably the same reaction but at least it's NON GMO.
I'm still working on my gallon of PG I bought from TSC like 6 months ago.
The harshness may be more from the nic though, IDK.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HUck, like you I can barely tolerate even 20% VG. I use Essential Depot, and it seems fine- although I have nothing to compare it with. Is it possible you need to reduce your nic level? Mine is only at 6mg, but there are times I'm still coughing and I wonder if I should reduce it further LOL

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wondering if you've ever tried the VG made from Coconuts, RTS Vapes sells it.
Probably the same reaction but at least it's NON GMO.
I'm still working on my gallon of PG I bought from TSC like 6 months ago.
The harshness may be more from the nic though, IDK.
Thanks Heabob. I actually have VG from RTS right now. I got it to pad an order a while back, lol. It's certainly possible it's the nic, I've just noticed that the more I've had to reduce the VG in mixes, the harsher they seem to get. With everything I've read from the beginning about PG, it seems a lot of people are talking about the harshness. I guess I'm just hoping someone has a PG that isn't.

HUck, like you I can barely tolerate even 20% VG. I use Essential Depot, and it seems fine- although I have nothing to compare it with. Is it possible you need to reduce your nic level? Mine is only at 6mg, but there are times I'm still coughing and I wonder if I should reduce it further LOL
Thanks, Amanda. I'll try this next time I mix. I think it's been since March or April that I cut back on nic. It's worth a shot. Prior to that I'd cut back even more, but had to bump it back up just a tad. At least I've gotten rid of the heaviness I was dealing with before. So far, Vg @ 20% is working out better.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PG is a humectant, which can make you hold water, also causing the water in your system to absorb into your organs, eg. lungs, ears, nose and throat. It can be harsh in high percentage mixes. Also, nicotine can add to the harsh feeling. Max VG can have a similar affect on the system however...so damned if you do, damned if you dont. lol. Try a few different mixes and keep record of how each mix ratio affects you. Drink lots of water when vaping and try to use a regulated device to see if it helps. If you are using a mechanical mod without a kick, you can be using over 100w to get that juice cooking, which can become harsh to the user, even causing a sensation where it seams to be getting hotter and harder to use. In really high watt set ups, the PG will actually get pretty hot and vape off really fast, hence people who use sub ohm and high watt mechanical mods are using more VG. It is a matter of taste, don't get discouraged. Keep track and if your chest continues to give you troubles, see your physician. Always drink water when vaping and always use proper equipment. I personally stay away from mech mods and sub ohm set ups, I also prefer to stay at 50/50 pg vg ratios with 6mg nic, since I vape all day long. Good luck and keep us updated how your journey goes with the juices your trying!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks Celtic. I've been doing a process of elimination for a bit now. Anything over 20 Vg is too much. I'm just using an MVP2, VV3 or an eGo. No sub ohming for me, no desire to. I stay around 2.5 or under and about 6.5 watts or under. Pretty happy with my set up except for they dying eGo, lol. I've been from 24mg nic to 10mg, currently at 13-14. No way am I going to give up. I have no desire to smoke cigarettes again. I've been mixing since earlier in the year and I'm having too much fun and too many yumms! Thanks again :)

Oh. Definitely staying hydrated.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just for shits & giggles, have you tried mixing up any zero nic juice?

You've probably already tried this, lol.

Some flavors get harsh for me when VV is set to low, or too high.

But I'm sure you know this anyway...

VU Sponsors