Become a Patron!

PG causing heart burn I think

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think some of my eliquids that have 20+ pg are starting to give me minor heart burn I noticed this when I purchased some smax pony on acid which still has 10 pg 90vg and tallyhos dolomite which is 85vg and 15 pg and all my juices contain 3mls of nic so my real question is what juice does everyone recommend in regards to high vg and low as possible pg like ill even try a 95/5 mix if such a thing exists the juices I know i like are a desert or flowery(like some berries mostly blue) any ideas Im running to a local shop to pick some juice up about like 10 mins

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Unless you are ingesting your e-juice... I don't see how it could cause heartburn. I've never heard this complaint before.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was gonna be in my next question: Are these juices citrus fruit based? I love pina colada vapes, but there's only one that didn't give me heartburn and that was Pomona's Brew by Pegasus Vapes. Something about that citrus combination gets me every time, and the biggest culprit is pineapple. @NGAHaze has the same problem, and I think @wllmc mentioned it once too.

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Countrypami im not ingesting the juice that would be silly there are people who have an intolerance to the PG indoor smokers even has a video about it and there was even this one guy who randomly came up to me and was having the same issue i think if i just stick to high VG liquids i should be fine the guy at the shop was even telling me that he has run into the same problem so im sure it just has to be the fact that the PG is to acidic for some people

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife and I too have noticed a connection to heart burn and vaping... but haven't been able to make more of a connection from there... so I can't say what specifically is causing it...

Come to think of it, now that I'm diy-ing my juice I've bumped mine to a higher concentration of VG and less PG mine seems to be a bit better but I'm not experienced enough with it to say for sure PG is the cause...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is there anything similar about the flavors that cause this for you, besides the ratio of PG? I've only heard it about certain flavorings, too.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flavors could certainly be a culprit. Chewing gum, breath mints, cough drops etc are among those things recommended to avoid if you are prone to heartburn. So trace elements of flavoring swallowed with saliva could trigger your system to produce acid to digest what it thinks you've eaten.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have absolutely found that fruity flavor do this ! All depends on how your stomach is feeling to and what stress level your at. It's not a myth it does happen !

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a lot of the juices that i use are a custard flavor mostly i have cosmic fog milk and honey use to have beard vape 32 which is a cinnamon funnel cake at 60/40 tally ho dolomite 85/15 which a more floral flavor pony on acid by smax 90/10 which is like a berry custard had rip trippers rainbow nuggets at 80/20 which is fruity pebbles and ice cream flavor and i just picked it up today ripe vapes vct which is 70/30 with a vanilla tobacco so i do have a range of flavors but ill post the link that most people have most likely seen by indoor smokers which i mentioned before and he talks about the propylene glycol as a glucose source so that could be it but im not intolerant to sugars that i know of maybe i might be though ill do some more research in to it and get back to everyone
heres the link to the video that he talks about

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
okay so i just did some research about it and ill give a little quote from wiki about PG

The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion),[19] and propionaldehyde (a potentially hazardous substance).[20][21][22]

Serious toxicity generally occurs at plasma concentrations over 4 g/L in, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time, or when used as a vehicle for drugs or vitamins given intravenously or orally.[23] It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements, which contain at most 1 g/kg of PG, except for alcoholic beverages which are allowed 5 percent = 50g/kg.[24] Cases of propylene glycol poisoning are usually related to either inappropriate intravenous administration or accidental ingestion of large quantities by children.[25] The potential for long-term oral toxicity is also low. In one study, in 1972, 12 rats were provided with feed containing as much as 5% PG over a period of 104 weeks and they showed no apparent ill effects; no data on offspring was offered.[26] Because of its low chronic oral toxicity, propylene glycol was classified by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration as "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) for use as a direct food additive, including frozen foods such as ice cream and frozen desserts.[27][28] The GRAS designation is specific to its use in food, and does not apply to other uses.[29]

with all that being said I feel since there is lactose intolerance within my family I being better than my family at not needing lactaids and what have you i have noticed that i may be starting to develop a weakness to not being able to break down the lactose in dairy products since we mostly only have lactaid milk in the house which still tastes the same as milk but now that i have done that i feel like i have weakened myself to it and therefore get the irritation from the juice or it could be from the sugars itself there is also diabetes in the family not in my immediate family but my aunt on my father's side maybe i have some thing going on inside me which i do not know of

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
everyone i found more updates on this subject pretty close to what we were talking about before

chrisjtown33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could be an allergy to PG a high percent of people have a reaction to it. Most people complain of a burning in the throat or soar throat pain. VG can also cause allergic reaction. Most complain of phlegm build up. I haven't ever heard of heart burn from it. Unless your ingesting nicotine. It could cause severe heartburn.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors