Become a Patron!

People with 510 loose connector or fear of getting loose connector

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my device model 300w koopor primus seem to have a design flaw of having loose, dangly atomizer, cut a small piece of wire (thin one with the plastic insulator attached, stick it under tthe atomizer, spin it, this allows the device to safely tightened while not loosing the connector + tightening any wobbles or dangles on atomizer.

Last edited:

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you could contact manufacturer if it's under warranty still. Or possibly epoxy it in.. the way your describing seems like it would come loose still dude

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious got pics to show what you meant?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just curious got pics to show what you meant?

I don't, I've had 2 of the same devices, I just like the device itself and how it functions and looks, my first one got loose, my second one not loose but I'm being extra careful with it to make sure it doesn't happen by twisting it too much, also the atomizer doesn't quite sit on mod itself there's a small gap between it which just rocks back and forth slightly.
It's just a £40 device, no point contacting manufacturer, especially when it's based in use and you have to post it to them which again I'm not willing to pay pay postage for it, I'm happy with it, just needed something to be put under it so it's sealed properly without twisting it too much + the gap is eliminated between the atomizer and mod.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't, I've had 2 of the same devices, I just like the device itself and how it functions and looks, my first one got loose, my second one not loose but I'm being extra careful with it to make sure it doesn't happen by twisting it too much, also the atomizer doesn't quite sit on mod itself there's a small gap between it which just rocks back and forth slightly.
It's just a £40 device, no point contacting manufacturer, especially when it's based in use and you have to post it to them which again I'm not willing to pay pay postage for it, I'm happy with it, just needed something to be put under it so it's sealed properly without twisting it too much + the gap is eliminated between the atomizer and mod.
I hear ya on not wanting to deal with postage and shit. 2 part epoxy would work perfect for sealing it and keeping the 510 in place. It's cheap and easy to use. Is the 510 spring loaded or just set in?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear ya on not wanting to deal with postage and shit. 2 part epoxy would work perfect for sealing it and keeping the 510 in place. It's cheap and easy to use. Is the 510 spring loaded or just set in?

What do you mean by loaded or just set in?, whats an epoxy?, thanks.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you tighten your tank onto the mod, sometimes the 510 can actually spin within the mod.
I have not opened mine up to see how it is threaded one and if someone could just tighten it up.
Mine isn't loose so I have no reason to investigate other than to help someone.
I'm waiting for a buddy who has been complaining about their to bring it to me.
No reason to open mine when theirs is the one broken. lol
But, I have heard numerous cases of this with the Koopor Primus 300.
In the event mine becomes damaged I like it enough, I'll just change the entire 510.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by loaded or just set in?, whats an epoxy?, thanks.
Does the pin sit in a fixed position or does it go down if you push on it? And epoxy is a type of adhesive kinda like gorilla glue or shoegoo but more like a harder rubber cement or resin. You could always do like what the other person said and replace the 510 it's not hard to do and their cheap

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does the pin sit in a fixed position or does it go down if you push on it? And epoxy is a type of adhesive kinda like gorilla glue or shoegoo but more like a harder rubber cement or resin. You could always do like what the other person said and replace the 510 it's not hard to do and their cheap

fixed position, does not go down. and yeah I'm thinking of replacing it, I just don't own a soldering iron though?

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fixed position, does not go down. and yeah I'm thinking of replacing it, I just don't own a soldering iron though?
i made a tempt soldering iron out of my topbox,, i just made a long bent in half coil on the topbox to 'touch up' a battery connector on my car key. you have to work fast.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their pretty cheap, or you can do something like what @kross8 did. Or if you have a small torch can also use to solder
i made a tempt soldering iron out of my topbox,, i just made a long bent in half coil on the topbox to 'touch up' a battery connector on my car key. you have to work fast.
Gotta say that's a pretty gnarly idea :)

VU Sponsors