Become a Patron!

People are ditching cigarettes for vaping for reasons other than their health

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The context above was cigarettes, i.e. smokeable tobacco, not vaping. To see about the black market for that all you have to do is check really high tax jurisdictions like NYC or Australia. Cigarettes remain legal there, but already half or more of the market is "informal".

As for vaping, I'm not sure how I would react if I were cut off from it. I don't intend to find out either. ;)
Apologies, my mistake I lost track of what was being discussed.

I agree cut off cigs and it would be bad.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not think that vaping has as strong of an attraction to humans as does alcohol.
There would be some black market but nothing like with alcohol during prohibition.

One reason being not the massive profits as with bootlegging and illegal drugs.
That and the fact that vaping is not really addictive like those other things.

In my neighborhood, the smokers I met smoking outside were goofing about how smokers were going to end up in cigarette speakeasies.

When they make something illegal, it has an appeal to certain ppl however.

I never had a romance with alcohol, so I never saw the attraction.

Sorry if I’m all over the place, probably shouldn’t engage in logical conversations first thing in the morning! lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And because there would be 30 million very angry people who would create a black market the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Volstead Act was the law of the land.

Or they might decide to storm the Capital or something. They won’t be happy if they can’t afford to smoke (or vape, for that matter!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About 8 years ago. I was in a tobacconist with glass fronted store, buying 1kg of black market tobacco. There was 2 police officers patrolling out the front.

So I told the teller lady that I would just wait a minute.

She laughed and said "Don't worry, they buy it too"

That is over taxing tobacco

VU Sponsors