Become a Patron!

Pecan Crunch Cream

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was thinking this came out great for just whipping something up, and definitely needs to be posted. All from simply a creative mind. Tried Bust-a-Nut and it was good. But honestly, no offence, Bust-a-Nut doesn't hold a candle to this recipe. I wanted to make something that brought out the Butter Pecan because it is such a great flavor. And didn't want another pecan ice cream or something like that. Lately, I've been making a bunch of Cereal 27 vapes. Through that, I really developed a desire to find its true potential through using various creams, or adding a single flavor to see how well Cereal 27 blends with it.

Now I know, to some, Cereal 27 is a love/hate kind of flavor. But to me, it's one of my most loved flavors. It's a must have in my arsenal. I've made a lot of recipes with it. Sometimes, eh, not so good. But others, it's like an easy home run.

That being said, this is an "OMG! It's so good!" Recipe, and I guarantee, you will like it. You can shake-n-vape, but I kept it in my pocket while working, and tasted even better after 1 shift of 8 hrs. Here it is:

5% - Butter Pecan - FW or Perilum (Perilum is better IMO)
4% - Cereal 27 - Capella
2% - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Capella
1% - DX Sweet Cream - TFA
0.75% - Aged Bourbon Cream - Real Flavors
1.5% - Salted Caramel - Flavor West
1.5% - Caramel Toffee - Hangsen
1% - Butter - Flavorart

I checked around a little, and found nothing like it. So at the very least, you won't be disappointed, Enjoy!

A couple of edits 12.03.2017:
First, I have gotten inconsistencies in the strength of Cereal27. I seems as if it is likely that at times it is stronger than others. When I first made this recipe, 2% seemed just right. Later I got a new batch of it, and the 2% was nowhere near enough, like far off. So I raised it back up to 4% (which is what I had originally posted as a mistake). So I don't know what to say, this is certainly odd.

Second, just to be safe, I took the Aged Bourbon Cream from 1% to 0.75%. So that in the event you get weak Cereal27, the Aged Bourbon Cream won't take over (which is ultimately what will happen if it is weak).

Sometimes I wonder if it is possible somebody cuts the strength of flavorings to make a little bit more money (whether it be the supplier or the manufacturer itself). I noticed this phenomena with FA Strawberry Juicy. Seems like when it first came out, it was strong. But now I find rich custards, and heavy creams overpower it (which obviously happens with most any flavor, but I swear it was much more powerful when it first came out)

Last edited:

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't find a replacement for the Toffee. It adds a deeper, rich undertone to the Pecan, and adds a caramelized effect to them. It is an amazing flavor, and I think you need it for this recipe. I couldn't get what I wanted without it.

The ABC adds depth to the cream of course, and supports the butteriness in the Pecan. Some brown sugar might work, but then you're gonna start messing with Pecan flavoring mixing with the butter. So IDK. Lemme know what you come up with. I'd be interested in trying it to see how well you did.

Last edited:

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope nobody is effected by this yet. I made a huge mistake when entering the recipe because I was making another Cereal 27 vape, and confused the percentages. Cereal 27 in this is 2%. Not 4%. I am making another recipe that has that much Cereal in it, and is similar to this one. I tried it with 4%, and it isn't bad, it just shows off too much. If it's any consolation, I did the exact same thing on e-liquid too, and have double the embarrassment. My apologies, and I hope you can understand.

I'd rather correct it now, and have that stain, than to have someone mix this up, and not like it. Although I tried it, and wasn't too bad. Just a little more bold on the Cereal side. You can still taste everything in it tho.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even with the Cereal at 4% or 5%, it's pretty good. It's because of the creaminess that's in Cereal 27, got to be. This recipe is just banging good

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Edit, I been thinking I was getting the Cereal 27 in inconsistent concentrations, but I now believe it was the Aged Bourbon Cream. The first time I made this, it was awesome. But made a second batch and it just wasn't the same. After much mixing and experimenting, I'v came to the conclusion that the Aged Bourbon Cream can easily override the Butter Pecan, and the Cereal. So for safety, .75% seems to be the sweet spot. I mixed it up without it, and it just isn't the same without it.

This truely is a wonderful vape. When I share it with people, they always come back for more, and tell me it's the greatest nutty vape they ever tasted. Very rich, without having to use a ton of concentrate.

I hope you try it just like it is written up. You will have the same excitement as many others

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally tried this one and it's quite good IMO.
Although I did have to sub the RF Bourbon stuff.
Used INW Vanilla Bourbon at 1%.
Pretty much anything using Butter Pecan is good, to me anyway.
Some of the other flavors are helping to bring out more flavor in the Butter Pecan as I usually have to use a higher amount to taste it better.
Creative ideas used in this recipe, good job:D.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally tried this one and it's quite good IMO.
Although I did have to sub the RF Bourbon stuff.
Used INW Vanilla Bourbon at 1%.
Pretty much anything using Butter Pecan is good, to me anyway.
Some of the other flavors are helping to bring out more flavor in the Butter Pecan as I usually have to use a higher amount to taste it better.
Creative ideas used in this recipe, good job:D.
Cool man, glad to hear that! It's a favorite for some who have a hard time with ADV's, that constantly vape something different. This one is easy to vape all day for just about anyone.

And I'm going to try the Vanilla Bourbon, but FA style (cause I don't have INW). You know what, I'm gonna try it now, that should do good in this. I can see how It'd work. But the ABC does play an important roll. Very curious to see how that'd work.

RF Aged Bourbon Cream is a very complex flavor. It is a love hate flavor too for sure.

But I've tried all sorts of variations to it. One in which you can drop the Butter Pecan, and Cereal27. It's just a fun recipe

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never bought the RF Aged Bourbon Cream, but have made 5 variations of this recipe since you posted it. The last 3 times I've made it, it went like this:

1.13% FA Butter
5.65% FW Butter Pecan
1.69% HS Caramel Toffee
2.26% CAP Cereal 27
1.69% FW Salted Caramel
1.69% TFA Sweet Cream
2.26% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1.13% INW Vanilla Cream

As for the odd percentages, I started more like what you had & then increased the overall percentage on my calculator & that is how it came out.
I wish I would have remembered the Aged Bourbon Cream when I was checking my cart out for BCF's Labor Day sale, but today I made sure to add it to my wishlist. It's been getting popular here with a couple of friends I let try it. I really like the addition of the INW Vanilla Cream, but I WILL try it with the ABC when I get it.

Thanks for sharing!

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never bought the RF Aged Bourbon Cream, but have made 5 variations of this recipe since you posted it. The last 3 times I've made it, it went like this:

1.13% FA Butter
5.65% FW Butter Pecan
1.69% HS Caramel Toffee
2.26% CAP Cereal 27
1.69% FW Salted Caramel
1.69% TFA Sweet Cream
2.26% CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1.13% INW Vanilla Cream

As for the odd percentages, I started more like what you had & then increased the overall percentage on my calculator & that is how it came out.
I wish I would have remembered the Aged Bourbon Cream when I was checking my cart out for BCF's Labor Day sale, but today I made sure to add it to my wishlist. It's been getting popular here with a couple of friends I let try it. I really like the addition of the INW Vanilla Cream, but I WILL try it with the ABC when I get it.

Thanks for sharing!
This looks totally flipping amazing! I'm stoked to try it!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just ordered the ingredients I was lacking to make this except I couldn't get the HS Caramel toffee. I ordered VT English Toffee and VT Hard Crack Toffee to see if one of them will make an acceptable sub.

I'm really looking foward to trying this recipe!

It's a mystery...I had the caramel toffee in my cart at bcf and when I went to check out, they said they didn't have it in the size I picked so I deleted it from the order. I decided to check and see if there was another size of it available and it's not even listed on there now. Hangsen's Caramel Toffee has disappeared from BCF without a trace!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It's a mystery...I had the caramel toffee in my cart at bcf and when I went to check out, they said they didn't have it in the size I picked so I deleted it from the order. I decided to check and see if there was another size of it available and it's not even listed on there now. Hangsen's Caramel Toffee has disappeared from BCF without a trace!
They do that when it's completely oos.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have recently decided that I no longer like FW's Butter Pecan. Reason being is that it makes me feel as if I have a bad lung disease, or major bronchitis after I vape it. I've experimented all of the flavors in this recipe, and narrowed it down to the Butter Pecan.

I don't know why it does that, but it sucks, and takes 2 days to get over it. It didn't do that to me when I first started vaping it. But does now. It'd be nice to know what it is that causes the lung problem.

The replacement flavoring is Perilum Butter Pecan at the same % for now. Maybe it has something to do with the AP in it? IDFK. Sucked really bad. Others weren't bothered by it at all. But I was.

And the Hangsen CT, I had to get it from Nic River unfortunately. IDK if they still have it, but that is where I had to get it many months ago.

Update: Hangsen Caramel Toffee is available at NicRiv. Is there a reason why people don't like shopping with them? Is it because the moderators of this group own BCV, and NicRiv is a competitor or something? Just wanna know so I don't get shunned lol...

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have recently decided that I no longer like FW's Butter Pecan. Reason being is that it makes me feel as if I have a bad lung disease, or major bronchitis after I vape it. I've experimented all of the flavors in this recipe, and narrowed it down to the Butter Pecan.

I don't know why it does that, buy it sucks, and takes 2 days to get over it. It didn't do that to me when I first started vaping it. But does now. Be nice to know what it is that causes the lung problem.

The replacement flavoring is Perilum Butter Pecan at the same % for now. Maybe it has something to do with the AP in it? IDFK. Sucked really bad. Others weren't bothered by it at all. But I was.

And the Hangsen CT, I had to get it from Nic River unfortunately. IDK if they still have it, but that is where I had to get it many months ago.

I got the stuff in to make this yesterday. I'll be mixing it in a little while. I'll let you know if the FW Butter Pecan does me the same way. I didn't order the Purilum BP because BCF didn't have it. They also ran out of the HS Caramel Toffee just before I could place my order. I'm gonna try either VT English Toffee or VT Hard Crack Toffee as a sub until I can get the caramel toffee.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't know why it does that, buy it sucks, and takes 2 days to get over it. It didn't do that to me when I first started vaping it. But does now. Be nice to know what it is that causes the lung problem.

That really sucks. :eek: I've never experienced that before. I really like the Butter Pecan & use it a few recipes.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got the stuff in to make this yesterday. I'll be mixing it in a little while. I'll let you know if the FW Butter Pecan does me the same way. I didn't order the Purilum BP because BCF didn't have it. They also ran out of the HS Caramel Toffee just before I could place my order. I'm gonna try either VT English Toffee or VT Hard Crack Toffee as a sub until I can get the caramel toffee.
Lemme know about that Hard Crack Toffee. I’ve been eyeing it up, but haven’t pulled the trigger.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only DX flavor worth anything is Peanut Butter. The rest......blech. Especially Sweet Cream......IMO, of course.;)

I ordered the DX Bavarian a few months ago to make some recipe for my daughter. At the time I hadn't done my research and didn't know the DX flavors were the "safe" ones. I've got the real stuff 'spose to be here today.

Actually, the DX Bavarian isn't bad at all to me but I haven't been able to compare with the good stuff. I haven't used it a lot either, though, and when I did, it was in low amounts.

I've got several flavors coming today that I've been needing to order such as CAP sugar cookie, TFA Vanilla Cupcake, and TFA Malted Milk for several recipes I want to try.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered the DX Bavarian a few months ago to make some recipe for my daughter. At the time I hadn't done my research and didn't know the DX flavors were the "safe" ones. I've got the real stuff 'spose to be here today.

Actually, the DX Bavarian isn't bad at all to me but I haven't been able to compare with the good stuff. I haven't used it a lot either, though, and when I did, it was in low amounts.

I've got several flavors coming today that I've been needing to order such as CAP sugar cookie, TFA Vanilla Cupcake, and TFA Malted Milk for several recipes I want to try.
I’m not a fan of the “safe” flavors. Lol! They get pukey on me quick. I def like the regular ones much better. But whatever works, right!

Cap sugar cookie is a wonderful and versatile flavor! And both those TFA flavors are great, too! Gonna open up your recipe development!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m not a fan of the “safe” flavors. Lol! They get pukey on me quick. I def like the regular ones much better. But whatever works, right!

Cap sugar cookie is a wonderful and versatile flavor! And both those TFA flavors are great, too! Gonna open up your recipe development!

It's OK. I got the "real" TFA Bavarian Cream in this last order along with Dulce de leche and LB Vanilla ice cream. I'm looking forward to using all of these regularly. :)

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm actually surprised by the comments. The DX Sweet Cream in my opinion is the most realistic of all.

I've tried all of them (Sweet Creams), and I just find better results come from the DX. It's not trying to show off, meaning, it's not supposed to be something that by itself is amazing. I mean have you ever tasted sweet cream? It's nothing special.

In unicorn milk, I've tried all of the other creams, even the Caps Sweet Cream that the recipe calls for. None has came close to providing the dairy effect that recipe desperately needs. Additionally, the odor of the DX is somewhat putrid making it appear to be undesirable. But as for mixing in a creamy vape, that putrid note is key to nailing that certain dairy effect. And the mild sweetness in it makes it truly a great addition to a vape that needs "sweet cream".

And also, some say it's not better for you? I don't know about some of the detailed technical data, but not having dikatones should be a huge benefit for us all. I think with today's attacks on vaping, we should be going towards finding more "better for you products" IMO.

Last edited:

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know. The only DX anything I've got is DX Bavarian cream and I ordered that by accident. :)
I used to use the other sweet creams. But when I got the DX, it literally replaced all of the recipes I had calling for sweet cream.

For some reason, I got lucky. I must've figured out how to use it maybe.

@wildgypsy70 has been bashing my favorite cream flave :cry: I'm hoping someone will come to the rescue and back up my claims about it

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm actually surprised by the comments. The DX Sweet Cream in my opinion is the most realistic of all.

I've tried all of them (Sweet Creams), and I just find better results come from the DX. It's not trying to show off, meaning, it's not supposed to be something that by itself is amazing. I mean have you ever tasted sweet cream? It's nothing special.

In unicorn milk, I've tried all of the other creams, even the Caps Sweet Cream that the recipe calls for. None has came close to providing the dairy effect that recipe desperately needs. Additionally, the odor of the DX is somewhat putrid making it appear to be undesirable. But as for mixing in a creamy vape, that putrid note is key to nailing that certain dairy effect. And the mild sweetness in it makes it truly a great addition to a vape that needs "sweet cream".

And also, some say it's not better for you? I don't know about some of the detailed technical data, but not having dikatones should be a huge benefit for us all. I think with today's attacks on vaping, we should be going towards finding more "better for you products" IMO.
Be damned if I'll let anyone tell me what flavors to use. The levels of diketones we use are miniscule compared to the amounts they are tested at. If I was 20yo I might pay attention to the studies but not now.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be damned if I'll let anyone tell me what flavors to use. The levels of diketones we use are miniscule compared to the amounts they are tested at. If I was 20yo I might pay attention to the studies but not now.
I hear ya.

There was a recent (so called) study published by the New York Post claiming "vaping is more harmful than previously thought"
https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/vaping-might-be-more-dangerous-than-smoking/ .

It's so ridiculous. They're saying the same thing the other liar said. It concerns me because it's studies like these that catch the attentions of law makers. This sucks because the next thing you know, there's people telling us what we can't vape, and restrictions put on us that we hate to have to deal with. If there's nothing to complain about, then there's nothing to regulate.

Problem is, the lies that are propagated are tough to confront. I'm all for companies making flaves that are "safer". But when there's the jerks who lie about it, there needs to be someone who know's how to debunk it, and make it so that the masses are informed. It's pretty frustrating to see this unfold sometimes

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This guy "laurent Gaillard" New Member wrote me saying

"Hello
I am writing new recipes for the french site "Le diy pour les nuls" https://www.ldpln.com/
Do you agree for letting me use your recipes with of course your name appearing?"

Isn't this a public forum? I was wondering "Why ask?"

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I hear ya.

There was a recent (so called) study published by the New York Post claiming "vaping is more harmful than previously thought"
https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/vaping-might-be-more-dangerous-than-smoking/ .

It's so ridiculous. They're saying the same thing the other liar said. It concerns me because it's studies like these that catch the attentions of law makers. This sucks because the next thing you know, there's people telling us what we can't vape, and restrictions put on us that we hate to have to deal with. If there's nothing to complain about, then there's nothing to regulate.

Problem is, the lies that are propagated are tough to confront. I'm all for companies making flaves that are "safer". But when there's the jerks who lie about it, there needs to be someone who know's how to debunk it, and make it so that the masses are informed. It's pretty frustrating to see this unfold sometimes
The studies are the excuse law makers use to further their own agendas. The politicians know the truth.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
This guy "laurent Gaillard" New Member wrote me saying

"Hello
I am writing new recipes for the french site "Le diy pour les nuls" https://www.ldpln.com/
Do you agree for letting me use your recipes with of course your name appearing?"

Isn't this a public forum? I was wondering "Why ask?"
Personally I'd be gratified he asked. Not many would.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to use the other sweet creams. But when I got the DX, it literally replaced all of the recipes I had calling for sweet cream.

For some reason, I got lucky. I must've figured out how to use it maybe.

@wildgypsy70 has been bashing my favorite cream flave :cry: I'm hoping someone will come to the rescue and back up my claims about it
Oh no! I’m sorry! I don’t want to bash anything! If it’s your favorite, rock on! My own personal experience is much different. And maybe it is my inability to use it correctly, but all I got was puke from it. At any percentage, in any mix. In fact, for me, any DX flavoring(except peanut butter) has been bad for me. And most v2 Caps flavors, as well. Whatever works for you is awesome!

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh no! I’m sorry! I don’t want to bash anything! If it’s your favorite, rock on! My own personal experience is much different. And maybe it is my inability to use it correctly, but all I got was puke from it. At any percentage, in any mix. In fact, for me, any DX flavoring(except peanut butter) has been bad for me. And most v2 Caps flavors, as well. Whatever works for you is awesome!
Hehehehe JK with you.

When I used DX Sweet Cream for Caps Sweet Cream in Cuttwood Unicorn Milk, it gave it a far better dairy flavor. I've let both steep very long. But the DX shines better than the original Caps. I guarantee you, if you tried it, you'd see what I'm saying. Here is my rendition of Unicorn Milk if you never tried it, or seen it:
Unicorn Milk
8.5% - Juicy Strawberry - FlavourArt
3% - Vanilla Custard V1 - Capella
0.5% - New York Cheesecake - Capella
0.5% - Graham Cracker Clear - TFA
1.5% - Butter Cream - Capella
1.5% - DX Sweet Cream - TFA
1% - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Capella
2% - Blueberry - Flavor West or Lorann Lorann Blueberry is becoming my favorite. But any blueberry makes this recipe shine with fruity goodness

Enjoy!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lemme know about that Hard Crack Toffee. I’ve been eyeing it up, but haven’t pulled the trigger.

The hard crack toffee and english toffee are both good. I have to say I like the HCT a little better because it's got more of a "burnt sugar" edge to it. The English Toffee is more like the inside of a Heath bar. I've got to remix this recipe. I finally got all the right stuff to make it with.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The hard crack toffee and english toffee are both good. I have to say I like the HCT a little better because it's got more of a "burnt sugar" edge to it. The English Toffee is more like the inside of a Heath bar. I've got to remix this recipe. I finally got all the right stuff to make it with.
Hi! I haven’t seen you in a hot minute! Still haven’t pulled the trigger on the Hard Crack, but now I might.

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi! I haven’t seen you in a hot minute! Still haven’t pulled the trigger on the Hard Crack, but now I might.
Cool! Now I wanna try it haha
Be careful with the Aged Bourbon Cream, for it is a very powerful flave. I've been playing around with it and like trying different levels of concentration, and found anything over .75% will cause an unwanted note. Some like it with less, but I personally found .5 to .75% is ideal.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I got a new drawing tablet for my birthday and I've been hanging out on youtube and deviant art forums. I'm trying to get used to drawing and painting digitally. I'll try to get back into mixing before long. This last couple of months I've just mixed enough of my regulars to keep vaping.

I like the hard crack toffee. I've had some candy not too long ago that tastes just like it but I'll be danged if I can remember what was right now. I was gonna be sure to tell you about it is what makes it so bad. :(

VU Sponsors