Become a Patron!

Patton Oswalt Predicted the Opening of The Book of Boba Fett on Parks and Recreation Years Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
SPOILERS follow for the beginning of the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett!

Ratatouille's Patton Oswalt appeared on Parks and Recreation nearly nine years ago and incredibly predicted the opening of The Book of Boba Fett.

As reported by Collider, Oswalt's Garth Blunden - on Season 5, Episode 19 of Parks and Recreation - uses his dream scenario for how Boba Fett escaped certain death after falling in the Sarlacc pit as a filibuster. What he surely didn't realize at the time was just how right he was.

In the premiere episode of The Book of Boba Fett, the very first scene goes down exactly how Oswalt's Blunden describes. You can see the side-by-side here thanks to @LightsCameraPod.

Patton Oswalt absolutely nailed this prediction #BookofBobaFett

(Spoiler Warning) pic.twitter.com/oeudMrlLt6

— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) December 30, 2021

"We pan down from the twin suns of Tatooine," Oswalt said. "We are now close on the mouth of the Sarlacc pit. After a beat, the gloved Mandalorian armor gauntlet of Boba Fett grabs on to the sand outside the Sarlacc pit, and the feared bounty hunter pulls himself from the maw of the sand beast."

Oswalt himself acknowledged the similarities between the two by retweeting @LightsCameraPod's tweet, saying, "to say I'm touched it putting it lightly. And yeah, [HASH=10202]#bookofbobafett[/HASH] ROCKS. YOU'RE WELCOME."

Perhaps even more impressive is the fact that Oswalt mostly came up with this filibuster on the spot. In an interview with Observer, he was asked how much of this speech came from him as opposed to the writers.

"There was nothing in the script," Oswalt said. "All it was was 'Garth starts to begin to filibuster' and they told me 'Just do whatever you want...' They didn’t yell cut so I didn’t want to be unprofessional and stop, so the panic kind of locked in and I guess my response was to dump every bit of Star Wars and pop culture trivia I have in my brain. That’s like my equivalent of a squid emitting ink, I guess."

For more, check out our review of the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett and our look at how exactly he survived that Sarlacc pit.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors