Become a Patron!

Parallel Vs. Series...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did search around and found one previous thread and some scattered tidbits here and there, but I wanted to get some more detailed thought on the pros and cons of Parallel Vs. Series unregulated mechanical mods.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Parallel (DS-style): Good battery life for about 0.2ohm - 2days/2tanks.

Series (NC v1): Tame it down with coils around 1.2ohm, about 2 days of runtime.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Compared to a single battery unregulated with all other variables being the same (coil resistance, charge of the battery):

2 batteries in parallel share/halve the amp load

2 batteries in series Double the amp load

That's the deal from the perspective of the batteries

Parallel: double mAh

Series: double voltage

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@bx10r

On your Jmodz rig, which button did you get and how lite are we talking?

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot the option but it was a blue one it just felt really really flimsy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hmmm. One thing I wish is that there was a pic and more detail on the options like that. I just picked the most allegedly durable one that was available for no added cost.

Last edited:

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. One thing I wish is that was a pic and more detail on the options like that. I just picked the most allegedly durable one that was available for no added cost.
I guess the fact i was using a hex v2 and v3 didnt help. Their buttins are swesome

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess the fact i was using a hex v2 and v3 didnt help. Their buttins are swesome

There's like literally 20 different kinds of buttons you can pick.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Compared to a single battery unregulated with all other variables being the same (coil resistance, charge of the battery):

2 batteries in parallel share/halve the amp load

2 batteries in series Double the amp load

That's the deal from the perspective of the batteries

Parallel: double mAh

Series: double voltage
And para-series is a pair of parallels run in series.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was trying to say 2 sets of 2 in parallel with the sets run in series. I think. Right? :idea:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the vape mail thread:
--------------------------------------
I mean to tell ya. This mod right here ain't no joke. Not only exquisite manufacturing, but about 3 pounds of spares too. $50. And the Iconic RDA for 10 bucks. Man, Direct Vapor had some great deals.
20181203_183734_cr-jpg.125653

20181203_183748_cr-jpg.125654

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never leave home without one
fda6b0e160d9f16218364e4b5c3d6fc2.jpg

I'm looking this device over, playing with the parts etc. and it's brilliant. At least it seems that way to my limited understanding. The quality jumps out at you.

The only possible standout is the bottle, which I feel certain I can improve at some point.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Simple
Parallel - around 3.8V, more amps for lower builds and great battery life.
Series - around 8V for lots of power for fatty coils higher ohm builds like around 4 - 5 on up builds. A Series Mod will slap you silly.

All depends on your batteries.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking this device over, playing with the parts etc. and it's brilliant. At least it seems that way to my limited understanding. The quality jumps out at you.

The only possible standout is the bottle, which I feel certain I can improve at some point.
Good luck..i like the bottles

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the DS-style, all I did was chuck out their bottle; pulled at the crazy press-fit 'nipple' that had stuck on the bottom of the 510, and bang! I was able to route the silicone line from a silicone soft-bottle right into the old aperture.

Now, when I take it down about once a month, the whole top comes off with the bottle swinging around, but it doesn't pretend to squonk; it doesn't leak anymore; and it's nice and soft. I filled that threaded bottom hole up with epoxy-putty and a penny: now it's just a breeze to loosen two 'screws' to allow the slide-plate to come out; swap cells; and reverse.

Vandy-vape bottle to refill - problems solved.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's OK. I know I am Right - I'm not bleeding, sporting stitches, or sitting in an Emergency Room. ;-P

(Mind you, mine is a DS-Style - the better one from 3fvape. The "authentic" bottles alone cost what I spent for my entire mod 'kit')

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know, all of THIS STUFF is pretty reasonable EXCEPT the obscene price of 20 dollars for a single silicone bottle.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's OK. I know I am Right - I'm not bleeding, sporting stitches, or sitting in an Emergency Room. ;-P

(Mind you, mine is a DS-Style - the better one from 3fvape. The "authentic" bottles alone cost what I spent for my entire mod 'kit')
Yours is a clone?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the engraved version that 3fVape carries. Plus the cheapest damned silicone bottles I could add to the order.
I take it it's working out for you.
Apparently there are some really bad clones floating around according to what I was reading on Reddit the other day.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also think I read somewhere that the defiant designs version improved upon some of the shortcomings of the original driptech version. I think. It's hard to keep track of what I read about what anymore.

VU Sponsors