Become a Patron!

Parallel coil vs regular coil

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mainly I want to know the advantages, what are the advantages of running a dual parallel coil? I'm thinking of doing 6 wraps In a dual parallel with .24 awg kanthal but I wanna know what to expect, more clouds, flavor or ect ect. Thanks

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A parallel coil will have more surface area and a lower resistance (assuming both single coil and parallel coil have same number of wraps/ID/etc.). More surface area means there's more wire to heat the juice with, which in turn leads to the potential for more vapor and flavor.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just put it in a mutation v4 with two samsung r25 batteries at about .095 ohms, its a BEAST. Hottest vape I ever had! Easy to build (kinda) and well worth the time if you love super hot vape and epic clouds and flavor. Thanks!

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you got one on m8! All parallel does is act as an additional coil. So if you're running duall parallels, think of it as 4 coils (resistance wise). Great for dropping your resistance. The fun part is experimenting w/ different size wire and adding more strands (4 strand 28+ guage is awesome).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just put it in a mutation v4 with two samsung r25 batteries at about .095 ohms, its a BEAST. Hottest vape I ever had! Easy to build (kinda) and well worth the time if you love super hot vape and epic clouds and flavor. Thanks!

Just be very careful, you're at the limit of the batteries. A 0.1ohm coil draws 44A, so 20A cells in parallel will give you 40A in a perfect world, more like 30A-35A. Even though "Pulse" Amps will give you some momentary headway, this is a build that will require constant monitoring of the batteries.

Just be safe.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just be very careful, you're at the limit of the batteries. A 0.1ohm coil draws 44A, so 20A cells in parallel will give you 40A in a perfect world, more like 30A-35A. Even though "Pulse" Amps will give you some momentary headway, this is a build that will require constant monitoring of the batteries.

Just be safe.
This^

General rule on parallel batteries is the second doesn't double the amp rating but adds 50%, so 2 20amps make a 30amp rating not 40a. That's the safety guideline, it can be pushed but you're entering into the dangerous territory at that point. 25r's are actually higher than 20 amp though and I wouldn't be surprised if around 35amps is still quite safe, those batteries can take a beating. I wouldn't use them as 30amp cells but they are nice.

Basically if you want to be safe try adding an extra wrap or dropping a guage and trying to get to .13-.14Ω. You'll drop from the ~144w to ~105w but you'll be much safer and that should still provide a very nice vape, I'd even say better as far as my opinion (warm vape vs hot/burning vape). I'd at least get to .11Ω (up to 38amps, and about 124w), but I'd advise that .13-.14Ω.

This^

General rule on parallel batteries is the second doesn't double the amp rating but adds 50%, so 2 20amps make a 30amp rating not 40a. That's the safety guideline, it can be pushed but you're entering into the dangerous territory at that point. 25r's are actually higher than 20 amp though and I wouldn't be surprised if around 35amps is still quite safe, those batteries can take a beating. I wouldn't use them as 30amp cells but they are nice.

Basically if you want to be safe try adding an extra wrap or dropping a guage and trying to get to .13-.14Ω. You'll drop from the ~144w to ~105w but you'll be much safer and that should still provide a very nice vape, I'd even say better as far as my opinion (warm vape vs hot/burning vape). I'd at least get to .11Ω (up to 38amps, and about 124w), but I'd advise that .13-.14Ω.
Two 20A batteries in parallel would be 40A. Where are you getting your maths?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two 20A batteries in parallel would be 40A. Where are you getting your maths?
Various different battery safety videos/posts. Yes in theory it'd be 40amps, but we know it's going to be less and like most safety regulations they're given at a "this is almost for sure safe" rather than finding that max limit. Calculating them as a 50% upgrade is almost sure to give you extra wiggle room where calculating it as double is almost sure to find you having issues. We also know that vaping is more about pulse ratings but we use CDRs because we rather be safe and it should prevent any issues if for some reason the box starts firing continuously (falls, stuck button, whatever). It's a safety recommendation to make sure people don't blow themselves up, not an actual figure, meaning you can push it, but do so at your own risk. Want to max out some samsung 25r's yeah you can probably get 50amps out of them in parallel vaping on them, but its your hands/face that's at risk.

VU Sponsors