Become a Patron!

Panzer Clone from AngelCigs problem - anyone else?

So I just picked up the AngelCigs Panzer Clone and while I really like the heft of it, the threading is nice and smooth, the finish is great, etc... If I snugly attach any of the tanks I use it shorts when firing. I have tried it in all 3 modes with numerous different tanks and batteries...

I literally have to screw it down and then back it off just slightly for it to work... So while I can make it work; the tank is a little loose and as I use it the tank invariably twists a little in one direction or another and I can either get a dead hit or worse the mod goes to superheated in my hand unexpectedly...

My big question is: Is this a common Panzer problem or did I get a wonky one from AngelCigs? The thing is so darned simple I don't see what could be causing the short when I inspect it...the firing pin is totally solid inside and it does not matter whether I loosen the interior adjustment screw to have no battery rattle or slight rattle.

Ok, I think I might have figured it out by reading discussions on FT about one of their Panzer clones. The Firing Pin could be too large and so it shorts out by making contact with both the outside and the center pin on the tank... :(

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it is one with the floating pin, you should be able to push (knock) it out of the delrin. Then you can easily sand it down to your liking. I got their blue Panzer. No problem with it being too big as to cause shorts, but it is tight in the delrin making it not exactly 'float'.

DH350nWo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got one from eBay where the pin was threaded into the delrin, and the delrin was threaded into the cap. It destroyed a Nautilus because it fired straight away and I couldn't disconnect the battery fast enough. I later encountered a Black Hawk with the same.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same Mod. I picked it up a few minutes ago & it was really HOT. Can't hold it hot. Found the problem. The pin that un screws in the cap and over use loosened to the point of contact with the battery. I took 2 tiny O rings and placed it so it screws snug against the cap. Won't move danger averted.

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap.. what kinda Panzer is that.. so I can avoid it.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy crap.. what kinda Panzer is that.. so I can avoid it.
Here it is. Just a SS Mod. Made by MCV Philippines is printed on the cap. You can see the tiny O rings I used as spacers on the pin. It's made so heavy I doubt it would catch fire, but you never know. 0812141449.jpg

VU Sponsors