Own coils?

Zerosmoke

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going to keeo it short and hopegully get an answer

My device is eleaf ipower 80w
Love it!!
I have an aspire cleito120 tank with the the aspire coils120

Im done paying 30 bucks for a pack of 5 and thats if i dont get a lemon.
What begginer rba you advise me to start so it will mimic my clieto tank?
I heard ss is the best but harder to bend?
Im more of a flavour guy
Been lookong this to start with
https://vaping.com/tanks/digiflavor-pharaoh-rta

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Love it!!

Im more of a flavour guy
If you don't mind my asking... where are you from that you're paying $30 for a pack of Aspire coils? Those are running between $10-17 in the US.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well to be honest
looking at the cleito 120
it seem sit only uses .16 clapton coils
possibly SS
but to get that low on a single coil even using SS you are probably looking at a fused clapton with a small ID and only 4 or so wraps

If that the way you want to do it the pharoh isnt a bad idea but it is limited to only using single coils as is and you have to buy a different deck to do dual coils

but since you are new to all this and not sure what you want just yet
here are my suggestions
1. check out advancedvapesupply.com for prebuilt SS clapton coils
either get several different wraps and IDs of fused clapton coils
or grab a set of coil rods with various diameters 2,2.5,3,.5 and get yourself either a small spool of premade SS fused clapton wire or some of their assortments of different clapton wires and wrap your own coils so you cna try different amounts of wraps and IDs easily

2. As far as the RTA to start with
Since you dont know if you prefer single or dual coil setups go with a tank that has different decks or the ability to do both single and dual coils
and since the pharoh is only single coil AS IS and youd have to buy a seperate deck to try dual coil,go with the griffin AIO. BASICALLY the same rta, made by same company I believe but the griffin AIO comes with both the dual coil velocity deck and the same single coil deck that is standard with the pharoh

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
i like to recommend kanger toptank or subtank mini as a first RBA tank set up. Basically.. it comes with a small coil, like you are used to using, but the top screws off so you can replace the coil and wick. Single coil though. I have used a dual coil, but tbh, you get better results using a parallel coil.
avoid the beast and baby beasts, they might be to large for a first tank. There is a huge difference between a small 0.30 ohm coil and a dual 0.30 coil.

Zerosmoke

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am thinking about single coil deck to start with my question is what ID and wire should i start with
Like i said im using eleaf istick power 80watts 5000mah
And i wanna be able to vape most of the day
Im assuming i need 24g or 26g for my clapton wire?
Gbalkam in the kanger top tank i would be able to put pre wraopeded coils if i order them online? before i try to wrao myself so i can see how it should look like

Anybody else with any suggestion
Btw qhere can i get a basic tool kit?nothing g fancy

Last edited:

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Love it!!

Im more of a flavour guy

Welcome fellow canuck!

The Digiflavor Pharoah RTA got good reviews, but to get most bang for buck, review attys from Flavour Chaser corner then see what's available locally (in Canada) or from GearBest if you are willing to wait 2-3 months for delivery.

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/flavor-chasers-corner.555/

Why not get the Cleito120 RBA section so you can practice DIYing your own coils; here's one local source ...
https://www.dashvapes.com/products/...ire+cleito+120++rta+system/1579/14064#reviews

Its cheaper and gets you some build experience to compare (flavor) vs stock coils. For starters get some 24ga round Kantha A1 wire, various mini screwdrivers to coil wire ($2, dollar stores), heavy-duty toenail cutters to trim wires ($1, Dollar stores), Quo organic cotton ($5, ShoppersDrugMart). Then, learn to use this site to build desired coil ...

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html

Your eLeaf is very forgiving and will not fire if you short the atty. So, feel free to experiment and explore the other resources of VU.

Zerosmoke

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does the rba cleito 120 i can use only kanthal?or fused claptons as well?
Guess what im rlly aski g is can i use any type of wire in it?cuz if so u think i will try the rba cleito 120

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Does the rba cleito 120 i can use only kanthal?or fused claptons as well?
Guess what im rlly aski g is can i use any type of wire in it?cuz if so u think i will try the rba cleito 120
The short answer is yes, you can use any wire in any RBA/RTA/Build Deck. I use nothing but stainless steel now, but early on I was using kanthal, nichrome, nickel, and titanium. Personally, I use 26 guage wire, anything smaller (28/30/32/etc.) is too small and fragile for my use, and anything larger (24/22/20/etc.) is too thick for me to work with and difficult sometimes to secure in the atomizer, especially if it has small holes/screws.

Try a variety of wires until you figure out which type works best for you.

HTH!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Adding my own small amount of wisdom here.

Very Small Indeed.

I will let the other members recommend RTA's for you but I want to add my own 2 Cents worth on using Pre-Made coils for them.

I used to wrap my own coils but pretty much abandoned that when I tried some Pre-Made 24g stainless steel 316L wire claptoned with 36g Kanthal A1 wire and then wrapped around a 3mm rod, six wraps. Measured in at .37 ohms coils that I purchase from this place.....

https://twistedcoils.myshopify.com/...steel-316l-rda-rba-coils-twisted-coils-cotton.

Pack of 10 coils (with cotton) is $7.49 including $&H charges.

I am now on month #4 of using my existing coil.

I try to replace the wick and dry burn every after every 2-3 tanks.

I think the key is to dry burn the coils around 23 watts. Let the coil get to glowing red, wait for it to cool back down and repeat this process until the coil is clean.

And also, it really is not that difficult to replace a coil in most of the most recent RTA's on today's market.

Not to mention that if I can do this, ANYONE can do it!

Just my 2 cents.....................

VU Sponsors