Become a Patron!

Orphan Tears

MagnumPIE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been trying to clone Orphan Tears by Fuzion Vapor for a couple months now but I have hit a wall. My closest try thus far has been:

Bavarian Cream (TFA) 4%
French Vanilla (TFA) 4%
Kiwi (FA) 2%
Strawberry (not Ripe) (TFA) 3.5%
Strawberries and Cream (TFA) 3%
Smooth (TFA) 2 Drops per 10ML

This makes a pretty decent vape but its just not Orphan Tears. For anyone looking for a good strawberry Kiwi this recipe works well, but there are more subtle notes in Orphan's that I just cant seem to nail down. I was thinking they might use a healthy amount of MTS Vape Wizard because it has a very prevalent mouth feel and fullness to the vapor...but alas all my efforts have been moot thus far so I am turning to the master mixers on VU for advice/ideas. Please help! And thanks in advance for any advice!

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The original maker was Grand Vapors in Vegas. The flavor profile is still listed on the GV site and you're missing cinnamon as the undertone. You're also missing Cap v1 custard. The kiwi is TFA kiwi double, the strawberry is the ripe version.....how do I know? Insider info my friend.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original maker was Grand Vapors in Vegas. The flavor profile is still listed on the GV site and you're missing cinnamon as the undertone. You're also missing Cap v1 custard. The kiwi is TFA kiwi double, the strawberry is the ripe version.....how do I know? Insider info my friend.
Agree 100%, once it steeps....it's spot on.

MagnumPIE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once what steeps? Is there a recipe out there I don't know about? The cinnamon must be a VERY small amount because I can never taste cinnamon in Orphan Tears. I thought it was in the description simply to throw people off lol. Any more of this insider info would be greatly appreciate...perhaps more precise info? ;)

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Once what steeps? Is there a recipe out there I don't know about? The cinnamon must be a VERY small amount because I can never taste cinnamon in Orphan Tears. I thought it was in the description simply to throw people off lol. Any more of this insider info would be greatly appreciate...perhaps more precise info? ;)

Not really anything more to "report" so to speak. I worked for GV for a couple weeks in the lab this past fall and while I learned a huge amount of how to make flavors and mixing, what brand of flavoring GV used most, etc., Tears was one juice that wasn't even in the recipe book. It was in the owner's head as well under lock and key on his personal PC.

The cinnamon is on the exhale and as the flavor profile tells us, the higher the heat and ohms, the more strawberry or kiwi comes out, go down in heat and ohms and the other flavor comes out more pronounced so it's encouraged to change it up so you get to experience all the flavors in Tears.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1% of cinnamon what? Cinnamon flavor? cinnamon spice? cinnamon danish? (assuming it's TFA)
I use mt baker cinnamon roll, tfa strawberry, tfa double kiwi and Capella vanilla custard v2. After steeping, tastes just like orphan tears.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use mt baker cinnamon roll, tfa strawberry, tfa double kiwi and Capella vanilla custard v2. After steeping, tastes just like orphan tears.
Excellent, thanks!

I'm pretty sure MBV Cinnamon roll is Flavor West and I've got that. TFA Strawberry - so the regular version (not ripe)

Totally gonna make this today and try it out, sounds terrific. thanks again :)

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although I like the ripe better...just the regular version for this recipe. But, to be honest, I have not tried it with the ripe. Heck, it might be better.

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@StanM, what percentages if I may ask? Nevermind, I forgot you already gave those LOL! Happy Monday huh?

Last edited:

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also adjusted it to our liking. So, try it and see. You might want to adjust the percentages to what you like. But, I wouldn't go more than a couple percent and never adjusted the custard and cinnamon. Those two were always constant at 5% and 1%

MagnumPIE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried the recipe and let it steep for a week. Sitting side by side in two different drippers with this recipe and orphans tears I can definitely say the cinnamon is way to noticeable. Orphan tears I barely taste any cinnamon whatsoever, if at all, but this clone recipe it is very prevalent. I'm gonna try cutting it down to .5% and go from there...still some tinkering to do to get it just right.

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interested enough to do this with FA Strawberry & FA Kiwi and see what happens.

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
OK does anyone know what or if I can convey my frustration by saying WTF instead of just "what" happened to Orphan Tears? It is not on Fuzion's site!!! 2 years ago (maybe 3 by now) when I first was told about it I remember FUZION was not the original creator and that they bought the recipe and rights from the actual creator. Now I have no idea if that has any truth to it but I mention it as a possible clue as to why FUZION does not sell it anymore. Maybe they do sell it yet but not online? Maybe the 2 hours of hunting on their site I just did was NOT thorough enough and I missed it? Damn it there are not many juices that I love and will always stay stocked up on but Orphan Tears was kind of one of them. I usually bought 4x60mls at a time and would vape the first 2 bottles pretty quick and then I would take a break for maybe as little as a month and as long as 4 months if I forgot about it. I am kind of an over buyer when it comes to juice so I do kind of lose track of what I have but this was a juice that if I forgot about it and re-discovered it in my collection I would break it out and vape my face off with it. HOWEVER today I went to order more and FAIL! Not listed on the site at all. It was not listed showing sold out-it was just non-existent, poof, vanished, over, ka-put, gone! Hallelujah! Holy Shit! where's the Tylenol? kind of gone (yes a Chevy quote) Does anyone know what happened or where to buy some???

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Dr PennsylvaPia The original Orphan Tears was part of the Orphan line; Orphan Tears, Orphan Blood, and Orphan Sweat. It was created by Neil Ranzoni, owner of Grand Vapors. They sold Orphan Tears to Fuzion. Although I can not verify if Fuzion still makes it. Grand vapors makes two juices using the same recipe(minus a few tweaks). They are named Pirate Parrot and Snail trail. http://www.grandvapors.com/BExclusive-FlavorsB_c_40.html

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
@Dr PennsylvaPia The original Orphan Tears was part of the Orphan line; Orphan Tears, Orphan Blood, and Orphan Sweat. It was created by Neil Ranzoni, owner of Grand Vapors. They sold Orphan Tears to Fuzion. Although I can not verify if Fuzion still makes it. Grand vapors makes two juices using the same recipe(minus a few tweaks). They are named Pirate Parrot and Snail trail. http://www.grandvapors.com/BExclusive-FlavorsB_c_40.html

Thank You very much. I will give them a shot.

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
Did you get to try Snail Trail sir? If not shoot me a message either on facebook or give us a call The number is on our site).
Talk about timing and coincidence. I just found Grand Vapors hunting for Orphan Tears on Google and sent an email. What is the difference between Snail Trail and Pirate Parrot ? They look the same as far as what is in them but there has to be something different or you would not have both listed for sale on the site but I can't tell what it is can you explain the difference please?

VU Sponsors