Become a Patron!

Orion Q questions

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
So I bought an Orion Q as a good travel vape when I go to concerts and such. So far I like it but sometimes I swear these pods don’t last long and I’ve done a ton o research about unscrewing the fillcap to get the air bubbles out and using toothpicks to fluff and pull out the cotton. Are there other tricks to this? I’ve been using the lowest mic Rainboe Road Vapetasia Nic Salt and I don’t know if I should be using regular juice? I was told that Nic Salts absorb easier into the device and so far I do like using it a lot for the hit it gives but I’d hate to be shortening pod life using the wrong juice.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had any issues with mine, but the forum member who gave it to me had the same problem you seem to be having. I do like the device. The size is perfect for stealth vaping at work or other places. Flavor is ok.

I've been using 70/30 vg/pg juice and not sure what ratio the previous owner was using. Maybe it's some bad pods, but no clue.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
I haven't had any issues with mine, but the forum member who gave it to me had the same problem you seem to be having. I do like the device. The size is perfect for stealth vaping at work or other places. Flavor is ok.

I've been using 70/30 vg/pg juice and not sure what ratio the previous owner was using. Maybe it's some bad pods, but no clue.

Do you just fill it up and vape it or is there a sitting period or a ritual you go through beforehand?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you just fill it up and vape it or is there a sitting period or a ritual you go through beforehand?
My standard practice with all coils, except for RDAs and RTAs is to fill and let sit for 10-15 minutes then vape. I guess it could be called a ritual. Of course the Orion Q is the only thing I use that is not user rebuildable. I used to follow the same procedure when I did use tanks with factory coils.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know this is late but I have the dna go, Was going through pods like crazy using 70/30, switched to 50/50 have not done killed a pod in months....

VU Sponsors