Become a Patron!

Orion Q Kit Review - Jack of All Trades, Master of None

h3HDbr2.jpg

The QUEST Orion Q is the latest pod-style device from Lost Vape in China. I believe the Q is based on the original Orion DNA but utilizes a proprietary chipset that is both cheaper and lacking in functionality compared to it’s predecessor. However, this device has been built to meet a certain price point and as such, features and chipsets have been changed or removed to lower the cost.

Quick Technical

- Pod style system (refillable 2ml x 1.0 Ω Coils )

- 950mAh Battery (USB charging)

- Mouth to Lung (MTL) or Direct to Lung Vaping (DTL)

Quick Review

So I purchased this kit about two weeks ago and have run through approximately 100mL of juice. I can honestly say that I’ve given it a fair go and for several reasons, this device will be retired early.

Firstly, I’d like to start with the positives. I love the design and feel of the Orion Q. I opted for the black with black weave and it’s definitely sleek. I work in a B2B industry as a full-time Sales Manager and I would have no hesitations to use this during a professional setting. Compared to it’s competitors, it also has a very good battery life and comes in a variety of colors which is very cool and gives a unique aesthetic.

On to the negatives, as the title suggests - this device is in my opinion the “Jack of All Trades, Master of None” in the sense that it has both MTL and DTL vaping methods but it does neither very well. As I try and DTL this device, I really have to strain my lungs to get a solid vape, it’s that difficult. After using this for two weeks, I feel like I’ve had to force a lung full every single time. The airholes are simply too small for a smooth direct inhaling experience yet too open for the MTL, even when adjusting it to the tiniest space available.

I’ve tried many juices through this, using several different pods (I picked up 3 x 2 pod packs) and every single combination gave a flooding and spitting coil. In my experience, while trying to DTL it was like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose while standing in front of a frying pan spitting hot grease. It was truly that unpleasant at times.

I’ve watched several reviews on this device before I purchased it and ultimately I believe that many where biased based on their experiences with the Orion DNA, although this is just my opinion (sorry lads!).

Quick Pros

- Sleek and small design

- 2mL refillable pods

- Cheaper than the Orion DNA

- Adjustable Airflow

- Direct to Lung Drip Trip

- Solid and strong build

Quick Cons

- Too restricted for a pleasant DTL Vape

- Too weak for a pleasant MTL Vape

- Coils flood frequently and spit at times

- No variable power settings

Quick Conclusion

Personally I wouldn’t recommend this device, it doesn’t have the same MTL experience as the Aspire K3 nor the DTL experience that you could get from a uWell Crown 3. I believe there is a market for it but I wouldn’t know who that would be and why they would pick the Orion Q over one of the devices I mentioned above.

Quick Score

4/10 (Great design, terrible vaping experience)

Quick Disclaimer

I bought this device with my own money, it was not provided as a sample and as such I am completely unbiased. I hope that my quick and no nonsense approach will be welcomed in the community and I look forward to any criticisms & feedback on my review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors