Origen genny v2 Taste Issues

KingKut92

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all,

Just picked up an Origen genny v2 mkii and threw a build in it. Dual 26g, 8 wraps, with cotton as a wick and it came out to .55. I am having no dry hit troubles at all which I am very pleased with seeing as this is my first genny and first time building on one. However, I am getting almost no flavor, its kinda just not there. I am vaping glas glazed 6mg out of it right now and just getting little to no flavor, tastes like im vaping unflavored juice.

My only thought is, im used to vaping 3mg juice, I have since i started vaping over a year ago. I have had glas glazed in 3mg before and really enjoyed it, figured 6mg should be the same. I have no idea if the change in nic level has anything to do with this, but I just don't know whats going on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

aje81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is interesting. I personally have the same atomizer and it is honestly my favorite one, it beats out my Hurricane v1.3, Aqua V2, Aqua SE, Squape Rs, and any other atomizer I have. Which I posted all this in a thread below. So I am shocked that you are getting muted flavor out of this atomizer with the coils being so close to your mouth hole. I would highly recommend that you try out some mesh on this atomizer even if you have never dealt with mesh or never planned on using mesh. I did a dual coil 5 wrap 26g on some mesh and it came out to .4 ohms and is just an amazing vape. I recommend checking out Jong Yeol Kim's Youtube channel and watching his Origen build videos. They are a little time consuming to do but they really do work well.

As far as the 6mg vs 3mg I would assume that the 6mg would have just a touch more flavor and not the other way around. That is just my experience unless Glas is making e-liquid that is not consistent from batch to batch.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be a bit on the hot side, flavors getting muted by heat. Normally I build my genny's with SS cable with a wrap of SS 400 mesh on the last 1/4 inch to wrap my coil around.

aje81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might be a bit on the hot side, flavors getting muted by heat. Normally I build my genny's with SS cable with a wrap of SS 400 mesh on the last 1/4 inch to wrap my coil around.
Interesting... So do you think SS cable wicks better than the mesh does? I have never used cable but have considered trying some out. I just have never had too much issue with mesh so I never broke down and bought cable. With a low resistance build on the origen in mesh mode my wicking just keeps up like a champ and is one of the most satisfying vapes I have ever had. Tough to change that up when it works sooo well. I do throw a cotton build in it from time to time when I'm in the mood but always wish I just took the time to use mesh.

Did I mention I love this atomizer? It is my daily driver and lives in my Carhartt cell phone pocket and I never get leaking. Norbert hit it out of the park with this device and yes I am a fanboy.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SS cable wicks like a demon. far better than just mesh IMHO. I have a Kracken V2 I am quite fond of, love the adjustable airflow. Just make sure you torch the crap out of it, get the whole thing glowing red and then quench in water. Add a single wrap of mesh where you will wind your coil, and you are ready to go.

KingKut92

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually emulated Jong Yeol Kim's cotton build to some extent. Even vaping it at the same watts he does, just such poor flavor. Very disappointing, but it can't be the atomizer.

KingKut92

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lets put it this way, I came home last night, and hit my 13 heavens 9 hell by compvape rda with a pretty cloudy build on it, and was getting better flavor. I was using different juice however, going to rewick and try the glas on there, see if i can't narrow it down.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all,

Just picked up an Origen genny v2 mkii and threw a build in it. Dual 26g, 8 wraps, with cotton as a wick and it came out to .55. I am having no dry hit troubles at all which I am very pleased with seeing as this is my first genny and first time building on one. However, I am getting almost no flavor, its kinda just not there. I am vaping glas glazed 6mg out of it right now and just getting little to no flavor, tastes like im vaping unflavored juice.

My only thought is, im used to vaping 3mg juice, I have since i started vaping over a year ago. I have had glas glazed in 3mg before and really enjoyed it, figured 6mg should be the same. I have no idea if the change in nic level has anything to do with this, but I just don't know whats going on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
cotton in a genny is an abomination..a novelty to be sure, but an abomination at the end of the day....try using ss mesh in it and the flavor will improve greatly.

aje81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cotton in a genny is an abomination..a novelty to be sure, but an abomination at the end of the day....try using ss mesh in it and the flavor will improve greatly.
That is a pretty harsh word to use for using cotton in a genny. I wouldnt quite put it that way but I do agree that using cotton in some of these gennies is really not the best use of materials. But it def doesn't disgust me that people do this and I often use cotton in my Origenny. But I personally think that the Origenny is in a totally separate class being that it is designed for cotton and mesh wicking.

I am still amazed that your flavor is so poor in the Origen with cotton. It really doesn't add up. As you stated it cannot be the atomizer.

VU Sponsors