Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now your just teasing me dude! Im so anxious to try it and add it to my small collection of dual coil rta's.
By far my longest running setup. These two have been together for months.
u64J8qi.jpg

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've have a .18 26ga titanium build in it with the tcr at 400. 480 degrees f at 80 joules. The most consistently awesome setup I have personal experience with.
Ive never tried titanium but have thought about it because the only thing I can vape is kanthal due to how i react horribly to anything with nickel in it. Even the small amount of nickel in SS makes me sick.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I think of it, that tank has been the best and most trouble free single piece of vaping equipment I own. And I have quite a bit now actually.
Zero drama. Magnificent performance.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive never tried titanium but have thought about it because the only thing I can vape is kanthal due to how i react horribly to anything with nickel in it. Even the small amount of nickel in SS makes me sick.
it's worth a shot. I got a 25 foot spool of 26 from Lightning Vapes for 2 bucks during the holidays and it's actually really good. It's not a revolutionary, universe denting improvement over other good wire, but it IS clean tasting and very pleasant to vape with if setup right. .

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it's worth a shot. I got a 25 foot spool of 26 from Lightning Vapes for 2 bucks during the holidays and it's actually really good. It's a not a revolutionary, universe denting improvement over other good wire, but it IS clean tasting and very pleasant to vape with if setup right. .
Think I'll give a go when I finish up my KA1 and ready to order more wire.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I'll give a go when I finish up my KA1 and ready to order more wire.
It's not even expensive and the simple round wire build I'm running works great. Everybody says TC only for titanium. I'm not as settled in my conviction in that regard as others are, but I'm also not going to recommend using it in power mode either.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not even expensive and the simple round wire build I'm running works great. Everybody says TC only for titanium. I'm not as settled in my conviction in that regard as others are, but I'm also not going to recommend using it in power mode either.
TC wouldnt be problem for me since all my mods have TC for titanium. I'll definately give it a try. I think I could still do TC using titanium for cores and KA1 for clapton/alien outer wraps. Not sure and I'll have to check the wire thread here on VU.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC wouldnt be problem for me since all my mods have TC for titanium. I'll definately give it a try. I think I could still do TC using titanium for cores and KA1 for clapton/alien outer wraps. Not sure and I'll have to check the wire thread here on VU.
That reminds. I need to find who has high gauge titanium wire.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its' pretty tough so it might not Clapton the best.
Come to think of it we might not find higher Gage titanium wire for vaping since a higher Gage would heat up much faster and get hotter than the cores that the temp control works off of.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew about Temco, but I thought they only had Kanthal or something like that. Been a while. I may have to grab some 34 ga.

They been around forever, and no wondering about Chino quality. Utterly clean wire and very nice people too. They don't advert to vapers like they used to since Deeming, but they know damn well where it goes. ;):)

They are the Mouser of Wire.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
:bliss: :cloud::cloud::cloud:

Expected Delivery by:
Saturday16 March 2019 Expected delivery by the date provided is based on the origin and destination of your package. Delivery on a specific day is not guaranteed. by
8:00pm The timeframe provided is the estimated timeframe when the carrier will attempt to deliver your package.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I forgot to update my situation with my order that was 2 months and going that I was bitching about towards the beginning of this thread. So I contacted 3avape and they stayed in communication and sent me a full refund. I'm happy with their communication and cannot blame the company for what happened after it left their facility. I feel they are definitely a stand up company.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
:bliss: :cloud::cloud::cloud:

Expected Delivery by:
Saturday16 March 2019 Expected delivery by the date provided is based on the origin and destination of your package. Delivery on a specific day is not guaranteed. by
8:00pm The timeframe provided is the estimated timeframe when the carrier will attempt to deliver your package.

shoot that in the ass. that's what I get for being optimistic, I know better.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to update my situation with my order that was 2 months and going that I was bitching about towards the beginning of this thread. So I contacted 3avape and they stayed in communication and sent me a full refund. I'm happy with their communication and cannot blame the company for what happened after it left their facility. I feel they are definitely a stand up company.
One of my orders from them disappeared altogether after they shipped it in early January.

They resent the order, but the Wormhole rda that was in the order was no longer in stock, so they gave me the choice of a store credit or refund for that item. I used the store credit toward my Mage V2 Tube Stack. Which I now have. The original order now resent is one of the ones in Chicago.

Given the situation they have to work with over there, I am fully satisfied with the way 3avape came through. It was neither my fault nor theirs, but it's good form on their part taking the hit and not making the customer eat the loss. I respect that.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not bad... I should get it Monday.
That'd be like 12-ish days from Efun using the free option. . :)

Code:
March 16, 2019, 4:30 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
<mycity>  WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in <mycity> WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 16, 2019 at 4:30 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 16, 2019, 3:07 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
<mycity> WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2019
In Transit to Next Facility

March 14, 2019, 7:38 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
BURLINGAME, CA 94010

March 13, 2019, 10:53 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
March 7, 2019, 4:32 am
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

March 6, 2019, 9:04 pm
Acceptance
CHINA

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not bad... I should get it Monday.
That'd be like 12-ish days from Efun using the free option. . :)

Code:
<mycity>  WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in <mycity> WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 16, 2019 at 4:30 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

<mycity> WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2019

Arrived at USPS Facility
BURLINGAME, CA 94010

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

Acceptance
CHINA
I have never EVER gotten ANY order that fast from China.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have never EVER gotten ANY order that fast from China.

I think the fastest ever was about 9 days from FT. Maybe less from Focal in the old days.

Just think: what if they were allowed to use Prime? We'd all go broke. :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the fastest ever was about 9 days from FT. Maybe less from Focal in the old days.

Just think: what if they were allowed to use Prime? We'd all go broke. :D
Forgive my obvious ignorance, but what is prime? :)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
March 17, 2019, 10:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

WTF Fasttech ? This order was placed on 3/7 free ship. 10 days ago.....Never had anything that fast...WOW..
:hamster::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
March 17, 2019, 10:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

WTF Fasttech ? This order was placed on 3/7 free ship. 10 days ago.....Never had anything that fast...WOW..
:hamster::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:

is it a pretty small package ?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
is it a pretty small package ?
I reckon so, not much smaller than most my orders. But your question did make me go back and look at the package picture and I can see airmail in the lower left....

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I reckon so, not much smaller than most my orders. But your question did make me go back and look at the package picture and I can see airmail in the lower left....

by pretty small, I mean, fits in a hand. I got some batt wraps, small bubble package, in 2 weeks. I 'think" these small packages don't go through customs. so they get here faster.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was beginning to develop an addiction to ordering direct from China when suddenly Canada Post decided to go on strike late last year and everything fell apart. CP was claiming a backlog and asked other countries not to send shipments, so any orders that hadn't actually been handed over to the courier simply weren't being accepted. Then a few weeks later, give or take, they were back to work all was well. The backlogs were cleared and CP began accepting shipments again, but China didn't immediately get the message. Then there was the whole holding the huawei exec for extradition to the US thing, which didn't help, considering she's Mao's granddaughter or somesuch.

Tons of stuff that was available with free shipping before either no longer has the free shipping option or is still out right unable to be shipped here months and months later.

I had a handful of orders that sat in limbo for something like 4 months, two of which still haven't arrived.

Had a bunch of stuff in the carts, ready to go, but the more I think about it the more I say "Fuck em, I'd rather keep the money in North America anyway."

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I was beginning to develop an addiction to ordering direct from China when suddenly Canada Post decided to go on strike late last year and everything fell apart. CP was claiming a backlog and asked other countries not to send shipments, so any orders that hadn't actually been handed over to the courier simply weren't being accepted. Then a few weeks later, give or take, they were back to work all was well. The backlogs were cleared and CP began accepting shipments again, but China didn't immediately get the message. Then there was the whole holding the huawei exec for extradition to the US thing, which didn't help, considering she's Mao's granddaughter or somesuch.

Tons of stuff that was available with free shipping before either no longer has the free shipping option or is still out right unable to be shipped here months and months later.

I had a handful of orders that sat in limbo for something like 4 months, two of which still haven't arrived.

Had a bunch of stuff in the carts, ready to go, but the more I think about it the more I say "Fuck em, I'd rather keep the money in North America anyway."
That was a bitch I bet. Glad they back to work but the whole thing could've been handled better it seems.
I feel the same about where the money goes, plus don't have to fret shipping nearly as much.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My ECR heads are out for delivery! :vapemail:

March 18, 2019, 9:08 am

Out for Delivery
SPOKANE, WA 99208
Your item is out for delivery on March 18, 2019 at 9:08 am in SPOKANE, WA 99208.

March 18, 2019, 8:58 am
Sorting Complete
SPOKANE, WA 99208

March 18, 2019, 3:30 am

Arrived at Unit
SPOKANE, WA 99218

March 17, 2019

SPOKANE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

SPOKANE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Arrived at USPS Facility
BURLINGAME, CA 94010

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

Acceptance
CHINA

Order date:
efun-ECR-heads.jpg

Should be here sometime in the next couple of hours.

Not much going on for sports today, think I'll walk to Trader Joe's for fun/fresh air/exercise and return to my vape mail. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors