Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know a good place to order 510 drip tips? I'm interested in replacing the stock one. All the 510s I see on ebay say TFV8 or prince. I'm sure a 510 is a 510 but just wondering if there's a better place to order them from.

Thanks
If irr smok tips are proprietary.

Fasttech, cheap and free ship if you can stand the wait.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know a good place to order 510 drip tips? I'm interested in replacing the stock one. All the 510s I see on ebay say TFV8 or prince. I'm sure a 510 is a 510 but just wondering if there's a better place to order them from.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
eBay...... I found some nice ones.....

Or go to VisciousAnt.com they just produced a large batch and they are beautiful Stabwood for $18.00 bucks....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'll have to look into it. Didn't really plan to spend that much on one but we'll see.

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
I bought 2 sets. people here say "backup, backup, b a c k u p". and the price was real good.
Yeah, would love 2 pairs but I'm between jobs right now, and could barely get the pair I have now so they'll have to wait. I try to make it so they need charging at night so I can charge them while I sleep. I usually get about 2 days if I vape around 60w-65w but I enjoy it a little higher.

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
how did that go ? I think mine may need it also. but I am far from a geek, and I would HATE to brick the thing.
It's extremely easy. You can check your device in the setting under about device or device info or when you turn it off it will tell you the version you're on. It will probably say 1.02. Latest is 1.05. If you have a Windows I can walk you thru it over the phone. It takes like 5 minutes.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
it does say 1.02

thanx for the offer. where is the firmware ? ok, found it. I will get back to ya.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it did, it would still hold the correct time with the batteries overnight

Which is my point. I find it hard to believe that Vaperesso would design a mod that lost the time on it's clock every time somebody took out the batteries. It seems to me (whatever that's worth), that something else is going on. Of course I could be wrong.

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
Which is my point. I find it hard to believe that Vaperesso would design a mod that lost the time on it's clock every time somebody took out the batteries. It seems to me (whatever that's worth), that something else is going on. Of course I could be wrong.
Keep yours out overnight and let me know.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I hope it didn't sound like that. It just seems odd.

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I hope it didn't sound like that. It just seems odd.
Well, like a computer or laptop has a watch battery on the motherboard that keeps the time and bios settings. I don't think my vape does so that would make sense. If you swap the batteries fast enough, I'm sure it will hold but keeping them out for hours would make sense if the time didn't hold.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen reviews for mods with clocks where they were taken apart and the clock battery is visible. Yes, just like a cmos battery.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, not the same battery. A smaller one, but the same principle.

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
Tru dat. Im pretty sure unfortunately the polar doesn't have one :(

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
Swapping batteries fast does keep the time but ive noticed after a few days time does get slow. Im about 15 minutes slow right now. Not a big deal

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
Ordered and received my new coils. Ordered the geekvape aero mesh coils. They're 0.2ohms rated at 30w to 90w. I just installed it with some granny smith apple juice. Waiting for it to soak nice. I read good things about these coils so cant wait to try it.

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
It read 0.2 but when i fired it up, it went to 0.16. I cant get this thing to stay at the proper resistance.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It read 0.2 but when i fired it up, it went to 0.16. I cant get this thing to stay at the proper resistance.

Have you set it aside and tried another one? Also make sure the coil is in the base snugly and that the tank is one the mod snugly but not cranked down..

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
Have you set it aside and tried another one? Also make sure the coil is in the base snugly and that the tank is one the mod snugly but not cranked down..
Yeah I always make sure my coils are snug and i never tighten the tank. I turn it with my fingers til it stops and then that's it. I don't crank it down. Not sure why it does this.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I always make sure my coils are snug and i never tighten the tank. I turn it with my fingers til it stops and then that's it. I don't crank it down. Not sure why it does this.

Honestly I'm not either. Except maybe a faulty coil head, which is certainly not unheard of.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Kinda sucks it doesnt keep the time when you take the batteries out to charge.

I too have always hated that about mods with screens. Why even have a clock in your vape? There are literally hundreds of clocks in every persons house as it is. Why bother?

Muilisx

Member For 1 Year
I too have always hated that about mods with screens. Why even have a clock in your vape? There are literally hundreds of clocks in every persons house as it is. Why bother?
It's a cool feature. Just bugs me that it doesn't work perfectly.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I am going to go through my house and count everything that has a clock in it. Have done this before and it was absurd the number of things that do. Maybe subconsciously this is why I like mechanical mods. No clocks. There are 14 things with clocks in my living room presently.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to go through my house and count everything that has a clock in it. Have done this before and it was absurd the number of things that do. Maybe subconsciously this is why I like mechanical mods. No clocks. There are 14 things with clocks in my living room presently.
Honestly I don't need them that much, but on occasion they've been a quick check of the time.

The VK530 is faster. 3 clicks of the fire button.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only losers vape. All the cool kids know these are really just time piece stand-ins #clocklyfe

3ded4803d93a3005925feabacef23594.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors