Become a Patron!

orchid v4 leaking problem

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using 24g kanthal but have 22g and 28g and have done rebuild after rebuild and it won't stop leaking. Should I use a bigger or smaller diameter coil? I'm using rayon and I think I'm wicking it right. Should the coil sit higher or lower on the deck. Is there an optimal ga kanthal? Any tips or tricks to help me? Thanks

26650_hero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How are you filling the tank? From the bottom?

The coil diameter is more than likely not going to be your problem. I'd focus on your wicking technique... what is it?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
posted by @M5amhan
orchid1-jpg.19836

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should not leak without any wick at all. If the vacuum seal is good, it won't leak.

A buddy had a leaky orchid and his top cap was the v1 style where the oring was not captured in the top cap, it just sat on the chimney and (hopefully) pressed up against the recess in the top cap to seal.
If your top cap is like the v1 style, add the spare oring to double up and hopefully seal it up.
Also the tank orings could be damaged and need to be swapped out with the spares.

Once your tank has a good seal it won't matter how you wick it or if you even wick it... it wont leak. Couple exceptions to that is if you lay it on its side and lose the vacuum seal or if its in a hot car and fluid expands.

I wick mine like eric's pic too.

Coil higher or lower depends on if you want a warmer or cooler vape... closer, cooler. Get too close your coil will spit juice right down the air hole.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Orchids are funny beast.

But unless the device is sealed and vertical, it is gonna leak guaranteed.

But once you have your coils and wicks installed and the device put together sealed and filled, they vape like a champ!

VU Sponsors