Become a Patron!

Opinions on Berserker MTL?

generosity1821

Member For 1 Year
Just ordered a Berserker MTL, the original Atty not the mini and I wanna hear your opinions on how it performs.
I've heard many people that had leak problems, but that's just bad wicking etc. I wanna hear real Pros and Cons of the Atty maybe some advice on builds, what mg juice you prefer to use or if it's better to use the 2ml or the 4.5 ml tank that comes with.
Regards, Peat.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Maybe a bit early to chip in here, since I only received it in the morning. But I can give you first impressions, for whatever it's worth.

I've got a 6 wrap Kanthal 28GA build in there, 2.5mm ID, spaced, 0.93 Ohms. Cotton Bacon v2. Wick ports filled but not stuffed, wick holes free. Coil about 1mm away from the bottom air hole. I'm using the 4.5ml tank. Airflow "wide open"... that is as open as it gets with the Berserker, which translates roughly to the 2nd hole on the Ares or 3rd hole on the Siren 2, for reference. 18.5W. Flavour is fantastic!

This is the first build in there, and it seems I was lucky to get it right. I've refilled twice (I deliberately didn't fill it more than about 1/3 so I can practice refilling it - it's got a repuation for leaking, flooding, gurgling etc). No gurgling, flooding, leaking for me - yet. Let's see how it fares over night. :)

One thing I always do with screw-on top fills is to fill it up, then screw until I feel resistance, turn the whole thing upside down, wait a moment, then screw it tight. Works with most tanks okay, and did work with this one as well.

I was sceptical and am still (I seem to be a bit too lucky so far), and I only bought this tank because FT had it for $27 with MAP code ($44 normal price), which is dirt cheap. I expected it to be too tight of a draw, because it's praised for that by virtually every single reviewer out there, and I prefer a slightly looser MTL draw. But the biggest hole is spot on for me.

I think I've got pretty much all budget MTL RTAs that came out in the last 6 months or so: Siren 2 (22mm version), Ares, Hastur, Merlin MTL, and then some: Doggystyle, Coopervape version of the Skyline. The Berserker might just edging it on the flavour side. Hard to pick a winner.

Sorry about the wall of text. I shall spam you more in a few days to comment on the alleged leaking/flooding issues. :teehee:

Edit to add: I'm using 70% VG juice.

generosity1821

Member For 1 Year
Maybe a bit early to chip in here, since I only received it in the morning. But I can give you first impressions, for whatever it's worth.

I've got a 6 wrap Kanthal 28GA build in there, 2.5mm ID, spaced, 0.93 Ohms. Cotton Bacon v2. Wick ports filled but not stuffed, wick holes free. Coil about 1mm away from the bottom air hole. I'm using the 4.5ml tank. Airflow "wide open"... that is as open as it gets with the Berserker, which translates roughly to the 2nd hole on the Ares or 3rd hole on the Siren 2, for reference. 18.5W. Flavour is fantastic!

This is the first build in there, and it seems I was lucky to get it right. I've refilled twice (I deliberately didn't fill it more than about 1/3 so I can practice refilling it - it's got a repuation for leaking, flooding, gurgling etc). No gurgling, flooding, leaking for me - yet. Let's see how it fares over night. :)

One thing I always do with screw-on top fills is to fill it up, then screw until I feel resistance, turn the whole thing upside down, wait a moment, then screw it tight. Works with most tanks okay, and did work with this one as well.

I was sceptical and am still (I seem to be a bit too lucky so far), and I only bought this tank because FT had it for $27 with MAP code ($44 normal price), which is dirt cheap. I expected it to be too tight of a draw, because it's praised for that by virtually every single reviewer out there, and I prefer a slightly looser MTL draw. But the biggest hole is spot on for me.

I think I've got pretty much all budget MTL RTAs that came out in the last 6 months or so: Siren 2 (22mm version), Ares, Hastur, Merlin MTL, and then some: Doggystyle, Coopervape version of the Skyline. The Berserker might just edging it on the flavor side. Hard to pick a winner.

Sorry about the wall of text. I shall spam you more in a few days to comment on the alleged leaking/flooding issues. :teehee:

Edit to add: I'm using 70% VG juice.
I got it for 32euros guys at the local store had it at 50euros (what?)
There is a lot of noise out there for Hussar, Siren with the GTA deck, Hastur and a new one called the Rose mtl, I was skeptical cause there is the Mini berserker too, seems a bit more flavorful cause 22mm and has that SS tank section that's pure beauty, but a bit more pricey, so I got the normal Bersek.
There is a fuss in the community, noise about Manta RTA leaking too, had no issues with mine tho, so I expect the same with the Bersek xD
I'll use the coil that comes with at first, then im gonna try some single core clapton wire I have rn (28g/32gSS) with a 2.5 ID, the same that I use on Manta, gives me great flavor typically
Bout the airflow, Im a bit of "tight draw" guy when It comes to MTL vaping so I think im gonna enjoy it
Edit: Im using 50/50 on mtl xd

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I got it for 32euros guys at the local store had it at 50euros (what?)
There is a lot of noise out there for Hussar, Siren with the GTA deck, Hastur and a new one called the Rose mtl, I was skeptical cause there is the Mini berserker too, seems a bit more flavorful cause 22mm and has that SS tank section that's pure beauty, but a bit more pricey, so I got the normal Bersek.
There is a fuss in the community, noise about Manta RTA leaking too, had no issues with mine tho, so I expect the same with the Bersek xD
I'll use the coil that comes with at first, then im gonna try some single core clapton wire I have rn (28g/32gSS) with a 2.5 ID, the same that I use on Manta, gives me great flavor typically
Bout the airflow, Im a bit of "tight draw" guy when It comes to MTL vaping so I think im gonna enjoy it
Edit: Im using 50/50 on mtl xd

I doubt the Mini has more flavour, unless they shrunk the chimney/bell as well. Unlikely though as they would need to shrink the deck too, and there's no need to do that as there's plenty of space between glass and bell to shrink the tank down and leave the rest as is. But I don't have the Mini, so cannot confirm that this really is the case.

I'm sure you'll like the draw. It goes pretty tight, if that's your thing. (Err that sounded wrong. No pun intended here! :teehee:)

Actually it's quite easy to have the Siren 2 piss all over the place. That's because the wicking ports are gigantic, so you are almost required to use 3mm ID or more and/or stuff quite a lot of cotton into the coil, which can easily mute the flavour. I like the Siren 2 when I get the build right, but 1 out of 3 times I'm tearing it apart and try again. Ares and Hastur are much more forgiving with pretty much en par flavour.

generosity1821

Member For 1 Year
Update: Just got it today, installed one of the coils that comes with, its a clapton Idk what gauge or material it is but it comes at 0.7 ohms and vapes like a chunk!
Zero leaking refilled it twice until now, using 1mm airflow hole and Its a nice, tight, flavorful draw at 25 watts!
Currently using 50/50 6mg tobacco juice but I can't wait to fill this with a higher PG juice with some more flavors like caramel or coconut I feel it will analyze 100% of these flavors perfectly!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update: Just got it today, installed one of the coils that comes with, its a clapton Idk what gauge or material it is but it comes at 0.7 ohms and vapes like a chunk!
Zero leaking refilled it twice until now, using 1mm airflow hole and Its a nice, tight, flavorful draw at 25 watts!
Currently using 50/50 6mg tobacco juice but I can't wait to fill this with a higher PG juice with some more flavors like caramel or coconut I feel it will analyze 100% of these flavors perfectly!
I love my berserker and it's never flooded on me or gurgled like some people report. Just had awesome flavor and a really smooth vape. It's a true MTL tank. Not one of the ones that comes with an airflow reducer but is more a restricted lung hit. That's why the Ares fails as a decent MTL tank.
I use it in rotation with my Nautilus mini

VU Sponsors