Become a Patron!

Opening a vape store ...help please

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well im opening a vape shop close to myrtle Beach in the next year. Not alot of vape shops in that area. Starting to make my own line of juices for right now while i save the money. Any help on the first steps to getting a business license/wholesale license/ website etc....is much appreciated. Any cool names and theme ideas welcomed....what ya got?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To do it properly, you will need a business attorney and lots of liability insurance, in case someone gets sick from your e-liquid or you sell a mod which blows up...

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^^very true steve ty for the info im really concerned about if i can make enough money because im working in texas right now saving the money and this will be my only job after i move back i dont want to be rich but make do u know

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^^^^very true steve ty for the info im really concerned about if i can make enough money because im working in texas right now saving the money and this will be my only job after i move back i dont want to be rich but make do u know

I actually don't know how B&Ms in many places stay in business, unless they have a lot of online sales to cover their expenses, or are living off of saved money and close when that runs out...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

there are a few shops already going there.. as far as the area.. you make most maybe 75% income during the spring summer and fall..
winters are skinny.. You might want to google Horry County courthouse and find names and #s to call and inquire of everything you will be needing too.. I don't know the #s off the top of my head.. I did grow up there.. it's just way too commercialized for me now..

wish you lots of good luck!:)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah call it naked vapes and the theme would be nudist vaping....or a tatto parlour/vape shop.....or a skateboard park/vape shop or if all else fails just sell good juice and good hardware.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give a call to the city offices and get a new business package. Just about every city has these and they'll be happy to send it out to you. It will have all the information on what licenses are required and costs, if there are any zoning restrictions for your business, local resources for finding retail spaces, etc. This would be valuable to start your planning and give you info on exactly what you will need to startup your business. Many cities/counties also have programs to help new business' get started and offer guidance to make sure you start up correctly and efficiently with seminars and mentor programs. It would be worth touching bases with the local Chamber of Commerce also, they have a lot of good info to help you get started. Successful business generally starts with good knowledge and understanding of local requirements.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ty drone that helps a lot im trying to learn as much as i can right now but would love to start all the paperwork now and have a good understanding of it all

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever you do...how ever you can ....try and gauge your city's feelings toward vaping...it would be a total bummer if they outlawed you or wouldn't let your customers vape in the store.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea im going to have a local band play and food like barbecue on opening day and the trend has already started because my brother has called me about his friends want to know what kinda mod i had and how i could have so much cloud lol and all i have is a cloupor 150w dual coil twisted 28 on .45ohms lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Myrtle Beach has at least 3 vape shops.. so vaping has started, by 2 years ago..

zuluvape, ivape and vavavape.. i think vava has a few shops up and down the coast there..
but i would look to see what those are doing as well as make new friends there too..

Wish you good luck.. my kids live there and my oldest vapes, along with his girlfriend.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Myrtle Beach has at least 3 vape shops.. so vaping has started, by 2 years ago..

zuluvape, ivape and vavavape.. i think vava has a few shops up and down the coast there..
but i would look to see what those are doing as well as make new friends there too..

Wish you good luck.. my kids live there and my oldest vapes, along with his girlfriend.
Yea i plan on being as close as i can to myrtle Beach but not in the middle and the only one i know of is purple hase but im sure theres more like u said im thinking of somewhere like Litchfield or Garden City i only know of 1 in Pawleys Island and the guy was cool he even said he would help me out

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
here is something to search how many shops, if they have been listed..
you can add yours too, once it is up and going..

http://vaporsearchusa.com/

you will need a few good whole sellers too..

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I see most Vape shops buy the cheapest possible hardware and then just mark it up 10000% percent and expect customers not to notice. That's why I quit going to all Vape stores, EXCEPT for one. they have really cool employees, a wide array of house juice and many vendor juices in stock, and the best hardware at fair prices. There are probably 15 Vape shops near me here in WNC. I also think it's important to have great customer service. Just my 2 cents, I wish you the best of luck bud.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see most Vape shops buy the cheapest possible hardware and then just mark it up 10000% percent and expect customers not to notice. That's why I quit going to all Vape stores, EXCEPT for one. they have really cool employees, a wide array of house juice and many vendor juices in stock, and the best hardware at fair prices. There are probably 15 Vape shops near me here in WNC. I also think it's important to have great customer service. Just my 2 cents, I wish you the best of luck bud.
Yes good information i hope i want have to mark up really high because the same thing happened to me when i 1st started e-vaping i got raped so bad on pricing

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Nice dude ty

umm dudette :D lol.. but you welcome.. beach life down there is something else ;)
lived there many many years.. miss it, but it will never be the same for me..
I can remember years ago, standing in the middle of King's HWY and not seeing traffic in the winter time, maybe 1 car in 8 hours..
it's not so bad now, but winters there are still skinny.. most money to be made is summertime.

i miss the most, the ocean and surfing, skiing, snorkeling and catching sharks..
seafood, omy! but its all been farmed out now.. and the Inlet is now doing what they planned many years ago.. filling in for more property.

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
umm dudette :D lol.. but you welcome.. beach life down there is something else ;)
lived there many many years.. miss it, but it will never be the same for me..
I can remember years ago, standing in the middle of King's HWY and not seeing traffic in the winter time, maybe 1 car in 8 hours..
it's not so bad now, but winters there are still skinny.. most money to be made is summertime.

i miss the most, the ocean and surfing, skiing, snorkeling and catching sharks..
seafood, omy! but its all been farmed out now.. and the Inlet is now doing what they planned many years ago.. filling in for more property.
Hahaha dudette got me on that one hey u every eay at Lee's kitchen omg i love that place and also dead dog and the beaver bar has alote of my money lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My step dad used to supply all of the restaurants and bars with seafood ;) lol..
I still have a hobart mixer.. in my laundry room here.. :p

I lived close to the Channel Marker.. Mickey Spillane was my neighbor and I used to ride in his car John Wayne gave him.
I have partied with all the big and little bands there.. and had guitar lessons from Alabama.. I got to see Joan Jett in person..
because my mom rented motel rooms to all of the tours.. :)

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My step dad used to supply all of the restaurants and bars with seafood ;) lol..
I still have a hobart mixer.. in my laundry room here..

I lived close to the Channel Marker.. Mickey Spillane was my neighbor and I used to ride in his car John Wayne gave him.
I have partied with all the big and little bands there.. and had guitar lessons from Alabama.. I got to see Joan Jett in person..
because my mom rented motel rooms to all of the tours.. :)
Nice... i cant wait to get back home with all my friends

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well im opening a vape shop close to myrtle Beach in the next year. Not alot of vape shops in that area. Starting to make my own line of juices for right now while i save the money. Any help on the first steps to getting a business license/wholesale license/ website etc....is much appreciated. Any cool names and theme ideas welcomed....what ya got?
Go to your local congressman/woman and they will tell you all the things you need to take care of before you are officially a business. TaxID # is first and foremost. For me, I had to post in the local paper 1 time to be recognized by the state

VU Sponsors