Become a Patron!

OOO Flavors (one on one)

Tara_from_Pa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last month I bought some cereal concentrates from 1 on 1 flavors (ooo flavors) I'm having serious problems with getting flavor to come through. The site says recommended 5% - 15% I have been steeping for 3 weeks now.. Here are my results..

1.) Cookie Crisp
a) I did a 2ml bottle 50/50 pg/vg w/ 0 nic at 10% flavor (steeped 3 weeks) shaken, warm bath, cap on, cap off etc... I get 0 flavor. Nothing.
b) I did a 2ml bottle 50/50 pg/vg w/ 0 nic at 20% flavor (steeped 3 weeks) shaken, warm bath, cap on, cap off etc... I get little to Nothing flavor. (you can't even tell what it is)
c.) I did a 2ml bottle 50/50 pg/vg w/ 0 nic at 30% flavor (steeped 3 weeks) shaken, warm bath, cap on, cap off etc... I get very little flavor. A very light sweet chocolate comes through (I mean very light)

2.) Fruity Stones
a) I did a 2ml bottle 50/50 pg/vg w/ 0 nic at 10% flavor (steeped 3 weeks) shaken, warm bath, cap on, cap off etc... I get 0 flavor. Nothing.
b) I did a 2ml bottle 50/50 pg/vg w/ 0 nic at 20% flavor (steeped 3 weeks) shaken, warm bath, cap on, cap off etc... I get little to Nothing flavor. Kind of a sweet flavor comes through (you can't even tell what it is)
c.) I did a 2ml bottle 50/50 pg/vg w/ 0 nic at 30% flavor (steeped 3 weeks) shaken, warm bath, cap on, cap off etc... I get a little NASTY tasting fruit'ish flavor. Not even close to a cereal..

3.) Fruit Hoops
As soon as I mixed the juice turned "Cloudy" I mean nasty cloudy. Simply tossed it in the trash..

I make 2ml bottles to test. I don't bust in them and try from time to time while there steeping. I patiently wait. I can't see why 3 weeks at 30% you can't get a good flavor or a flavor profile from them..

I do the same thing time after time month after month with other concentrates from Flavor West, TFA, Loranne, etc.. (not always good results in flavor yet I can tell what they are)

Is it me? or has OOO Flavors getting weak on us? Once more, 30% w/ 3 week steep and nothing, Any suggestions?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
perhaps lowering your percentage..
too much can cause fading and nasty tastes..

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never tried that brand, but it sounds like you did a good range of %'s., and did the steeping. Maybe time to try a different manufacturer? Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Neil Hart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some of their flavors are very strong and others are extremely weak. When I tried the fruit stones I mixed it at 3-4% and it was way to strong. Then I tried Cinnamon Toast and it took 25% to taste anything. I spent a few hours mixing with them and was not satisfied with anything I had gotten from them. I am planning on trying them again soon but not a fan so far....I have the cereal sampler of flavorings so I might as well give it one more shot.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only had to go up to 12% a couple of FW and TFA flavors, but never tried ooo.
FlavourArt, Flavor Express, and VZ-SC average around 2-3% flavoring (single flavor).
FA Tiramisu & FA Coffee Espresso will blow your head off at 2%.
LA stuff was weaker than most.
NF has a couple of good ones, like Ginger for example.
Tasty Puff Rasta Root Beer seems pretty strong at 10%, and good too.

Maybe something else is wrong, like equipment maybe?
Can you taste anything when you drip a bit on your finger?
Still smoking or recently quit?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've only had to go up to 12% a couple of FW and TFA flavors, but never tried ooo.
FlavourArt, Flavor Express, and VZ-SC average around 2-3% flavoring (single flavor).

Whoaaaaa! Man, that one is strong to me at 6%, lol. I can taste it at 2%. Sure is a good one, though, huh?

Tara_from_Pa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

FW I have to go 15% + on anything they have. All equipment is in working order. I don't smoke. I think it's the manufacture. I am giving up on there flavors. To many others out there that you don't have to kill yourself over one place.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FW I have to go 15% + on anything they have. All equipment is in working order. I don't smoke. I think it's the manufacture. I am giving up on there flavors. To many others out there that you don't have to kill yourself over one place.
Very true.

I have a few FW, but those were recommended. My main flavors are FA and TFA. I have some INW and Caps, too.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use Tasty Puff at 8% and everything is GOOD! Love there stuff. Just not enough flavors by them

I just received a six pack of their flavors yesterday from an ebay site (grassrootsherbsupply) - 6 bottles for 13 dollars with shipping. just got them yesterday.
That was the second six pack of those flavors I bought. Good Stuff

Tara_from_Pa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hebob, is there a direct website for Flavor Exspress? Thanks

VU Sponsors