Become a Patron!

Only forum i have ever been banned from..(none vape)

keiffith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have been in and out of many Forums over the years, some that no longer exist unfortunately.

I was looking into getting a BMW E36, so I went to bimmer forums for some research. I posted a thread asking some questions that I couldn't find specifically, and the thread was productive. I went to login a few days later and found myself banned, and "no reason" was given. Emailed one of the admins and never got a response. Needless to say I don't really want an E36 anymore with a community ran by people like that.

So there is much truth to BMW owners being self rightous and obnoxious yuppies.

Just figured I would share for fun.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most E36 have been ruined by large wheels, lowering and body kits. Those aren't typical BWM owners...

keiffith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely. I just never been in one so I don't know how they "feel". They are incredibly hard to find were I live, so I was trying to figure out if it would be worth the 2-3 hour drive and months of searching to find one I want. But apparently I am just too white trash to own a unmolested 328I.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely. I just never been in one so I don't know how they "feel". They are incredibly hard to find were I live, so I was trying to figure out if it would be worth the 2-3 hour drive and months of searching to find one I want. But apparently I am just too white trash to own a unmolested 328I.
The beater ones have been ruined and the mint ones are hard to find and expensive for what they are...

keiffith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually found a well maintained bone stock Boston green 5 speed 328i for $3500, which was exactly what I wanted, just didn't have the money and it was almost 3 hours away.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The one in Pennsylvania? It's been ruined...

keiffith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh no this was 2 or so months ago. It was near Cleveland. Original owner car too. Guy just wanted a newer toy and had recently redone the cooling system as is mandatory with thes older bimmers.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So there is much truth to BMW owners being self rightous and obnoxious yuppies.
Father-in-law never got over my ribbing calling his lifted Bimmer station wagon the "inverted porcupine," eventually sold it and bought a lifted Lincoln station wagon.

The biggest forum pricks, I've found, are the auto enthusiasts - I've begrudgingly tolerated them for my Jeeps and rotary engines, but a good 20% of the posts on most car boards, I've found, consist of "Use the search function noob!"

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Father-in-law never got over my ribbing calling his lifted Bimmer station wagon the "inverted porcupine," eventually sold it and bought a lifted Lincoln station wagon.

The biggest forum pricks, I've found, are the auto enthusiasts - I've begrudgingly tolerated them for my Jeeps and rotary engines, but a good 20% of the posts on most car boards, I've found, consist of "Use the search function noob!"
and about another 40% of the total board is pics of Boobs on cars or near cars

I got banned from an S&M forum for being a sissy once.
odd you must not like spaghetti and meatballs then :D

Last edited:

VU Sponsors