Become a Patron!

One Lungers (single coil RTA'S)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems to be a lot of single coil RTA's hitting the market. I would love to hear your experiences. So far my only one lunger is my Merlin. Love the tank, great flavor but as most of you know she seeps from the base. Out of the 4 I own only 1 does not seep. Seems to be a qc issue on the press fit. I just ordered the Ammit and Serpent Mini from efun. Got the Ammit for $19.99 with the code AM. I'm looking at the OBS Ace, Goblin Mini v3, Kayfun 5 clone, Ehpro Bachelor, Bachelor Nano, Kayfun 3 clone, Merlin Mini, and Cthulhu MTL. Any other reccomdations, thoughts. Let's hear them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im also into single-coil rta's. I currently have serpent minis and they work great!

Ive been eyeing the petri rta, aromamizer supreme lite and the goblin mini v3. Those are the only single coil rta's i know that you havent mentioned. I do hope the put out more though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
According to tracking my Serpent Mini is out for delivery. Can't wait to try this one.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well got my Serpent Mini today. Wicked and juiced her up and all I can say is WOW! Awesome flavor. This Lil guy has some great flavor at low wattage. Put a clapton in there it's pretty damn good. Clouds are suprisingly nice for a one lunger. Big shout out to Augvape for replacing all 4 of my seeping bases free of charge. That's customer service.

5bec33393868b8f5422d7ee6bbda8f30.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got my Serpent Mini today. Wicked and juiced her up and all I can say is WOW! Awesome flavor. This Lil guy has some great flavor at low wattage. Put a clapton in there it's pretty damn good. Clouds are suprisingly nice for a one lunger. Big shout out to Augvape for replacing all 4 of my seeping bases free of charge. That's customer service.

Makes it that much worse I didn't see the sale on the Serpent.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

As much as I like the Serpent Mini, I prefer the Serpent Mini 25mm, due to better airflow and juice capacity. In addition, it comes with two build decks, in case you do want a dual coil setup. However, I use my Serpent Mini 25mm as a single coil, with an Alien coil. I do have to admit though, the 25mm has a slight loss in the flavor category, due to the airflow.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As much as I like the Serpent Mini, I prefer the Serpent Mini 25mm, due to better airflow and juice capacity. In addition, it comes with two build decks, in case you do want a dual coil setup. However, I use my Serpent Mini 25mm as a single coil, with an Alien coil. I do have to admit though, the 25mm has a slight loss in the flavor category, due to the airflow.
I'll be on the hunt for a 25mm this weekend. Just picked up an original Serpent for $9 thanks to @mjag.

Tar Heel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the authentic Kayfun 5 and I love it with a fused Clapton, gives awesome flavor

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
People tire of me saying it, and I know it's not ONLY a single coil RTA, but I've not found anything I love as much as my Goblin Mini v1, in single coil mode. Mine doesn't leak, I love the flavor, the amount of airflow it offers is perfect for me. Merlin held great hope, until it stopped holding juice - both of them. That tank does nothing but piss me off.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Black Friday Take:

I got 2 Serpents, Serpent Mini, 2 Serpent Mini 25's, 2 Ammits, Merlin Mini, K3 clone, K5 clone, and a Mage Gta on the way. Absolutely loving the single coil setups lately. I have a Serpent mini on a mod right now and the flavor is pretty damn good.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People tire of me saying it, and I know it's not ONLY a single coil RTA, but I've not found anything I love as much as my Goblin Mini v1, in single coil mode. Mine doesn't leak, I love the flavor, the amount of airflow it offers is perfect for me. Merlin held great hope, until it stopped holding juice - both of them. That tank does nothing but piss me off.
I bought the Goblin on your recco and while the flavor is indeed great, that deck is a bitch to build on. So tiny and that fill port is so annoying. I'm going to pick up a Goblin V3 if I see a great deal on it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought the Goblin on your recco and while the flavor is indeed great, that deck is a bitch to build on. So tiny and that fill port is so annoying. I'm going to pick up a Goblin V3 if I see a great deal on it.

I'm one of those weirdos that isn't crazy about top fill tanks, so that's why that one doesn't bother me. But yeah, the deck is tiny. As I get older, it just gets smaller. Weird, huh? :crazy:

Look around for reviews, and opinions, on the V3. I'm hearing both thoughts. Another guy here, that vapes a lot like I do, wasn't too crazy about his V3. The v2... ugh. If you don't get the wicking exactly right - >splat< All your juice falls out, lol. At one time! :gaah:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm one of those weirdos that isn't crazy about top fill tanks, so that's why that one doesn't bother me. But yeah, the deck is tiny. As I get older, it just gets smaller. Weird, huh? :crazy:

Look around for reviews, and opinions, on the V3. I'm hearing both thoughts. Another guy here, that vapes a lot like I do, wasn't too crazy about his V3. The v2... ugh. If you don't get the wicking exactly right - >splat< All your juice falls out, lol. At one time! :gaah:
Lol, unfortunately as we all get older everything tends to get smaller.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This Serpent looks like it was made for the SS Ipv5. I know it's an old mod but it's still one of my favorites.

ee4923974511eb7bec2cd4e613ebf800.jpg

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Serpent looks like it was made for the SS Ipv5. I know it's an old mod but it's still one of my favorites.

ee4923974511eb7bec2cd4e613ebf800.jpg

They look good together! I don't know if I would call the IPV5 "old", it's only been about 8 months or so, but I guess that's old in the vape world. I got 2 Merlins and one of them seep from the base too. I've also been checking out other single coil RTA's, the Merlin Mini looks nice, but worry about QC and the Cthulhu MTL looks nice as well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They look good together! I don't know if I would call the IPV5 "old", it's only been about 8 months or so, but I guess that's old in the vape world. I got 2 Merlins and one of them seep from the base too. I've also been checking out other single coil RTA's, the Merlin Mini looks nice, but worry about QC and the Cthulhu MTL looks nice as well.
Yep, I had the same worries but I ordered a Merlin Mini because Augvape replaced 4 of my seeping bases. So I figured since they did right by me I'd give them another shot. I tend to really like Augvapes stuff just wish they would crack the whip on their QC. I love my Boreas and Alleria. Raymo2u showed a pic of the prototype Merlin RDTA in the Merlin thread.

By the way, loving this $9 Serpent. So glad I grabbed two. I shoved a single clapton in there ohming out at .45 and 65 watts in ss tc on my Slice and flavor is awesome.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever consider an avocado and running it as single coil? Also...smok just came out with the skyhook. This is basically an avocado .... but with smok on it. I so far like my genny tank.... but I can see where some might not like it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ever consider an avocado and running it as single coil? Also...smok just came out with the skyhook. This is basically an avocado .... but with smok on it. I so far like my genny tank.... but I can see where some might not like it.

I have an Avacado 24, a Limitless Plus, and an Azeroth. Not really into the Genny style tanks. I just feel I get much better flavor from a bottom feed, bottom air flow tank. It's exactly what held me back from buying the Engine. I can't see top air flow only producing great flavor. I might look at the Skyhook though because the spec sheet says it has bottom air flow.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was one of the people that couldn't wait for the Goblin mini v3 ......I believe they attempted to do too much with the little guy. It's neither DL nor MTL really, but that's just my opinion, who knows, you might like it. It is a sort of restricted DL and if you close the afc it is MTL-ish but a bit loose. I fear that in all this revamping they lost a little of whatever it was that gave it great flavor. Tha Kayfun mini v3 plus is much better as far as MTL and flavor.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was one of the people that couldn't wait for the Goblin mini v3 ......I believe they attempted to do too much with the little guy. It's neither DL nor MTL really, but that's just my opinion, who knows, you might like it. It is a sort of restricted DL and if you close the afc it is MTL-ish but a bit loose. I fear that in all this revamping they lost a little of whatever it was that gave it great flavor. Tha Kayfun mini v3 plus is much better as far as MTL and flavor.
Yeah, I think I'm going to like that one. That's the exact type of draw/pull I like.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's kinda neat. Is it out yet? I love Geekvape stuff. Can't wait for my Ammits to arrive.

There's a fee guys on here that are running this. I think it may be my next purchase. If merlins were better built I'd be all over one. I almost pulled the trigger on one from a guy selling here but just couldn't do it.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Avacado 24, a Limitless Plus, and an Azeroth. Not really into the Genny style tanks. I just feel I get much better flavor from a bottom feed, bottom air flow tank. It's exactly what held me back from buying the Engine. I can't see top air flow only producing great flavor. I might look at the Skyhook though because the spec sheet says it has bottom air flow.

I like genny style tanks, I got a Limitless Plus v1 and just got the new iJoy RDTA Box, but I use those when I'm in the mood for big coils. I have an OBS Engine and like it alot, the flavor is excellent. It is a bit finicky about wicking until you get it figured out, but once you get it it's a snap. I wish there was a single coil version though.

I been thinking about the Serpent Mini, I like using smaller single coil tanks on my single 18650 mods. I tend to use single coil tanks more for restricted DTL. My vaping style changes throughout the day, so it's nice to have different choices in my arsenal.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like genny style tanks, I got a Limitless Plus v1 and just got the new iJoy RDTA Box, but I use those when I'm in the mood for big coils. I have an OBS Engine and like it alot, the flavor is excellent. It is a bit finicky about wicking until you get it figured out, but once you get it it's a snap. I wish there was a single coil version though.

I been thinking about the Serpent Mini, I like using smaller single coil tanks on my single 18650 mods. I tend to use single coil tanks more for restricted DTL. My vaping style changes throughout the day, so it's nice to have different choices in my arsenal.
I here that bro, I'm all about choices. I make a conscious effort not to pigeon hole myself into a certain type of mod or tank. I tend to take my vape journey in concentrated spurts. First I was on a tc kick, then the DNA'S, then the sub ohm tanks, Rtas, dual coil tanks, FSK board, and now one lungers. Soon I'm gonna start making my own Claptons. It's the variety that truly is the spice of life.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, got my Kayfun 3 Mini clone. I have to say the machining and quality on this lil guy is real nice. The deck is definitely on the small size so if you're a clumsy fucktard like me you may have some difficulty building on this one. I did 8 wraps of 28 SS on 2.5mm. Ohming out at .8 and rocking her at a full 18w. Real nice MTL vape. Flavor is real nice and the draw on this tank is very reminiscent of a cigarette. Overall for the under $10 price tag this one is a nice single coil MTL tank.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

what gennys do you have.

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My go to single coil tanks are my avocado 22's with the ceramic block put in and of course the Serpent mini. Now I need to find a great single coil RDA for flavor.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack , it still doesn't look like a MTL tank!
For me it doesn't necessarily have to be. I like a restricted lung hit all the way to a legit MTL vape. I just don't like the wide open airy vapes. I'm all about the flavor.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me, I think the Cthulhu MTL holds the most hope, followed by Digiflavor Siren. The only review of the Cthulhu I has a chance to see was PBusardo's and to me at least, the tank seems a little too fiddly. I guess I will look for the Siren.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where did you get it from? Does it have the logos on it? I found the logo very useful as a mark when opening/closing the JC
One of the Chinese companies. I think efun. Yeah I have a logo. I use that to count the turns.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It probably was efun. they're sold out now. They're advertising the Kabuki as a sub-ohm tank! I guess none of them vape, otherwise they'd know the nautilus coils are anything but sub-ohm!

VU Sponsors